IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Why do we love sad music?

Discussion in 'Art' started by a1youb, Dec 5, 2017.

1. a1youb

a1youb New Member

Of the human nature to seek instinctively - behind everything that provides him with psychological and physical comfort and stay away from all that brings him pain, suffering and sadness .. And knowing that comes to our minds a question .. Why love sad music? Why do we listen to it?
    According to Aristotle, the fullness of the soul with the sad and undesirable feelings leads to the purification and elimination of those negative feelings.
    We must bear in mind that the term grief that people experience in real life is different from sadness associated with the field of art and music.

2. Gee Wanjiru

Gee Wanjiru New Member

When I think about it, I love sad music for the wrong reasons. I find myself really digging deep into my life to relate to the sad song. What follows are tears, sadness and pity parties. I then wallow in sorrow for the next couple of minutes, hours or days (sadly).

The day I will listen to a sad song and just be cool about it is the day I will know that I am truly matured.