IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Who is your favourite singer?

Discussion in 'Music' started by prakash kumar das, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Victor Kimani

Victor Kimani New Member

I am reluctant to point out one singer as my favourite because quite a long list of artistes pop out of my head when that question is asked. So I will mention singers not mentioned above who I consider some of my favourites as well:

1. Brandy
    (hearing Brandy speak, then listening to her sing...the difference is simply astounding for me)
    2. Jordin Sparks (her track Tatoo says it all, for me)
    3. Neyo
    4. Caren White
    ...among many others

And, by the way, Beyonce features nowhere in my list of favourites. I find her voice too shrill and 'cryee' (for lack of a better word) with too many rough edges. If you asked me Beyonce's "success" in music is firmly founded on her perceived beauty (hence pure hype). For me, Beyonce has done only two good songs in her long career in music; Survivor and Brown Eyes.

2. Mortemonee

Mortemonee Member

R Kelly and Joe are my favorite because they calm me down when am in my resting mode. Their kind of music touches the mind.

3. jahanzeb ali qureshi

jahanzeb ali qureshi New Member

My favorite singer is 50 Cent. He is the founder of mix tape music. He got much popular after his rocking song '' In the club''. This song broke the records in america and worldwide. Another song that i like is "Just a little bit". I love many songs of 50 Cent Ft Eminem and they are a nice combination as Eminem is the first white rapper in the world. I like Eminem too for his song "Lose yourself" that is soundtrack of his film "8 Miles". Eminem broke the records by his song "Real Shady". His song "Stan" was amazing.

PriscillaKing likes this.
  4. Amanda2801

Amanda2801 New Member

At the moment my favorite singer is Ed Sheeran I absolutely love his newest album. I love the fact that it has a range of sounds and does not all sound the same. I have friends that do not like him at all but I could honestly listen to him everyday.

5. jordan

jordan New Member

My favorite singer is Selena Gomez. She is a aspiring model, actress, dancer & singer. Her audience concludes all ages. She has played a main character on a popular show on Disney Channel called Wizards of Waverly Place

6. Ruth

Ruth New Member

My favorite singer Is King Kaka. I love they way he doesn't hide things but goes straight to the point.
    He knows hustle of the world and how to run an empire.

7. Reese

Reese New Member

I love Taylor Swift. I love her music. Her genre is pretty cool and her songs are all nice. Taylor Swift is simply the best.

8. Tokoni Uti

Tokoni Uti New Member

I can't say definitively that i have a favorite but...Lana Del Rey and Enya are special to me in that they are the two female artists that have never put out a song i didn't love. Their distinct sound and use of imagery gives me life and they are two of the few artists who's entire discography is perfect in my opinion. I already have one song from each that must be played at my wedding.

9. HappyTex

HappyTex New Member

I love Don Moen songs the most, His songs are always inspiring. In motivating. I listen to his songs whenever I'm depressed. They help me a lot.

10. nanachan7

nanachan7 New Member

My favorite singer is Karen Carpenter. I could listen to her all day! She has this unique and beautiful voice that you could easily distinguish even when you just hear the song on the radio and you didn't know that particular song.

I think that's one of the main factors that makes successful singers successful. A voice that cannot be copied just by anyone. That and she sings every note perfectly. Her recordings are so clean considering the fact that technology during those times is not as advanced as the technology we have now. I loooooove Karen! Sad that she passed away too soon.

11. braveyard

braveyard New Member

My favorite singer is definitely Taylor Swift, that is very incredible and amazing. She doesn't seem to stop amazing her fans with wonderful music. One of her songs that I love best her 'trouble and bad blood'.

12. Taker997

Taker997 New Member

50 and Em are my favorite singers too! I was born during their era, they were on top of the rap game when I was a little boy. I love when they're together, they really have some chemistry. You can hear that in Gatman and robbin or Patiently waiting, both great songs. Lose yourself is just a classic, you heard that song everywhere and it's still heard in games or sport soundtracks even today.

