IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Which is the saddest movie you've ever watched?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Proletariat, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Proletariat

Proletariat New Member

I recently watched a film called "Life is Beautiful". Don't let the title fool you: it's one of the saddest films I have ever watched. It's about a man and his son being held up in a Nazi concentration camp. It's actually a comedy but its quite sad. Which is the saddest film you've ever watched?

2. Jean50

Jean50 New Member

The saddest movie I ever saw would be south paw. The story line it's just heart touching. The main character lost his wife and everything he owns while haveing to take care of his daughter, and the only way to get it back is by winning a fight.

3. camvee

camvee New Member

The saddest movie I watched was the "Schindler's List". It was a true story based on the history way back WWI where the Jews in Ghetto were massacred and some were taken to forced labor camps. Oskar Schindler, a German businessman, after witnessing the brutality of the killings, decided to make use of all of his resources to help save some Jews. It was quite moving and heartfelt when, at the end of the movie, Oskar Schindler and his wife, cried hard and was telling the Jews this heart breaking line "I could've saved more", while they are being taken away to prison. The movie was made with pure excellence and I loved it.

4. NICHOLASMUKUHA

NICHOLASMUKUHA New Member

Tears of despondency cascade down my visage, anytime I recall "THE PASSION OF CHRIST". I really can't explain whether it's because I saw it as a child or it's the unfolding of the reality of the price that our Lord paid for us that saddens me, but the truth is that this movie gets me bursting into tears.

Words can barely explain how much bitterness I had against Judas as I saw him betray the Son of man with a kiss. If only I had caught him with my bare hands that day, I would have torn him apart.

My bitterness, was further harnessed when I saw the powerful man, pilate, helplessly give away the convict Barrabas to freedom, and giving a go ahead for Jesus Christ to be crucified. I began balancing tears when I saw Jesus being whipped and the situation was further worsened when I saw them crown him with thorns.

As if that was not enough torture already, I saw Jesus fall thrice on the way to golgotha with the heavy cross. However that was nothing compared, to the pain I felt when I watched them drive nails through his hands and feet. If I must mention, I can remember very well, I closed my eyes, when I watched that Roman soldier drive a spear through his body. I had seen too much already.

Although saddened by the movie, I am glad it has helped in taking the crucifixion more seriously. Thank you.

5. mugedge8

mugedge8 New Member

It has to be between the scene in Lion King with Simba losing his father or Sucker Punch where the main star chose to lose her consciousness. Sad Stuff. I believe any movie where the 'hero' loses something they have a long standing attachment to is a sad movie. I know there are countless examples of this but it just saddens me to see anyone, even animated characters lose something they hold dear. Attachment is both a blessing and a curse for living organisms T_T

6. magh83

magh83 New Member

hacksaw ridge

7. skyhali

skyhali New Member

The saddest movie I saw was Hachiko. I was literally crying out loud in this movie. A true story of a dog who's remembered for his remarkable loyalty to his owner, whom he waited for more than nine years after his owner's death. He never leaves the train station hoping to see his owner until he died there. I love dogs and Hachiko's loyalty made me loved my dogs more. I realized that they are capable also to love and they will remain loyal to you until the end.

8. Shalee Moschetti

Shalee Moschetti New Member

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  9. Wolvez12345

Wolvez12345 New Member

Pearl Harbor or Titanic. Those are my top 2.

10. Wlof

Wlof New Member

I watch many sad movies, but cant remember them, right now, but I know that tears was just running down when I finished Hachi: A Dog's Tale.

11. Godwin

Godwin New Member

My saddest movie is 'Living inBondage" a Nollywood movie starring Pat Attah,Nkiru Sylvanus,Jnr pope and James John.The movie centres around evil of the human heart whereby a young man (Pat Attah) suffered for what he had no knowlege of.

He was set up by his immediate elder brother because of envy.The elder brother played by John James couldn't make money because of his laziness became jealous of his younger brother and started being a thorn in his brother's flesh.

It was a painful movie for me because after all the suffering the innocent younger brother was still executed because of the lies told aganist him by the elder brother.

12. Archiie

Archiie New Member

Movies with sad parts abound but overall sad movies I try to avoid. One that made me cry rivers is 8 Below.
    Dogs should never be abandoned.