IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Where I can Practice talking Spanish Online?

Discussion in 'Education' started by Derik, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Derik

Derik New Member

I recently started learning Spanish and I desire to find people to practice what I have learned by having normal conversations. Do you know where I can find people to talk online?

2. Jazzey98

Jazzey98 New Member

I hear Rosetta Stone is a good program. You should try it out if you already haveng. It cost a bit of money but it's worth it in the long run. I've also heard of apps you can get that are as effective as being in a class or using Rosetta Stone

3. thewritester71

thewritester71 New Member

I would like to learn French. I have noticed that there are various apps that you can download which can help you learn any language. Try those. My husband learnt the Thai language many years ago as he spent some time there and was immersed in the culture. I have been there with him three times and I loved it. What a relief it was to hear him speak the language and be able to communicate with people. He learnt by listening to cassette tapes and also going to the local Buddhist temple for teaching.

4. Darla78

Darla78 New Member

Yes, I heard that Rosetta Stone is a great software to learn any language. From the little that I've sampled, it is but to speak the language(s) that you've learned fluently... I don't see how Rosetta Stone can help. So I'd suggest finding a live feed that will allow you to learn the words and speak with someone via Skype or some other video chat. There are app that will allow you to learn and speak via a smartphone (e.g.: Duolingo). I love this app.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  5. PnkyBrewster

PnkyBrewster New Member

Have you heard of or tried Livemocha, I use it to practice my terrible Russian. You are able to take lessons on their site as well as enjoy helping non-native speakers practice their English. I have a few people that I speak with from that site, I met them through a lesson and was lucky enough that they wanted to help me continue practicing. Since we became friends through Livemocha we have moved on to Skype so we can actually speak "in person". Buena suerte con sus estudios!

6. PnkyBrewster

PnkyBrewster New Member

Try Livemocha, its an online platform and you are learning with other people. You get points to use toward buying new lessons by grading and critiquing other people's assignments that are learning the language you are fluent in.

7. biege

biege New Member

I'm using Duolingo on my smartphone as well. I'm studying French as of writing. :D

8. cindy scaccia

cindy scaccia New Member

Babbel has free Spanish lessons. I like this site because they show you the word and SAY the word so you can hear how it's pronounced. After you learn a few words, they show pictures, the English words and the Spanish words and you have to match them all up. It makes learning a new language fun.

9. usman ali

usman ali New Member

I found one site which looks very helpful, i can see materials on this site are aimed at learners with beginner to intermediate levels of Spanish language.There are a few vocabulary building games for intermediate to advanced learners on the Advanced Spanish Games page, and some verb conjugation games in the Spanish Verbs Section.:):)

10. Maysa

Maysa New Member

I know a great website that has been helping me improving the languages I'm learning by practicing them with other people. It's called Interpals and I like it very much because you can meet people - who are also learning languages - from all over the world! So you could practice Spanish and make new friends too - or at least have some good conversations.