IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Which film genres would you prefer, comedy or romance?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by kaydee, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Gerald8

Gerald8 New Member

I prefer comedy to romance because comedy has a universal appeals as compared to romance.
    In short, comedy will always make you laugh whereas romance flicks may disinterest you if you are not in the mood.
    I personally believe that laughter is the best medicine.

2. Luckymadon

Luckymadon New Member

Definitely comedy. I believe that laughter is the best medicine and I admire everyone who can make me laugh. Comedies put me in a good mood and help me to see the humor in my everyday follies. It is also a good thing to be able to laugh at yourself and watching comedy, be it a movie, TV show or live stand up, teaches me to do just that.

3. AlisaTR

AlisaTR New Member

I prefer comedy. I usually go to the movies to relax and unwind and when I do, I tend to gravitate towards those films that offer a few laughs.

I have found that romance movies target a very specific and focused demographic to which I do not belong. The movies are fine and they can be beautiful, for example I loved Titanic, however it is very difficult to identify another movie in this genre that would hold the same appeal for me.

On the other hand, you can find comedy in almost everything and when I go to see a comedy movie, I usually feel lighter at the end of it.

Laughter helps to breaks down barriers. It helps you to unwind, and when the actors and actresses make a fool of themselves on screen, they do it to show us that we do not always have to be wound so tight and that life doesn't have to always be in earnest. It is for these reasons that, at the end of a hectic week, when I am about to select the movie that I am going to relax in, I tend to choose the movie that would make me laugh. I go for comedy.

Luckymadon likes this.
  4. Luckymadon

Luckymadon New Member

I agree with you. If you've seen one romantic movie, you've seen them all, but comedies are full of laughs, twists and unexpected surprises. :)

5. missjey

missjey New Member

I love watching movies, and the best ones for me are romantic comedy, or action comedy movies. In short, comedy movies! I like movies that will make me feel happy after watching it, unless when I feel sentimental, then I can watch sad movies.

They say it is difficult to pull out a comedic line, so I think making people laugh is a gift.

6. DenisMNE

DenisMNE New Member

I am not fan of either, but I would go with a romance.
    I used to love comedies before, but since I got little older, I pretty much can make my own jokes and laugh on them, haha !
    Jokes aside, romance is something that I would choose since I have a girlfriend and we would rather go with romance instead of comedy.
    Also, I find comedies to be very poorly done these years, more poorly done than romance movies, who are also based on a lot of cliches.

7. Uyj

Uyj New Member

I prefer comedy than romance, "Because laughter is the best medicine" I prefer to laugh than to cry. I've watched some Korean dramas and it's kinda annoying for me, so I prefer comedy than romance.

Yes, comedy for me is a laughter, happiness and stress. Yes, a stress, a stress but in good way. :)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  8. njigs

njigs New Member

I would prefer comedy to romance. Comedy brings humour, excitement and joy to a person. It can also cheer you up when you are down. Watching comedy movies is one of the best ways of spending free time as it always keeps you alert waiting for the next joke.

Moreover, I never get tired of watching comedy movies due to the never ending wit in them. Have you ever watched a comedy movie over and over again and it never seemed to get boring? I would choose comedy over romance over and over again.

Kieranlewix and Lillymunyua like this.
  9. j_bar_

j_bar_ New Member

I always like to have a good mixture of comedy and romance in a movie/ TV series. It always keeps things interesting when both of them are present in the film.

10. Ingabo

Ingabo New Member

Definitely both, I mean there are those days when you just want to curl up on your favorite sofa and get emotional, cry a little, compare the happenings in the movie to your own personal experiences, which is not okay but hey.

Comedies though are more fun when you have friends over. I mean friends who get the particular comedy, you don't want someone asking "what did she or he say" when the joke's long gone.

Kieranlewix likes this.
  11. shirumuiyuts

shirumuiyuts New Member

Comedy of course.I love the way when i'm not having such a great day that I can just watch one episode of a comedy series or a movie and have my spirits lifted instantly with lots of laughter that immediately change my mood for the day.As they say ,Laughter is the best medicine.

12. Cindy Christmas

Cindy Christmas New Member

It is true, a lot of guys prefer action movies. I like romance, although at times it gets annoying because in some movies it seem to unrealistic, but still I love them.