IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

who taught you how to drive?

Discussion in 'Education' started by jomata, Jan 27, 2016.

1. mericamarie

mericamarie New Member

I grew up in a small town. My aunt had this little white car. I can remember zooming around town with her with her white shades...lol. She actually taught me how to drive. She started by letting me back out and pull in our yard. Then she let me drive down the road about a half mile to the door plant. I would drive around that parking lot, backing up, going forward and parking for what seemed like hours. I was about 13 when I started learning. I got my permit at 16 and my license at 21. I was lazy when it came to getting my license although I had been operating a vehicle since 15.

2. Tashni

Tashni New Member

My father taught me how to drive in the first 3-5 lessons,however after a while I just went in the car and practised. I drove around the small lot reversing,trying to parallel park and tried turning. After a while I got the hang of it but I am afraid to go on the road.

3. darkshadow0001

darkshadow0001 New Member

I went to school and my father also taught me how to drive. I'm glad I got this both ways, because it gives you perspective from both angles and you get to know the rules of the roads. I think my father mainly took me to an empty parking lot and gave me the basic lessons there, but I learned most of my driving knowledge from driving school. I am glad I learned, because it would be hard to rely on others to take me places all the time.