IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Which sports do you love to watch?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by cmwebii, Jul 14, 2015.

1. cmwebii

cmwebii New Member

The sport I love watching is football. I love the aesthetics, athleticism and movement of players. Football has been the soul of the universe for the last 60 years. This is ever the beginning of the world cup. Football brings people together across the geographical, political, tribal and religious divide.

Reasons why I watch football:

The social aspect of football-Football provides a social bond between friends, families and enemies.

We can learn life lessons from football-In football we learn that race does not matter, but unity is what wins the game. Football teaches us strategic, patience, teamwork, leadership and diligence. We also learn to be devoted to our teams and players at good and bad times. We learn the importance of loyalty, sacrifice and integrity in life.

2. Tanawan

Tanawan New Member

I am from Brazil, so I love to watch soccer. It is the nation's passion. Nowadays, of course we are very bad.
    If soccer was like basketball or volleyball, the goal would not be worth almost nothing. It would be a banal event, and would only create some tension in the final seconds of each half (or set point), when he could make a difference. Soccer works for the fan because the tension is constant and potentially explosive: the goal is always possible, it can occur in a matter of seconds, but normally it does not occur.

The difficulty of the goal ensures the element of surprise. The best team does not always win. Times can lower spectacular games. As the goal always depends on a little luck, a smaller team can score against a bigger one. There are no foolproof strategies. It's because the goal is difficult to score and increases the confidence of a team, and concede it could destabilize the other, or wake it.

3. thefernbrah

thefernbrah New Member

I only watch Mixed Martial Arts and on few occasions wrestling(not WWE). MMA is the closest you can get to pure competition without killing the other competitor. It appeals to something primal to me. I tend to get anxious while watching the big fights knowing anything can happen. Anyone can win on a given night.

4. peppapig

peppapig New Member

I love watching boxing. It's very entertaining and for me, it's like the battle of the fittest. And boxing is a mind's game, which means you cannot survive by merely having enough stamina and energy to punch and run around inside the ring, but it requires too much planning and strategy as well. You have to study your opponent and observe his moves so you will know how to dance to his music.

Boxing is just so interesting!

5. DnkH

DnkH New Member

I love to watch soccer. It is very enjoyable to watch. It is the most popular game in the world. All eleven playes need to understand their duty and produce their best to forge a great soccer team. German soccer team is the best performing soccer team these days. When it comes to club football, Real Madrid is my favourite.

Hitman Quote likes this.
  6. Daniel Nabil

Daniel Nabil New Member

I like to watch many sports,but I slightly prefer the sports which involves using a ball like:football,basketball and handball.I love how football players for example, play together and each one help his friend to achieve a goal,how basketball players,team together to win the match.I like the fact that in these sports,everyone help each other,and when they win,everyone is happy,not only one person.I also love to attend wwe shows,just because the ambience is very good and it's very entertaining.

7. hamdi44

hamdi44 New Member

I m from Tunisia and t love to watch football but exactly i like to watch football in spain they are so good i like Real Madrid is the best club in the world for me , football is the best sport because it's a game there you need to play with your friend and help them to win the game so it's a good sport and this sport make feel good and relax to watch it all the time when there is a good game that's why Football it's my favorite sport.

8. Invincible

Invincible New Member

I love sports which have a very fast and rapid gameplay.
    Two favourite sports I love to watch are basketball and lawn tennis. I like watching basketball because of the highlight reels, like dunks, dribble moves, consecutive three-pointers, etc.,game tied with only a few seconds left, down to the wire, also makes it exciting. Lawn tennis, all through out a whole match, is worth watching and very exciting. The back and forth rally really makes me nervous. The whole match you don't really get to relax, since there no time-outs, only really short breaks for the players.

9. Hysssssteria

Hysssssteria New Member

I love lots of different sports, with my favorite spectator sport being PBR – Professional Bull Riding. I also enjoy watching PRCA (Pro Rodeo Cowboys Association), NFL, NASCAR, and Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse racing (though I despise those equine industries).

Because I witnessed an unusual event as a young parent, I have a special love for Major League Baseball – with one player destined to occupy a very special place in my heart for eternity. Nolan Ryan -- the greatest pitcher of all time – retired from the Texas Rangers in 1993. His impressive laundry list of Major League achievements is extensive and distinguished, and even today Ryan still holds two all-time records – one for seven career no-hitters, the other for 5,714 career strikeouts.

But there is something even more personal and unique to me about the MLB pitching phenomenon – and that's Nolan Ryan the man, the humanitarian. To him I will ever be just one more adoring fan, but he will always be nine feet tall and bullet-proof as far as I am concerned.

When my now adult children were elementary schoolers, we lived about 20 minutes from the newly-built Texas Rangers Stadium in Port Charlotte, Florida. My husband had been given a handful of tickets for free child admissions, so we decided to take my son's entire Scout troop to see their very first ever Major League Baseball game.

