IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Why DO YOU EXERCISE?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by amitkokiladitya, Feb 1, 2017.

1. tallulah

tallulah New Member

I exercise to keep fit and generally maintain a healthy lifestyle. Since there are different types of exercises, it is very important to determine why you are exercising, outline an exercise strategy and have a goal towards this. For instance, there are specific exercises for weight loss. This is different for exercises for say an athlete. The word "exercise"usually brings up an image of someone running, jogging or doing squats. But exercise activities needs to be specific.

A great outline to follow is;
    1. Why I am exercising - to lose weight. Weight on which part of my body?
    2. Daily routine exercises for athletes and active individuals

2. Chiefson

Chiefson New Member

Recently, my exercise habits are on the decline, infact I don't exercise anymore. This is just recently. A few weeks back, I used to do lots of exercises in the mornings; similar to what footballers do at their training grounds. My main reason for exercising, is to burn down fats and calories. Funny enough, although I doubt whether there are any calories in my system at all, I realize my muscles stretch and my joints strengthen anytime I do exercises. I like that feeling a lot.

I suggest people should give exercising a try. They would definitely like it, because that feeling immediately after exercising is very special.

3. AnimeLover

AnimeLover New Member

As for me now, I exercise to reduce my tummy. I am already physically fit and healthy I guess. but my tummy is not proportionate to my body because of alcohol.

4. McB Carino

McB Carino New Member

Well, aside from I'm a fat I exercise because I want to burn calories inside my body. Burning calories makes me feel healthy. Exercise is already part of my daily routine without it, my day is incomplete. I have my wife doing the exercise every morning but sometimes if we are in a hurry we used to do it afternoon after work. It is one form also of our bonding together making our relationship stronger. Exercise kills the bad elements inside your body especially cholesterol so its a good form of making our body healthy.

5. Malibeast

Malibeast New Member

There is incredible satisfaction in accomplishing something difficult, especially when there is some beneficial result waiting for you at the end of the tunnel. Facing challenges, whether they are mental or physical and being able to up your game enough to meet those challenges makes you feel great about yourself.

There also seems to be some biochemical thing going on where activity performed with enough vigor just boosts your mood. This may not apply for everybody, but I've noticed it as a significant factor in keeping me going to the gym. The physical sensation of having the various systems of your body working in congress to move heavy weights efficiently is really great too.

There are moments in the gym that are grueling or unpleasant, but the intensity of those moments dissipates pretty quickly once you get accustomed to a routine. There are a handful of lifts I'm happy to get out of the way, but the majority of the time I spend in the gym is the best part of my day.

6. Kimika

Kimika New Member

I exercise to lose weight. Not only that but I also want to get fit, not just physically but mentally, emotionally and spiritually. There are times that I get too lazy to get up and exercise but I always keep myself motivated so I can keep going. Exercise is a great way to relieve stress and can help prevent illnesses if you do it on a regular basis, plus a proper diet and a healthy lifestyle.

7. Olufemi David Olatunji

Olufemi David Olatunji New Member

It is very good to always exercise because, exercise improves breathing, builds muscle mass, maintains immune functioning, reduces body fat, keeps bones strong and reduces blood pressure.
    Moreover, exercise makes you have better posture, makes you sleep better and also makes you get sick less often.
    Also, it must be noted that exercise increases longevity, builds creative thinking and generally improves the quality of life.

8. Nawsh

Nawsh New Member

Exercising is very important. A sedentary lifestyle is one among the major causes of death nowadays. If we want to be healthy and live a long life then exercising is a must. Exercises can also help in the prevention or treatment of certain health conditions. Exercising on a daily basis can also help those suffering from depression. When it comes to me I exercise to remain fit and healthy. The main exercises that I do are jogging, rope skipping, stair climbing and planks. I try my best to exercise on a daily basis. I do not live far from the beach and I usually go for a swim on weekends. Swimming is an all-body exercise and has numerous health benefits. However, if we want to be in perfect health exercising is not enough. Dieting is equally important. We must try to eat healthy foods and avoid fast and processed foods.

9. Olufemi David Olatunji

Honestly, one of the worst things you can do to your body is to refuse to exercise. Sitting parked on your butt can be just as dangerous as being obese. Moreover, anyone who fails to exercise is more likely to feel moderate psychological distress.
    Also, it can increase their risk for anxiety. It can also increase their risk for several types of cancer.

