IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Which browser for browsing?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by yahyalamghari, Sep 9, 2015.

1. sophv

sophv New Member

Google Chrome has never caused me any problems. I’ve used it for a long time now and it seems to be the best. However, that’s just for desktop use for me. When I’m on my phone, I use Safari. I love them both, though.

2. Raffy Mark

Raffy Mark New Member

Personally I tend to lean towards Chrome for my internet browser as it provides the fastest experience. It offers a variety of options that allow you to customize the browser and modify it to fit your needs. While the other browsers provided a decent expirence they have never been able to beat the high score set by Google Chrome.

Everything about Chrome just screams simplicity, and user friendliness. It is very easy to navigate and allows you to easily hook up your gmail based accounts (YouTube, etc). I could go on and on about the countless features that Chrome provides you such as the huge list of tools and extensions available for download.

But In the end Google Chrome to me is superior over any other internet browser.

3. Uyj

Uyj New Member

I'll go with Google chrome, because we all know Google is the number one search engine in the internet. So Google created a browser called Google chrome, so it means Google chrome is the best browser for browsing because Google created it.

My main browser is Google chrome and I will recommend it. Mozilla Firefox is good also but I will not recommend it because I have some bad experienced using that browser.

4. zdevilinside

zdevilinside New Member

I use both Firefox and Chrome depending upon what I am doing. General use is Firefox because the way I have it setup it is quite secure and extremely difficult to get spyware/adware installed. If it is a site that is in a foreign language, I use Chrome and the built in translating tool so I can read what the site says.

5. WriterAtYourService

WriterAtYourService New Member

I agree my friend! Google Chrome is the best browser I've ever tried. Since the day that I started using Google when I was a child to search about my assignments, Google helped me a lot for my researches. Google never failed me, and because of google, my life became easier. That's why I really love Google!

6. NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja New Member

Having different browsers,

I choose between Firefox and Chrome. If there is something that does not work well on one, I use the other. They both have a huge number of extensions, but I usually try to avoid extensions, though.

I am not a big fan of Microsoft Edge and I avoid it like rain. Rumors say it is getting better, but the design of it has always been offensive to me. Single platform, lock-in oriented with not so good security and extensibility

7. Rommel

Rommel New Member

I notice Google Chrome is very fast. I had use Opera as well the its also fast but chrome has more extension offered. Firefox is slow at the moment. I has tried SeaMonkey it was lightweight and fast but some website are compatible with Seamonkey. I don't use native windows browser because it feels too classic and not fast enough. So I preferred Google Chrome as always. (^_^)

8. superman2727

superman2727 New Member

If you are looking for the best overall browser for browsing in your PC or Laptop, I will recommend you to choose Google Chrome. For me, Google Chrome became famous since it is made by Google. I'm a Chrome user since then because I witnessed how things worked together in order to serve the best performance for the users. The speed of the browser is also good, the loading time is not just long. I'm impressed how Google improves and develop their browser to serve for users like us. +1 also for the security that Google gives us when using Google Chrome. Online threats are lessen because of the security Chrome gives us. Thanks!

9. Bellapette

Bellapette New Member

I prefer using firefox and chrome to browse.

10. MittensFX

MittensFX New Member

I used a lot of browsers.The first and worst browser I used was Internet Explorer.It was horrible.The browser was so slow back then and it's still running the same days now days.Then I switched to Mozilla.It was a much faster browser,later on I downloaded add blocking plugins to get rid of those annoying adds.I tried out Google Chrome as well but for some reason it doesn't work as great as Mozilla on my PC.So i still use Mozilla and by the time I'm writing this,I found this forum through Mozilla.

11. Nerdy

Nerdy New Member

The best browser for me would have to be Google Chrome. My reasons for saying this is because it's compatible with a lot of websites. And I do agree as well that this browser is very user friendly, everything about it is straightforward, you don't have to be a computer genius to figure out simple things like creating a bookmark and deleting your history.

My favourite feature would have to be the sync feature which allows you the ability to sync your bookmarks and history across all your devises.

