IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Why do you listen to music?

Discussion in 'Music' started by jeon1104, Feb 27, 2018.

1. jeon1104

jeon1104 New Member

Music is the best option for everyone to be happy and busy in the life. In such a busy, crowded and corrupted world where everyone wants to hurt anybody anytime, music plays a great role in making us happy in our difficult time and give lots of relief to our mind. I realized in my real life that music is a great tool of being happy always. Music is more than the meditation and yoga as it benefits a lot to both body and mind. We can listen music anytime all through the day. It is very good habit to listen music. I generally used to of listening music during my study time and especially during my exams. It helps me a lot in getting concentrated on the study and really it gives me good result and I get full marks in my subjects.

I listen spiritual music in every morning as my dad start music in my room at 5 am. He cares me a lot and become happy when I get help by listening music. He tells me always that listening music is a power the God has given to you, never switch it off. It is the powerful tool which would increase your concentration power and always help you to go ahead and get success in your life.

Jamsh, Emma Kwamboka and flex like this.
  2. flex

flex New Member

Music is very crucial in our daily lives. There are three important key roles music plays in my daily live. One music controls my emotions, when tired, annoyed and stressed I tune my favorite music. This totally relieves me and feels normal.

Music also educates me. Every
    music is composed for a
    specific reason. And mostly the
    message conveyed to the listener. I
    don't just listen to music to feel
    happy but am always keen on the
    message,the composer is passing to
    me.

Lastly I like listening to spiritual music. This builds me alot spiritually. Not all the time I have to read my bible. But in most spiritual music the bible scriptures are tackled and well elaborated.

Emma Kwamboka likes this.
  3. Ben Korir

Ben Korir New Member

I have music almost all the time as long as it is convenient. I need background noise when I am working. I listen whenever I am travelling. Right now I have some classical music playing, and I like the feeling I get listening to them. And when I am online, I can't forget to listen to the latest ones as I do my stuff.

Jamsh and Emma Kwamboka like this.
  4. Sharon Ndaa

Sharon Ndaa New Member

Music is any sweet, pleasing, or harmonious sounds or sound used to expresses ideas and emotions in a rhythm, melody. Different people listen to music with different reasons and intentions. It could be console themselves, remind themselves (maybe a memory), appease or praise a god (s), suit their moods and much more.

When I am heartbroken I do listen to a song that consoles myself. For instance "It Ain't Me by Selena Gomez" consoles my broken heart most times. When I wanna please my God and praise Him I listen to gospel music as I hum the song.

When I get bored I listen to songs that pick my moods. I could listen to classical or listen to Bongo music from Tanzania to get my moods lively. In case I get to miss someone I can't meet or talk to at the moment, I opt to listening to a song that would remind me of them.

Those are the few reasons as to why I listen to music.

5. Ken Bruce

Ken Bruce New Member

Ever since its discovery in 4000 BCE by Egyptians, music has been such a powerful tool. It is a source of motivation. Earlier today I went to gym and was listening to this sweat worthy rap "Wiggle" by Jason Derulo ft Snoop Dogg. I found it very inspiring to keep me running on the treadmill. Similarly, music drives away depression. I caught my grandpa dancing to Bruno Mars. I found it very funny but I captured the essence of music to the elderly.

Additionally, music aids in concentration. I enjoy listening to classical music when studying especially for hard topics. Classical music is peaceful and harmonious hence a good choice. These are just but a few reasons why I listen to music.

6. ShroukHosny

ShroukHosny New Member

Music is everywhere in our world and music relates to everything as well. Music is in all of our histories starting from the beginning . It's also a powerful tool for communicating your ideas and how you feel .

I personally listen to music because it relates to me in many ways , when I am stressed , frustrated or depressed it's the only thing that relieves my pain . It also motivates me to work when I am bored . It is always there for me when no body is .

7. Sharon Ndaa

Sharon Ndaa New Member

Music is any sweet, pleasing, or harmonious sounds or sound used to expresses ideas and emotions in a rhythm, melody. Different people listen to music with different reasons and intentions. It could be console themselves, remind themselves (maybe a memory), appease or praise a god (s), suit their moods and much more.

When I am heartbroken I do listen to a song that consoles myself. For instance "It Ain't Me by Selena Gomez" consoles my broken heart most times. When I wanna please my God and praise Him I listen to gospel music as I hum the song.

When I get bored I listen to songs that pick my moods. I could listen to classical or listen to Bongo music from Tanzania to get my moods lively. In case I get to miss someone I can't meet or talk to at the moment, I opt to listening to a song that would remind me of them.

Those are the few reasons as to why I listen to music.

8. Emma Kwamboka

Emma Kwamboka Member

One of my favourite aspects of music is the fact that listening to a song can bring back emotions, feelings and "vibes" of a particular time, place or event. Music provides a literal soundtrack to my life. There's nothing better than hearing a song on the radio and being transported to a Saturday night in a bar where you met your first boyfriend, or finding an old record that you played endlessly after breaking up with that boy.

Music gives excitement and energy to my usual everyday events, I always have something playing in the background that I'm singing to. Waking up and scrolling through my phone or skimming through my record collection to pick out the morning soundtrack is the only way to start my morning and can literally dictate the rest of my day.

