IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Which Do You Prefer, iOS or Android?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by Rohit Kumar Jena, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Rohit Kumar Jena

Rohit Kumar Jena New Member

In 2016 the choice of which cell phone platform to purchase comes down to basically two reigning contenders: iOS and Android. Personally, I’m an iOS man: I love Apple products, while most of my friends and associates stick with Android. For many, the choice comes down to the availability of certain apps. So the question is: Which platform do you prefer: iOS or Android?

2. naruto100

naruto100 New Member

Honestly saying right now I am having Android smart phone. But my first choice is IOS. iPhone was my first smart phone but I own Android phone right now. I have experienced both operating system since long and for me IOS is better in compare to android phone. I know many people think that IOS is more complicated than android operating system. Even I say so but if user know how to handle the IOS then it is much more stable than android.

3. cocolgooh

cocolgooh New Member

I love iOS personally. I've got an Android smartphone (and a Windows smartphone as well for that matter) but I find that my iOS tablet has many better apps available on it. Especially compared with the Windows phone. While availability of apps does come into it I find that there is more to it than that alone. With iOS, the system as a whole is so much smoother and looks more professional in my opinion. The interface of Android phones doesn't seem to have advanced as much as that of iOS devices. iOS devices also seem to update their software a lot more often than Android.

I'd agree with @naruto100 in that my Android isn't particularly stable. It crashes all the time and seems to struggle even with basic tasks at times. My iPad never has this problem. In fact, in the 2+ years I've owned it I think it's only crashed once and that was more due to an in-app error than the device itself. My Android phone probably crashes twice a day.

iOS devices seem to automatically come with better memory and storage than Androids as well, but then that being said iOS devices are also a lot more expensive to go with it. I'd say the expense is worth it though because the user experience is definitely better.

naruto100 likes this.
  4. naruto100

naruto100 New Member

Look like you are also fan of IOS operating system like me. Nice to hear your experience about it. It even I think that IOS is much more stable in all the way.

You are right about price of IOS devices. Yes they are costly in compare of Android devices. But if we think about reselling phone then IOS device will always win in this section. I am saying this from my personal experience. IOS device get sold in much better price in compare to Android device.

5. JustLeahHere

JustLeahHere New Member

I have used both IOS and Android and I much prefer Android. With Android you have more options to customize whereas, IOS users are more limited. I hate the fact that there's no SD card slot with IOS, that it has to be all online.

What would make a great phone (and I'll always stick by this) is if Android (Samsung would probably be best) and Apple came together to make a brilliant device. There are features that could come together from both platforms to make one Super-phone.

Instead of competing, they should bring all those brilliant minds together. They'd probably make lots more money, too.

6. KaylaPowell

KaylaPowell New Member

I prefer android devices simply because they cost less, and work just as good in my opinion. I have owned an Iphone 4, and several android devices, and they have all worked about the same. I had an Iphone 4 with an old plan through AT&T, and the price for owning one was around $450. All of my $30-100 android devices have worked just as good, without locking me into a carrier plan to use them.

7. mouneir

mouneir New Member

I'm an Android guy! Money is pretty tight for me, and Apple is always way out of my price range. I also work in IT, so the number of options for customization and functionality are incredible! Once you obtain root access, you can install pretty much anything designed to run on Linux natively, and you can actually get a lot of windows applications running without too much hassle. Crashes are bound to happen with all of that modification, but I'm perfectly fine dealing with them in exchange for all of the added functionality.

The bottom line for someone looking for a new phone, in my opinion? Go for an IPhone if you just need to text, make calls, and keep yourself entertained. If you're interested in business functionality, raw computing power, and price? Android is your friend! Go give the happy robot a hug.

8. Persona

Persona New Member

I've never used IOS in my life. Apple have a knack for overpricing their products so that they are out of reach for many. As such, I've not had the opportunity to try it. Alas, it probably wouldn't have made a difference if I had, as from the moment I tried a HTC ChaCha I was an Android fan. Mainly the applications is what got me hooked, and ease of use. Now, it does have it's faults - particularly the whole thing with moving to SD card. A lot of applications aren't movable at all. Then the ones that are - it's pretty pointless as some of the data still stays on your phone's internal memory. I'm forever running out of space on my phone and I can't update the OS because of this.

9. Needwk50

Needwk50 New Member

Mounier, I totally agree with you that android is superior for major functioning, but I have always secretly yearned for an Ipad, and I know there has to be others out there like me, who just want to hold it in their hands and try it. The only thing that holds most of us back is the price tag, Apple products are way too expensive.

