IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Which colour do you use the most?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Hugop, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Hugop

Hugop New Member

I use cyan-white, blue and green the most while black and red are my favourite colours. I have not noticed that I don’t use my favourite colours the most all the time!

Which colour do you use the most? Are any of those colours your favourite colour?

2. lludawg

lludawg New Member

It really depends on what I am working on. Personally, I like to draw, paint, and design abstract images. I use bright colours like yellow, blue, pink, and orange. However, if I am designing a simple logo or banner, I prefer more dark and solid colours with maybe hints of bright colours. Recently I have been working on YouTube thumbnails for videos and I have noticed that brighter thumbnails attract more views. Just a little tip for all you YouTubers!

3. Helen

Helen New Member

It's interesting to hear about the colours you guys like.
    Personally, I really like using pastel colours (e.g., pinks, greens, blues, yellows) when painting. To me, they symbolise happiness and I usually want my artwork to be associated with this positive emotion. My favourite colour is purple though. I usually don't end up using it much in my artworks although I'm not too sure why!

4. bella556

bella556 Member

5. abunae

abunae New Member

The colours I use depend on how I'm feeling. I mostly use different shades of blue - it's my favourite colour! I enjoy using pastel shades for my work, but I enjoy using darker shades sometimes too. I just dislike using extremely vibrate and neon colours, it hurts my eyes haha. Overall, I mostly use pastel blues and whites among pastel shades, I love soft shades.

6. Zaybrie

Zaybrie New Member

It really depends on my moods, but I think I like using red the most. Red is a beautiful, rich, bold color. It represents so many emotions like passion, hatred, love, war. It also really stands out in many paintings, clothes, and just really says something I think.

7. Mihail

Mihail New Member

It really depends on what you are painting.But the idea that we get for a painting is based on our mood so it depends on the mood too.The most used colors are the primary ones. Using them is really important because they give the painting the magical view.My favorite color is blue and I love using blue on paintings.I prefer the lighter blue rather than the darker,it makes paintings more brighter that makes me love them even more

8. JD25

JD25 New Member

i like to wear black or white. but my favourite is navy blue