IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Why did God created the devil?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by sanujib, Dec 24, 2016.

1. sanujib

sanujib New Member

It is true that the almighty God is a good God.Every good thing that we see or exist in the universe has its beginning from God almighty.The universe and all the Good and bad things in it were created by the almighty God and thee alone.

I was made to know by the holy scriptures that man is opened to just two options on earth and this is either to serve God almighty or to serve Satan?

Again, Satan had caused much problem to man and he is actually a nuisance to man's well being.

God almighty had also said in the holy scripture that he has always have a good thought for man.I strongly believe that God almighty can never be a liar but I also think strongly that there was a reason why God almighty created the devil.

What exactly is your take on this?

2. Eliot

Eliot New Member

God did not create the devil. He created angels to serve him but the chief angel thought that he was better than God, so God punished him by sending him down to the earth.
    After God created man, he gave man 2 choices because he loved him. The tree of life and the tree of good and evil.
    If you loved someone, would you force them to love you back? No, of course not.
    The fallen angel took this advantage to disrupt his creation (Human).
    Satan (The fallen Angel) comes in many ways.
    His purpose is to distract us from being with God.
    He is not always a monster, other times he can act like he is caring for you and can be sweet. (He was also once an angel.)

Sweed1 and Ibrahim neko like this.
  3. Ibrahim neko

Ibrahim neko New Member

Hi Sanujib, those are very good questions you have and the above post has mostly answered your queries. However, I would like to clarify a few things.

As a Christian it is important to note that for all of God's creations He gave the power of choice, that includes the angel Lucifer - who turned against Him - as well as me and you. The reason why the angels were created in the beginning is for the purpose of praising God. Realise that God can do all things except praise himself. That's why we were also created. To fill the void that was left when Lucifer and his angels were kicked out of heaven.

4. odette3282000

odette3282000 New Member

I had never read in the bible that God created the devil. In the beginning all creations of God are good. Check this video this would explain more why Satan become Satan, hope this could help ->
    You can also check his other video. I had learned so much from him and by far the most sensible bible preacher on earth compared to all I have heard around the globe.