Lioniixx piixx likes this.
  13. Lioniixx piixx

Lioniixx piixx New Member

I really don't have one specific singer, but i'm very intrigued and fascinated by AC/DC, this band has revolutionized Rock in a way that on one has ever done, they introduced it to millions of people around the world through their remarkable sound and musical melody. Anyone who is a bit familiar with the rock genre, can state that AC/DC are the pioneers of Rock and without them Rock wouldn't have been this popular and successful.

14. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon Rasheed Member

I like to listen those singers who may change our mood from bad to good one.I love to listen Eminem when I am depressed because of any tension.I have not only one favorite singer,but I like many singers who have a different voice and style.With unique styles I love to listen songs of Michael Jackson,Justin Bieber and Rihana.These are those singers which can change our mood just in a few minutes.

15. markjp94

markjp94 New Member

One of my favorite singers that I really admire is Bruno Mars because of how he completely sings all his song at its best, he perfectly knows what emotions he will convey so that a lot of people will appreciate and feel the emotions behind every lyric of the song. I would say that any person out there knows at least one song of him and that's what made him so amazing. Bruno Mars produced a lot of beautiful songs such as Just the way you are, Lazy song, Grenade, Versace on the floor, When I was your man, Treasure and a lot more. I would say that a lot of people can relate on all his song and was inspired to love again and again even though it hurts.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  16. Jovan Cook

Jovan Cook New Member

My favorite singer is Mariah Carey.

17. Rock1987

Rock1987 New Member

If you consider a band then it is the Backstreet Boys. Boy bands dominated the music scene in the late 1990's and early 2000's. You couldn't turn on a radio without hearing a sappy love song or an uptempo pop tune song by a group of good-looking dudes. BSB were extremely popular during those days and still are popular now. Most of their songs are brilliant. They have sold 140 Million albums worldwide. They are heartthrobs.

All they had to do was open their mouths or walk onstage and the crowd would go wild. With a combination of good looks, a gleaming smile, and a good head on the shoulders, these guys had everything it took to lead the rest of the group to success.

They have a no. of top songs like I want it that way, Everybody, As long as you love me and Quit playing games with my heart which are internationally popular.

18. markjp94

markjp94 New Member

Actually I have a lot of favorite singers, but If I will pick one I would probably choose Adele over the others because of how she conveys the emotion while she sings every lyric of her songs from the deepest pain is so mesmerizing. There is no doubt that she is an incredible singer with lot of music that we know such as Rolling in the deep, When we were young, Hello, All I ask and so on. Her songs were felt by lot of audience which is so incredible, and she proves that you don't need to used all the time high notes to become famous, all you need is emotions.

19. zebis

zebis New Member

Many people will not know him. But I love Bono's music, real name Paul hewson.
    Bono is the greatest singer I’ve ever heard because he never lets pride or self-consciousness or doubt or fear dictate how he will sing or what he will say or how he will look. Not that he isn’t afraid—I’m sure he experiences more fear than we can imagine. But his courage is to wear his heart completely on his sleeve at all times. No other singer does this as completely as Bono, certainly not to such heights of popularity and fame—which means, of course, that millions are watching and listening to you bare your soul, not dozens or hundreds or thousands!

Thanks to the Internet, I know that Bono brings out polarizing feelings and opinions out of people. (I regret every blog comment I’ve ever read at the bottom of a U2 article…) But to me, he was never some globe-trotting mega-rockstar with billions of fans worldwide. To me, he began as a voice in my ear that no one else was allowed to listen to but me.

PriscillaKing likes this.
  20. SydGhan

SydGhan New Member

My favorite singer has to be Mike Patton. His incredible delivery coupled with his ability to change the shape of his voice to match almost any mood or genre is unparalleled. The fact that he's written every thing from hip hop to movie soundtracks makes him one of the most versatile musicians ever.