10. Olufemi David Olatunji

Those who exercise vigorously are nearly twice as likely to experience a good night's sleep every night compared to people who avoid exercise.
    In fact, vigorous exercisers NEVER experience the symptoms associated with insomnia.

11. John Gibson

John Gibson New Member

I exercise in order to stay fit. I think that the older that we as a people get it is important to stay fit so that our bodies can stay at a satisfactory functioning level. I also think that staying fit is a way of life that leads to feeling better about oneself and his or her situation.

12. John Gibson

John Gibson New Member

I agree I think that exercise can do wonders for the human body. I also think that it can make the person feel better about themselves in the sense that they have more energy. Once a person starts to see results from exercising then it makes them want to exercise even more because they are noticing the progress that they are making from exercising.

13. Sevgi

Sevgi New Member

Exercising has a lot of benefits on the human body mentally and physically, in which i will list a few : Strengthening your bones and muscles, reducing your risk of cancer, diabetes and cholesterol, as well as increasing your chances of living longer. As for myself, i have become quite confident and i'm mentally stronger than ever.

14. plenc

plenc Member

When you exercise, your body uses energy to keep going. Aerobic exercise involves continuous and rhythmic physical motion, such as walking and bicycling. It improves your stamina by training your body to become more efficient and use less energy for the same amount of work. As your conditioning level improves, your heart rate and breathing rate return. Exercising with weights and other forms of resistance training develops your muscles, bones and ligaments for increased strength and endurance. Your posture can be improved, and your muscles become more firm and toned. You not only feel better, but you look better, too! to resting levels much sooner from strenuous activity.

15. zolzarr

zolzarr New Member

I totally agree with this statement. I used to avoid doing exercises after work as I was always exhausted. For the past few years, I have started to adopt an exercise regime on a daily basis.

The reason for me to do so is because of the advice given by my doctor friends. They mentioned that exercising would keep me healthy and revitalize me so that I do not feel drained so much. Sure enough, the effects of exercising has changed me to become a more energetic person. My health has improved substantially as well.

16. Darus

Darus New Member

Exercises has a lot of health benefits. I exercised on a regular basis because it helps me to sleep better at night. Exercise is beneficial to sleep in several ways. For example, exercise raises the body temperature rhythm and allows your body temperatures to ‘peak’ at a higher level . This, in turn, increases your energy level during the day, so you’ll feel more motivated and alive. And just as body temperature reach its maximum at a higher level through exercise, the body's temperature will also drop further and more easily. This lets you sleep more deeply without interruption.
    A regular exercise routine prevents your body's temperature rhythm from remaining relatively level throughout the day. With an appropriate body temperature rhythm, you will find that you can get a deep sleep even if you've had a stressful day or can't perform your regular exercise on a certain day. Exercise also delays the drop in the body's temperature in the evening, and this delay lets you remain awake and alert for a longer time without feeling drowsy or tired. And, as everyone knows, exercise is a great stress reliever, and stress is one of the main reasons for the development of sleep disorders.
    If you are having trouble sleeping, and you don't already have a regular exercise program, you should start one if you want to sleep better. Exercise today for a healthy lifestyle. Health is Wealth.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  17. Dominickongo

Dominickongo New Member

18. Kitakita

Kitakita New Member

One of the main reason I exercise is I want to lose weight because I am obese since I was child. I want to enjoy things like others do, they wore any clothes they want because it fits them. I've tried to lose weight before but I regain my old form when I started working at call center, I stopped exercising because I don't have much time.

Way back then I weight around 130 pounds but after I resigned at call center I weight almost 180 pounds. It's really emotional for me, I don't really like the way I look right now, beer belly, double chin. I am sick of this body, I want to have healthier and happy life. I want to meet new friends and stop those funny things they're saying about me.

19. Godwin

Godwin New Member

Exercise has been a routine for me since my teenage days.I have been on the plump side, I wanted to be slim and I had to take the natural route of exercising and eating right.So far it has helped me maintain a healthy weight, given me a nice shape and I'm not obese.

Exercising everyday is a must for me because of the following benefits

a.Helps to pump my blood accordingly
    b.Keeps me strong
    c. Reduces all the pains on my body
    d. Make me look trim and fit

20. Bush

Bush New Member

Exercise is one of the best thing that keeps us as active as possible. It is through it that our brain functions very well. Losing weight is also another thing. Children also exercise a lot to make them grow.