IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Who is your favorite artist?

Discussion in 'Music' started by luispas, Jun 22, 2017.

1. luispas

luispas New Member

We all have different music taste, so I wanted to know what do you think about this topic. My favorite artist is (without a doubt) Lady Gaga, she's inspires me like anyone else does, her voice it's excellent and she also knows how to dance. Besides, she lived a very tough life and she's an example of courage, nothing pulls her down. She made a few emotive songs, like: Speechless, Dope, Million Reasons, etc.
    What do you think about her and her music?

lady-gaga-million-reasons-video.jpg.846ada673b0069cf548f92d28ada1381.jpg

2. AnthonyB

AnthonyB New Member

It all depends on the genre for me. I enjoy listening to neo-soul music. My favorite neo-soul band at the moment is Hiatus Kaiyote. My favorite Trap artist is Big K.R.I.T. My favorite concious rapper is a tie between J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar. My favorite pop act is... get back to me on that one. Rock artist is Rage Against The Machine. I love dance music, but only deep house at the momnt. I used to be a huge EDM douche back when I was in high school, but I've since calmed down with that stuff. But, my favorite deep house act to listen to is Disclosure.

3. Tiile24

Tiile24 New Member

My favorite artist quite conflicts with the best artist I ever knew; they are different. This is painful but what can I do about it?? Quite ironically, I don't have a favorite artist :D; they are many, but Lil Wayne is the best artist I've ever known.
    This probably is because I've not been exposed to many music genres since childhood, apart from pop and raggae, and gospel music ofcourse.
    To me, Lil Wayne is a personification of hippop music; he's what I call a "real" artist. Since 2002, this guy has never written down a rap. Some may argue that sometimes, he raps garbage forgetting that sometimes, he raps good. Just try rapping from nothing but just some beat and you will understand what I'm saying. This guy's good: just give him a mic and he will give you art :D!!

4. Merissa

Merissa New Member

I have more than one favorite artist, They are people that I particularly like based on their talents, for example their voice, songs, dancing etc. Mariah Carey is one of them, she has a beautiful voice and is basically a musical genius, with the way she sings her notes and includes them in the studio and live versions of her songs. Also her lyrics are quite descriptive and tell you a story. Her voice is just passionate and beautiful. I also like Beyonce, I appreciate her singing and her dancing, she knows how to put on a show. Toni braxton, I love her voice, its unique and beautiful and her music is so passionate, it just captures you emotions. Bruno Mars, his voice is also very passionate and he puts his all into a performance, his songs speaks to you in a positive way.

5. NeilTarquin

NeilTarquin New Member

We have this local band that i love listening to the most. The band's name is Wolfgang. They bump up the music scene up a bit when they came in as newbies. Their first song "Halik ni Hudas" which means Kiss of Judas or Judas Kiss was a hit. Their album was the first cassette tape that I've ever bought and my Dad hate me playing it. Their song is just so unique that time that's why i camebto like the band.

6. juxtapositi0n

juxtapositi0n New Member

Favorite artist?! What a tough call!

I've been playing the guitar since I was a young lad, and have so many influences that I'm finding it incredibly difficult to pick a favorite.

Out of all the bands I've listened to over the years, I'd have to say Tool is probably my favorite group of artists. Their latest album is 10 years old at this point, but no less powerful. To this day, their sound and lyrical content move and propel me forward in my own musical endeavors.

7. alexowoade

alexowoade New Member

Dolly parton is my favorite artist especially "Joshua," a bluegrass-inspired track about two solitary figures who find love. More number 1 hits followed in the mid-'70s, including "Jolene," a haunting single in which a woman begs another beautiful woman not to take her man, and "I Will Always Love You"—a tribute to Wagoner as the two parted ways professionally. Other country hits from this era included the ethereal "Love Is Like a Butterfly," the provocative "The Bargain Store," the spiritual "The Seeker" and the rollicking "All I Can Do." For the range of her compelling work, she won the Country Music Association award for female vocalist

Attached Files:

8. WickedCry

WickedCry New Member

Hans Zimmer is incredible. I actually went to college for audio engineering and studied a lot of his work. He is a true "virtuoso." There aren't many out there. People who are so talented, so knowledgeable, spending 30-40 years in their crafts constructing epic compositions that one can only dream of writing... I think he is incredible.

My personal favorite is his Inception score. "Time" in that movie is just feels like an anvil crushing my heart. It is so intense. Another favorite of mine is "Like a dog chasing cars" in The Dark Knight. Absolutely phenomenal writing.

I wish i was him ;_;

9. WickedCry

WickedCry New Member

Hans Zimmer is incredible. I actually went to college for audio engineering and studied a lot of his work. He is a true "virtuoso." There aren't many out there. People who are so talented, so knowledgeable, spending 30-40 years in their crafts constructing epic compositions that one can only dream of writing... I think he is incredible.

My personal favorite is his Inception score. "Time" in that movie is just feels like an anvil crushing my heart. It is so intense. Another favorite of mine is "Like a dog chasing cars" in The Dark Knight. Absolutely phenomenal writing.

I wish i was him ;_;

10. Mitchell

Mitchell New Member

My best singer was Aaliyah and the song that did move me was Age Aint nothing but a number, this song is by no means her best album.

11. toomuchbottle

toomuchbottle New Member

The artist I sought after the most is this local band that we have in the Philippines called Wolfgang. This rock band was the iconic. They overtook the music scene with just one song and dominated the music scene in the Philippines. I like their music because they sounded so uniquely foreign that time but their debut single was in Filipino language. So for me it was something that appealing to my ears. Also back then, rock is booming but mostly it was monopolized by non local musicians. local band on the other hand are not that appealing to me and some are just to lame to listen to. This guys started a new type of music, an awakening to all of sleeping musicians to level up their acts. They are so influential to me that I even formed a band.