IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Whats your favourite search engine?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by melon, Oct 22, 2017.

1. melon

melon New Member

For me i like to use the Google more, its fast and few annoying ads. Make me love it more.

Hudson likes this.
  2. Sylvance

Sylvance New Member

I too use Google. I find it fast and more user friendly than other search engines. I tried using Bing a couple of months ago but it kept on crushing on my laptop. So when I took the initiative to switch back to Google, I swore not to try any other.

Hudson likes this.
  3. Dylan0120

Dylan0120 New Member

That's really true bro, Google is the fastest search engine as compared to others like Bing or Yahoo. What I love about Google is that it loads and displays pages very quickly. Also, it has a basic and simple design, making it easy to use. Then, It automatically translates pages in the language you understand for our convenience. That's why Google for me is the best.

Hudson likes this.
  4. ColdFlameChris

ColdFlameChris New Member

When it comes to search engine, nothing beats Google. I always use and rely on Google whenever I want to learn or research something on the internet. Google offers lots of options that are best for you. It's also easier to navigate the site and it gives you the best options that you're looking for. Google dominates not only in search engine, but also in a browser, smartphone OS, and more. I guess people well prefer to use Google than any other search engine online.

Hudson likes this.
  5. Aggy91

Aggy91 Member

@melon I love to use Google because I have found that it show more search results than Yahoo or Bing. I also love it because of the Google Translator and now i can have conversations with my Facebook friends who speak different languages.The search background is also very neat and easy to navigate in.

Hudson likes this.
  6. Hmid_Lashkham

Hmid_Lashkham New Member

It's certainly true that Google beats all its competitors when it comes to providing the most accurate English results. However, there are certain aspects in which competitors provide better results. For example, when it comes to Russian or Ukrainian online content, Google simply falls short when compared to Yandex. The same applies to Mandarin and Cantonese content, as Baidu is simply unbeatable in that part of the world wide web.

In addition, Bing is widely seen as superior to Google in its image results. Duckduckgo has a focus on privacy that is greatly valued by privacy-conscious internet users. This is why I wouldn't just declare one browser as the best without any context. Different tools for different needs.

Hudson likes this.
  7. Den

Den New Member

Google sets the game in search engines. It is really where you can relay most of the things you need to find. Google on the other hand is not perfect for it needs to also improves a lot to cater its user's specific needs all around the world. However since Google already have the users foundation, improvements like this is for sure on their next line already. I've seen company that is helping Google with this, so hopefully more reliable results soon will be found in Google.

Hudson likes this.
  8. Hello World

Hello World New Member

Definitely Google. Because Google is the best and most functional as well as feature rich search engine. It is the most accurate and beautifully designed search engine. I use Google on daily basis and after the launch of Google Assistant, searching is fun and most helpful tool I use on Internet.

Hudson likes this.
  9. Gee Wanjiru

Gee Wanjiru New Member

My favorite search engine is Google. I love google because its interface is very user-friendly. I also like the prediction feature because I am the kind of person who likes to take the shorter route.

Google unlike other search engines has less advertisements and pop-ups so you can easily focus on what you are searching for as the screen is not busy.

I find the font, style and arrangement on google very neat and readable considering that I am short-sighted and strain a lot while using electronic gadgets.

Hudson likes this.
  10. Soban Saeed

Soban Saeed New Member

My favourite search engine would be Google for sure. It's the best search engine which now almost everybody is aware of. It has a very friendly user interface and it gives you plenty of categories to search for. The best part about this search engine is that it doesn't shows you advertisements while you're searching for anything. Best search engine!

Hudson likes this.
  11. benedict odhiambo

benedict odhiambo New Member

Google chrome because its faster than any other browser

Hudson likes this.
  12. nekonieden

nekonieden New Member

At first I used Yahoo as my main search engine but when I discovered Google, I immediately shipped to Google because it's easier to navigate. Every time I search for something, the result is more accurate than other search engine and I like the way it was design. Its font and blue bold text with white background makes it pleasing to the eyes. The design is just simple but what makes it beautiful is, it is comfortable to use because of its simple design.

My brother was the first one to discover before me. I used his laptop and I can see the things he downloaded and I saw Google. I don't have any idea about Google at that time until my classmates told me that is a kind of search engine and to compare it with others, it is more accurate than all.

13. Naturally Awesome

Naturally Awesome New Member

Of course everybody loves Google! Well, at least almost everyone of us does.

I think it's the most user-friendly search engine out there in the market today. Although IE, Yahoo, MSN, Safari, Bing, etc. may also be available and some of them are even the default browsers on certain devices, still many of us would browse through Google. It's fast, easy and reliable. I've done some comparisons in the past using these popular search engines on different devices and personally, I find that the searches using Google browser are much wider and more accurate compared to others. It generates hundreds or thousands of possible search results. It also has the exact, if not the closest search result of most of my queries compared to the other search engines.

Hudson likes this.
  14. pmusee

pmusee New Member

Recently a lot of search engines are coming up in the market but google search engine remains explicit. Google search engine is widely used and also due to its many capabilities makes it win the market. Other factors like easy to register websites SEOs to google search engines makes it have big weight on the market than other search engines. Google search engine remains my best search engine of all the time.

Hudson likes this.
  15. Aawdio

Aawdio New Member

My favorite search engine is Google too. The reason I like Google is because its fast and its the most used search engine so why not use it. Google has few ads that cover my page and block my view. That is why I use Google.

Hudson likes this.
  16. pixelex

pixelex New Member

Unpopular opinion, however, I happen to use Bing. I used to use Google for everything, even when it was inconvenient! If I happened to be on a computer where default search engine was something else I would simply look up google. Recently I began to use Bing. There wasn't any special reason why other than they have a rewards program for searching on it, and it was what came up when I started my browser.

Hudson likes this.
  17. Charnell

Charnell New Member

I have used many different search engines, but I still find that Google is my favorite. In my experience, the speed and quality of results is unparalleled.

Hudson likes this.
  18. Eli

Eli New Member

I definitely agree., Google is my favorite for the same reason Google has done a great job of balancing ads with content. The ads are easy enough to pick out, but blend in enough with their other content to not be annoying.

Additionally, Google has the most accurate search results. I'm not sure if this is due to connected accounts, or better algorithms, but it's much better at showing me what I want than its competitors. It's also much faster than them, especially when using Chrome.

I feel like this acronym for Bing.com sums it up well:
    B**** I'm Not Google!

Hudson likes this.
  19. Sam Spencer

Sam Spencer New Member

I would agree as well - other search engines like bing are slow and often bring up inaccurate results.

Hudson likes this.
  20. Hudson

Hudson New Member

I am not good in following a crowd because they are not right all the times. However, having read the topic of discussion posted by Melon and gone through everyone's responses at the time I make my post, I truly join everyone in accepting their opinion that google is a favorite search engine.

Firstly, it is user friendly allowing users to be able to access to the content being looked for. A person may have typing error while searching for information looked for but you will always find; "did you mean", followed by the relevant contents to the information sought. This makes it more easier to use.

Secondly, the section where the key words are typed is easy to locate making it easier even for a newbie in internet use to be able to use it to access information. There are indeed many benefits of google as a search engine making it to be my favorite.