12. myblogger

myblogger New Member

I prefer google for browsing because it easy to use and familiar to everybody. Google chrome is widely use by many in the world. There is an upgraded version of google chrome that you can use for searching and I think newest version of this will release in the near future. Google chrome is a user friendly browser and you can access your email easier and faster. I've been using this browser for almost 5years now and I am very happy for it. Many companies says that their browser is faster than any other browser but when you use it, it show you tremendous experienced. So I prefer google chrome because for me this the best and tested for many of us and known in the world already. We need browser for searching things in the internet so we need faster browser and that is google chrome. I use google chrome to search things in the internet and I choose faster browser which is google because this is tested and approved by many. I use it to check my email and messages from my boss or friends. It is important for me to choose faster browser because I do job online as freelancer so I need faster browser which is google chrome. Google chrome is the best browser for me and I will never change it as my favorite browser. And this is the browser that I can recommend to everyone who is using internet and you will be happy while using it.

13. MrThoughter

MrThoughter New Member

For PC's running Windows 10, I tried using Google Chrome, Opera Browser, and Microsoft Edge. At first, I installed Google Chrome since it's the most popular browser. Google Chrome is great due to its deep integration of Google services which is certainly a plus for Android users. Everything is smooth as long as I'm not using other apps and the flags (about:flags) should be in it's default state. Consequently, it eats a lot of RAM which slowed down my computer with only 2GB of RAM. I can hardly browse my playlist on Spotify while browsing my Facebook Feed.

After reading tons of articles regarding browser reviews, I immediately tried Opera Browser since it has the same engine with Google Chrome. Opera Browser remained smooth even if I will open another app such as Spotify, Stock Mail app, and Stock Calendar App. In the future, Opera Browser will be my first choice. But for now, I'm resorting to Microsoft Edge since I got lazy installing apps and programs after doing a factory reset of my PC. Microsoft Edge is good anyway and at least it's getting better whenever Microsoft pushes another major upgrade.

Here's my rating for these three browsers according to my preferences and to the capability of my machine: Opera Browser > Microsoft Edge > Google Chrome.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  14. Anyona Nicholas

Anyona Nicholas New Member

Opera is the best.Opera allows you to save data and you can also save pages for offline viewing.Another advantage is that it allows you to access whatsapp web although it has to involve your phone.

15. yuleidys caraballo

yuleidys caraballo New Member

There are many browsers currently on the internet, but arguably that most use is Google Chrome 7 is a browser that currently has many facilities for browsing the internet, comfortably of truth which is very simple and easy, some of the details that I like, is that it adapts to the needs of the Internet user, with all extensions in existence it is very easy to search online, these are some of the reasons, that attracts me this type of browser, it is best that every day It is adapting to the needs of the users.

16. shaun08

shaun08 New Member

Hi. The browser I am currently using is Mozilla Firefox and it works perfectly fine for me. I have tried the others such as Google chrome and Internet Explorer but they seem to be slow and are quite frustrating and are not user friendly.

But in saying that some websites work better with other browsers e.g. Internet Explorer and Google Chrome but most of the time Mozilla Firefox does the job and it has better functions and tools available.

It all depends on the user, some people have different requirements and smartphones work better with different browsers than computers or laptops.

17. Amanda M

Amanda M New Member

There's no simple answer to this question. I have noticed that some websites work better with one browser than another.

I don't like having multiple programs on my computer that do the same thing, but I have Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome because of the fact that compatibility varies widely. If one doesn't work on a site, I simply try another.

Some people may say having multiple browsers is redundant, and I'd generally agree, but it can be handy sometimes. Also, when reporting bugs to a site, you can inform them whether it occurs on one or multiple browsers and which ones.

18. Pirateboy229

Pirateboy229 New Member

Chrome is by far the best browser in existence. It is so much faster then every other browser right now. Even with slow Internet connections I can get speedy responses for questions I ask Google and website searches.

19. Sam Spencer

Sam Spencer New Member

I mainly use Firefox as it allows me to save my bookmarks across multiple devices e.g. work computer, home desktop, laptop, mobile. It is fast and has the extra tools I use (such as Firebug for web development).

20. dlong93

dlong93 New Member

This has been the age old question, I used to be hard core Google Chrome but as of the last few months I have gone back to Firefox to see if I would appreciate the browser again over Chrome. So far I have enjoyed being moderately disconnected from the Google ecosystem by using an alternative browser. However, it has come across my mind recently about switching back as "Chromium" seems to be becoming the standard.