As far as phones go an Iphone is nice to have but as you said when you need to do intricate functions android will not let you down. I have also tried windows tablets and phones and I think I would rather stick with windows on just my laptop, there it runs great, rather than messing around with window functions when I am trying to text or talk.

10. Satelliting

Satelliting New Member

Apple phones will always be known, to me, for their user interface and ease-of-access supremacy. Personally, I can't get over Android phones and their need to have two menus of applications. I understand, the main one is for you to customize, but it is just pointless to me.

However, besides that, Android phones are better in every way. They can have SD card input for massive amounts of storage, which is needed with applications only getting bigger. The cameras are supreme when compared to Apple's phones. They even have more applications in their store.

11. naveengondi

naveengondi New Member

Android has lot of advantages over IOS.Android mobile has different price ranges from loww end to high but ios lacks this so it is not possible to afford iphone.Android has lot of free apps and paid to enhance our mobile functionality maintenence is also very low

12. Tripidate

Tripidate New Member

I've experienced both iOS and Android, albeit that the latter was only for a short while. While using them, I definitely noticed that they seemed to be designed for two different types of people. Apple caters to the Average Joe and the occasional adept user. Even without taking into account the user demographics, the visual experience of using iOS is fantastic. The upcoming release of iOS 10 seems like a big leap forward too.

On the other hand, Android's appeal is more for techies and those who enjoy wider and deeper control of their phone. The technical capabilities are outstanding, though they may be too complicated for someone who uses their phone for simple calls, texting, and apps.

Overall, I see it this way: If you don't care too much about the soft/hardware, go with iOS. If you have a knack for poking around with operating systems and customizing things, go with Android.

13. xzreplays

xzreplays New Member

Over the last few years, I have had both Android and iOS and I always felt like Android was the right choice for me. First of all, iPhone's are too simple for me;they don't have as much customization as Android phones have.
    iPhone doesn't come with external storage so whenever you are running out of space you will have to delete something however for Android phones you are able to use a micro SD card which will give you more storage rather than deleting some of your stored files.

The built quality for iPhone 6 seems like it's not as durable as Android phones and I have seen some people bend their phones into half, which I think is ridiculous since you pay a huge amount for these phones. Android has a better app store, it has more variety and most of the apps are free compared to iPhone. I also think the Android camera is much more crisper and colour saturated.

I would always go for Android since it's what suits my needs the most.

14. karusa

karusa New Member

I've owned two Iphones and I repeated everyday that I would never switch to Android.
    Then I fell in love with the Huawei P8 and just went for the change. I am very satisfied with my choice and now I think Iphones are just too fancy, expensive and the upgrades aren't that great.

15. FreeThinker

FreeThinker New Member

For me I will always at the side of the open source on which in this case "Android", as I can find many more applications as I need anywhere I want and their is another reason which is the very limited sharing options that the "IOS" system offers, as I can't understand why I use a system that just allows me to share my data only via iCloud while I can use unlimited ways when I use android, so for me I think "Android" system is so much better"

16. ahtishamzx

ahtishamzx New Member

In this tech era there is a tech war between iOS,andriod and windows and In this tech war I'm with android not because of I'm using it because of easy to use,easy to download anything from Google.Most Important thing that i can share easily anything like songs,video,apps in other devices

17. harijobs

harijobs New Member

I am an android user as apple products are too costly for me and also I think apple products are not user-friendly as I have been an android user from the start.

Maybe in future, I would give a try when I have enough money and even at that time it entirely depends on my need.

18. praveen

praveen New Member

Android is open to all that is developers will develop their own apps and place them in google play store. Since apple's iPhone is not open and it has limited apps . iPhone has a capability in doing lot of useful and vast apps to their store but the intention was security. Security wise it will rank top than the android , Most of the users wants to be simple, well secured. That's why some people prefer iPhone. Coming to android it has vast of apps and anyone can implement their own apps. That's why some people prefer this. But everyone is correct in their point of view.

19. Canaria

Canaria New Member

There's wide range on selection of application with Android, and I can be "adventurous" in exploring various software ever made. I have the knack of giving rating and comment as well, which make me more indulge in using Android, which is literally bridging all developers' masterpiece around the world.

20. Collins Umeh

Collins Umeh New Member

To be honest,I have never used an iOS device so I can't make any judgements where it's concerned but one constant fact about iOS devices in my country is the price,It's very expensive but with Android,You can get it very cheap and it's capable of doing anything u want to do with it,it's awesome for gaming and browsing because it comes with awesome apps.