IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What's Your Favorite Jim Carrey Movie

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by darryl thompson, Oct 1, 2016.

1. darryl thompson

darryl thompson New Member

Ace Ventura Pet Detective is my all time funny movie. Jim Carrey's character "Ace" is a riot. Over the top comedy.

His honesty about animal cruelty was so brilliantly done. Comedic genius on every scale. Jim is my favorite comedian. He puts his all into every project.

2. Dennis B. Coronel

Dennis B. Coronel New Member

I almost enjoyed his movies actually Im an avid fan of him ace ventura is one of my favorite that he portray. He is really funny though specially his movie God almighty its a good story and a good example for those people really fed up it gives you a motivation that everthing happens for a reason that it really push you through to be strong. The truman show is one of my list on his movies really mind blowing in the start its just a normal movie if you have'nt research about it but when you continue watching it really mind blown. You should check other movies though his movies is worth it to watch you won't regret a thing.

3. AimlessDreamre

AimlessDreamre Member

Jim Carrey is one of my favorite actors as well! I would have to say my favorite movies with him in it that I've seen so far have to be: Ace Venture: Pet Detective, Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, Yes Man, How The Grinch Stole Christmas and Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events. Jim Carrey is definitely one talented guy!

4. Gustavo Woltmann

Gustavo Woltmann New Member

My favorite Jim Carrey film was Me, Myself, and Irene. It was quite sad at the start with his wife leaving him for a dwarf but it does get a lot more funnier when he changes into his alto ego called Hank. The ending of the movie is really good too if you like happy endings which I do a lot!

5. Energysage97

Energysage97 New Member

What's not to like when it comes to any of Jim Carrey's movies? If I had to choose, though, they would be Yes Man, God Almighty, and Me Myself and Irene. After watching Yes Man I tried to say yes to everything that came to me.

6. Carmen Lorenzo

Carmen Lorenzo New Member

My all time Jim Carrey movie is, "Ace Ventura,: Pet Detective". That movie was so hilarious that I almost fell on the floor laughing. He is such a great talent and I love how he acts silly. I love people who dare to be silly! That's an attribute we often try to hide but it's so beautiful and childlike.

7. slumberchip

slumberchip New Member

While people may have typecasted Jim Carrey as a comedian, The Truman Show portrays him in quite a different light. It's one of those movies that make you think about life on a deeper level. Carrey's moment of epiphany is the movie (and what happens afterwards) is noteworthy.

Happyflowerlady likes this.
  8. Corena

Corena Member

I absolutely love Jim Carey as an actor, so it is so hard to choose just one of his movies. However, if I have to choose just one, it would have to be "The Mask". It is an oldie, but it was one of my first favorites of his movies and I still watch it and laugh so hard. Although it is a very funny movie, it does also have its serious moments, and i really like that about a movie. Not to mention, my dad and I use to watch it together as well, so I'm sure that adds to why it is my favorite movie of Jim Carey's.

9. mfinnie

mfinnie New Member

For me it's a tie between The Mask, Pet Detective, and Dumb and Dumber. I love them all and i can't really pick a favorite.

10. VEHNOM1

VEHNOM1 New Member

Bruce almighty is my favorite Jim Carey film it was hilarious, the cast was well put together with a great combination of talented actors who made the movie epic. The scene in the newsroom when Bruce was manipulating the news reporter's notes has got to be the funniest scene I've ever seen in a comedy my entire life.