Well, the kids behaved as well as one could expect from a half-dozen energetic, perpetually moving six- and seven-year-olds – as long as we kept them fed, watered and pottyed. When the seventh inning stretch commenced, however, all bets were off! Suddenly it seemed as if the entire grandstand was chock-full of nothing but young kids streaming out of the bleachers, then sprinting headlong toward the playing field like great herds of buffalo thundering across dry expanses of wide open prairie.

One glance toward the pitcher's mound told the whole story. While all players from both teams strolled or trotted toward the locker rooms, a sole Texas Ranger slowly approached the fence with a grin as big as the Lone Star State sprawled all over his face. No matter where you were seated in the stands, you thought that you saw the sweet sparkle in his eyes as he waved to all the still stampeding kids and motioned them to him. Some headed for the break in the fence, but by and large that passel of youngsters scampered over the field fence and bolted toward the smiling, beckoning Major League pitcher.

As the first wave of children reached him and began climbing the long, tall Texan, he gathered as many of them as his arms could span and hugged them to him. Kids were pushing and shoving to press ever closer to their hero, who smiled even wider. Surprised at the great athlete's obvious affinity for his youngest fans, we parents quietly pressed to the fence – but no closer. We knew better than to go one step further as we dared not tread on sacred ground. This time, this place belonged solely to these kids. We sensed that we were intruders, and as such we could consider ourselves excluded from the magic.

We were, however, close enough to hear the celebrated Nolan Ryan speak kindly to his smallest fans. We not only heard his words, but sensed his love and admiration for these children as he addressed them with his soft, incredibly disarming Southern drawl. The big man dropped to the ground, followed immediately by the mob of little people still swarming him. Those kids formed a tight semicircle before their hero, where he held court for what surely must have been an eternity.

Not an adult in the crowd dared utter a peep as the kind Major Leaguer patiently signed programs, hats, gloves, bats, T-shirts, and any other treasures offered up by the wee ones for Nolan Ryan to touch and embellish with his famous signature. When it was time to part, the pitching great hugged as many as he could hold, tousled heads and playfully pulled caps down over wide-open, adoring eyes. As he approached his teammates, the gentle pitcher did so accompanied by youthful cheers, hoots, hollers, whistles, and furious waves. He turned repeatedly to wave and smile before reaching the diamond.

That kind man had taken the time and effort to spend every minute of his break with adoring kids, many of whom were so young that they probably don't even remember the event all those years ago. The adults who witnessed a small miracle will surely never forget.

10. paidtoclickfan

paidtoclickfan New Member

I love to watch gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, college basketball, nba basketball, volleyball, beach volleyball, and swimming and diving. I love to watch the summer olympics on television. I love the bulls, timberwolves, celtics, magic, nuggets, wizards, rockets, and pelicans in nba basketball. I also love to watch figure skating on television and during the winter olympics.

11. elmer dapula

elmer dapula New Member

I like to watch boxing and basketball.
    especially our very own manny pacquiao
    The Pride and Burden of the Philippines

12. nik0878

nik0878 New Member

I enjoy watching NCAA college football. I've been watching since I was a kid. My all time favorite team is the Mississippi State Bulldogs. They are doing pretty well this year. I think they've only lost one game so far. I remember a time when they hardly ever won LOL.

13. dayamenti

dayamenti New Member

Sport! ah, I'll go for Lawn Tennis. I love it.

14. dayamenti

dayamenti New Member

15. psyduck

psyduck New Member

I love to watch Cricket. I'm from India and Cricket is the most famous sport here. Not just that, I used to play a lot of Cricket when I was young with my friends and because of that, whenever I'm watching the game, I could relate a lot to it. I grew up watching it right from my childhood and even now, I absolutely adore watching it. My favorite player in Cricket is M.S.Dhoni.

Another sport I love to watch is Football. It is not quite famous here but still I enjoy watching it. My favorite club has to be Real Madrid FC. My favorite player is Ronaldo. I don't follow the sport extensively but whenever I get time, I try to watch it.

16. dayamenti

dayamenti New Member

As I said I love Lawn Tennis.
    My sport star is P Sampras.

17. JcPascua

JcPascua New Member

I love watching basketball. Basketball has been my game ever since. I love to watch basketball because it's one of the popular sports here in the world. Having a favourite team makes it more fun to watch. Sometimes I bet with my friends if which team will win the game. Here in our place everyone watch basketball local or international games. Another that I like basketball is that it inspires a lot of people to strive harder and reach for their goals. Watching basketball is fun and it is full of excitement.

18. koko

koko New Member

I prefer watching football because it is interesting and you canot know the winner till the end .

19. kiprop

kiprop New Member

I love watching soccer but my favorite sport is table tennis

20. Daniela Lima

Daniela Lima New Member

I absolutely love soccer. I watch it as much as I can. I even go to the stadium to watch matches of my home team, International Sport Club. I think it's so exciting and watching matches.

I've recently started watching UFC as well. I had a chance to watch a live match and I fell in love with the sport. It's amazing to see the techniques used by each fighter. I love it!