IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Whom do you prefer between both of your parent?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Ohanga, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Ohanga

Ohanga Member

Whom do you prefer between both of your parent and reason as to why you choose your particular choice.

2. Bill7221

Bill7221 New Member

I prefer my mom. She has always been there during times of need. She has given me the moral and spiritual support and encouraged me to keep dreaming big for I am a unique being. I will forever be indebted to my mom for the love and care she has given me.

3. tongyun

tongyun New Member

My parents divorced when I was 7 and although I lived with my mom for a bit, the majority of my youth was spent with my dad. Looking back, I'm so grateful he raised me instead of my mom. I was my dad's 4th child - he had 3 from a previous marriage. Because of his previous children, I think that by the time I came along, he had more experience and raised me differently that his first three kids.

My mom, on the other hand was pretty bad to deal with. She constantly compared me to the children of her friends but only if they were excelling professionally or educationally. None of my accomplishments were ever good enough. She was also really hard to please. One time, when I was a teen, I got up early on my own and started working in the garden. No one asked me to do it, just thought it was a good idea. My mom sees me out there and instead of praising my initiative, she criticizes what I'm doing. There are other examples of how difficult my mom was but suffice it to say, I eventually got fed up with her and kicked her out of my life.