IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What's your favorite Adam Sandler movie?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by biscione95, Oct 11, 2016.

1. biscione95

biscione95 New Member

Personally I love Click because of his high performance and also for the message that transmists. I like Adam Sandler because I think he puts all of himself in his movies and also because he's a genuin and funny person.

And what about you? what's your favourite Adam Sandler's movie?

2. shiron-san

shiron-san New Member

The Grown Up & The Grown Up 2. NO QUESTION ASKED
    That being said It honestly depends on your own point of view

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  3. Judy Green

Judy Green New Member

I can't really say I have a favorite. There are some I love, Wedding Singer, 50 First Dates, Spanglish. There are some I like, Click, Grown Ups. And his early movies that I cannot watch, Billy Madison, Water Boy. But I think Adam Sandler is a dedicated actor, he has a natural gift for humor, and his movies are a nice escape.

4. quiquitfw

quiquitfw New Member

Big Daddy... Exemplary 90's. It was when puerile silliness was certainly great, as it would look totally off today. It showed fairly profundity with the social administration jazz and three thumbs up for Jon Stewart

5. Maysa

Maysa New Member

My favorite is also "Click". I really like it and, as you said, the message that it passes is beautiful and touching. The first time I watched it was at the movies and I remember that I think it was funny, but I also cried a lot. I like how this movie shows us that what matters the most in our life is the relationship we build with the people we love and that matter to us, and not the material and surperfluous things that we may conquer along our life.

6. Breanna

Breanna New Member

The movie I love the most of his is 50 first dates. I love how even though Lucy doesn't and wont ever remember him or who he is he still tries and never gives up on their love. He reminds her every day while they are together who he is and what their relationship towards each other is.

7. jfrey328

jfrey328 New Member

My favorite is probably Eight Crazy Nights. It stands out as an animated film, and I like that it's a musical. Adam Sandler voices a few different characters, and they're all hilarious (especially Eleanor).

I never really cared for Click, but Big Daddy and 50 First Dates were both pretty good. I'll watch anything with Drew Barrymore, so I'm somewhat biased.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  8. jfrey328

jfrey328 New Member

I forgot that Jon Stewart was in Big Daddy. He was so young! It's a shame he stopped making movies, especially since Adam Sandler uses the same actors in a lot of his movies.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  9. Larisa

Larisa New Member

I personally think my favorite Adam Sandler character when he was in click because his character kept changing. He was extremely funny when we ended up being a fat guy. He really ulitizes his acting abilities in every movie. He is probably one of my top favorite actors especially because he uses he same people in his movies and they all play hilarious roles.

10. teighlor smith

teighlor smith New Member

My favorite Adam Sandler movie would have to be blended. At first I didn't think I would like it, but its very funny a has a nice story plot line. Its not too corny. It also has drew barrymore, and I really like her as a actor.

11. AngelaMc

AngelaMc New Member

My favorite Adam Sandler Movie is "Mr. "Deeds.

The story - we all know it's a remake of the classic depression-era propaganda film starring Gary Cooper, designed to lift spirits and foster a sense of community - centres around a picturesque New England town and its perenially-cheerful, smalltown inhabitants, chiefly Longfellow Deeds (Sandler), who inherits a fortune from an uncle he never knew, finds himself at the helm of a media empire and heads to the Big Apple to find out more.

Here Winona Ryder steps in as the ambitious TV reporter determined to get her big scoop and dupes the affable Deeds into falling in love with her. All the time she's wearing a wire and a hidden camera to enable their courtship and his antics, sometimes drunken, sometimes heroic, to be broadcast on the evening news. Typically Deeds is the last to know and is appalled when he makes the connection. By which time Ryder's character has fallen in love herself, resigned from her job and is begging for a second chance.

Do they fall in Love? Does Sandler give her a second chance? You must watch to find out.

12. darkshadow0001

darkshadow0001 New Member

I think my favorite Adam Sandler movie is Pixels. Pixels did a really good job at making his character believable, and I have always been big on video games (even though I don't play as much as I used to anymore) and the movie was just great. Sandler and Keven Smith were awesome in it, and have great chemistry. I also like Sandler in Hotel Transelvania, even though it's animated :)My favorite line in there is "blah blah blah"

13. Fatjon

Fatjon New Member

The best ever Adam Sandler movie is The Grown Ups. I love that movie,and i can watch it repeatedly .

14. Corena

Corena Member

It is so hard to choose just one Adam Sandler movie. He is one of my all-time favorite actors and he has so many movies that are great movies. But if I had to narrow it down, I'd have to say "Funny People" and "The Cobbler" are two of my very favorites.

In my opinion, "Funny People" is so different then Adam Sandlers' other movies. Instead of funny, he seems to be more cynical and sad. He plays the character of a famous but lonely comedian, who is dying from cancer. That's all I will say so I don't ruin it for anyone who has not seen the movie before. But I really love this movie because of its' difference and it just stands out to me.

"The Cobbler" is a new movie of Adam Sandlers'. It is about a cobbler whose machine breaks down while he is trying to fix a pair of shoes, so he uses his father's old machine to finish them. He soon realizes that he can become another person by wearing the shoes he has fixed with his father's machine and gets himself into all kinds of trouble. It is a really great movie.

15. Jswindell

Jswindell New Member

Not an Adam Sandler fan but I love The Wedding Singer. It's not just the 1980s nostalgia but the story itself just gets me right here *pounds chest*. It was also unique in the fact that included not only current names but much older and "niche" actors like the late Alexis Arquette, who was just part of the gang and not an outcast. Billy Idol was a nice touch also but I could really relate to Sandler's character, as it always seems that the good guy comes in last.

16. mfinnie

mfinnie New Member

Definitely for me the funniest one that i come back to is Happy Gilmore. Some of the newest ones i don't really like.

17. Arthur

Arthur New Member

It is difficult for me to decide between "Grown Ups" and "Click". Both have a good story and were unforgettable to me, but if I have to decide between one of them, I will stay with "Click". It made me think about life and all I consider important, and it's a movie that make you laugh and cry a lot. For me it's a movie that everyone should see before they die.

18. jahanzeb ali qureshi

jahanzeb ali qureshi New Member

I like his series of "American Pie". I watched all the parts just because of Adam Sandler. This series was about the young school boys and their sexual fantasy. The best parts was " American Pie 2" and the best scene in it was the webcam broadcasting that everyone in college watched it live. Another film by Adam sandler that i like is "You Don't Mess With Zohan" and it was releaes in 2008. This movie was an amazing comedy. Obviously Adam Sandler is an amazing actor with brilliant comedy skills. I am waiting to watch his new movie that will released soon.

19. maryliz2017

maryliz2017 New Member

My favorite Adam Sandler movie is The Waterboy. It was a great comedy. As someone else mentioned, I'm not really a big Adam Sandler fan, but this is one of the few Adam Sandler movies that I did enjoy. I've seen it multiple times.

20. Mortemonee

Mortemonee Member

I think my favorite Adam Sandler movie I liked was big daddy where thirty-two-year-old Sonny Koufax (Adam Sandler) has spent his whole life avoiding responsibility.