Music is great, my favourite being blues, rap and hip hop.

Stacy likes this.
  9. Stacy

Stacy New Member

Implementing music into everyone's lifestyle is a wonderful way to help cope with life's challenges. Let's be truthful, life on Earth isn't always a happy place. There's many aspects that can get one's mood down with stress and other obstacles we battle on a daily basis. Music can be that outlet that so many need inorder to relieve themselves from many tough situations. Putting on your favorite music can get those good, healthy hormones flowing again, in the brain. It can take you out of your own head, lift your spirits, and have you back on your game in no time! Therefore, upbeat music is highly suggested, especially on those down days.

10. Emma Kwamboka

Emma Kwamboka Member

@Stacy Hi ? I cannot agree with you more. Sound is very important in many different ways to many different animals
    Different animals use sound in different ways, but for humans, I think sound and music plays a very important role in our lives.

Music engages with the human brain in a special way. It can evoke our emotions. It can calm us or excite us. It can pump is up to take action. It can calm us when we are anxious. It is an emotional change tool kit.

Music appears to affect animals as well. Whales sing long songs that bounce off the floor of oceans and travel around the world. Birds sing song to woo mates and establish territory. Dogs seem to do a bit of singing, often set off by ambulance sirens.

As to what musical sounds create engagement in humans, you could refer to any musical analysis, of which there are many. I can show you correlations, but I can't really tell u precisely how sound works to affect brain chemistry. Minor keys make us sad, in general. Major chords make us feel happier. It starts there and go on and on.

Stacy likes this.
  11. Stacy

Stacy New Member

Wow! Your knowledge on the subject of music is inspiring. So many amazing points you've made. It's an incredible thing, how music brings out such beauty in this world! The way you express your passion for music is just as motivating as the music itself.

12. Jamsh

Jamsh New Member

I listen to music more than is healthy - I can say with confidence that I spend more time with headphones on than off. Most of the time, I'm just listening to music simply because I enjoy it, but when I have work to do, you can be sure that I'm doing it while listening to a concentration playlist on Spotify, or a soundtrack from a film or TV show. In that case, I find music really helpful for blocking out other noises, as I'm distracted really easily, but I have to listen to music without lyrics, otherwise, most of my attention goes towards listening to them instead of actually doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

13. mynameisshieldler

mynameisshieldler New Member

Understanding the benefits of music is important and classes should be added not cut. Studying music helps kids in math and reading, reduces stress, improves health and increases brain development. So support music the next time you vote or sign up for classes and just think of all the ways it could benefit you and your community.

Music affects you in many ways; however, it primarily affects your brain, through which the rest of your body can be affected. Music is an excellent therapeutic tool for the brain, because it activates so many parts of it. Music’s pitch, rhythm, meter and timbre are processed in both the left and right hemispheres of the brain. Listening to music triggers the areas of the brain that have to do with spatial reasoning. Music can even alter the brain if it is studied from a young age. Research shows that musical training in children can improve the activity of important neural systems. In fact, if someone receives a lot of music training before they turn 15 (or go through puberty), there is a chance that they will develop perfect pitch. Certain scientists think that musicians who have had early training use their brains differently than non-musicians.

It has also been proven that music has a huge effect on your mood. This occurs because of the rhythm and tone that we hear when we listen to music. When we listen to a rhythm, our heart actually begins to synch with it. Tones are also extremely important, since music composed in a major key usually sounds happier and music composed in a minor key normally sounds sadder. Music may cause you to feel joyful, sad, angry, hyped up, relaxed etc. and sometimes you can feel more than one emotion during a song. As research shows, music not only affects what kind of mood we may be in, but we also seem to have a habit of choosing music based on the moods we are already feeling.

Music affects us in many different ways, and provides us with many benefits. The brain can even be improved by listening to music, and so can our mental and physical health. Music can even be used to boost our mood. However, we have to know which type of music is most beneficial for us, as it is normally based on personal preference, even though classical music is usually the most rewarding. This ancient art is also one of the most powerful forms of healing for many different sicknesses. Music is truly amazing!

14. Jayneshi

Jayneshi New Member

Music particularly rock helps me relieve problems in my life. Loud music for around thirty minutes helps me escape from problems for a while. It always work for me.

15. Booker

Booker New Member

I love music that's why I always listen a music every day. With music it makes me feel calm and feel alive when I'm listening to a music like it change my mood especially in a stressful day.

Music gives me energy and peaceful mind. It can also affect my emotion with the music but it depends on the music. I can't express in word my expression about music. After all, for me music is life and music is very important to us.

16. Shasmilez

Shasmilez New Member

Wow, I love your taste for good music! I also love listening to music but I must confess you're better than me because I'm not so addicted to listening to it all the time as you do.

Music has a healing effect on me; whenever I'm depressed or in a negative mood, it relieves me and creates an inner strength in me to forge ahead. I love Christian music though.

17. Katie365

Katie365 New Member

Music is the medicine of the soul and mind. It can embody my exact feeling, a moment I've had or remind me of a specific time in my life. I listen to music when I need to relax and unwind after a stressful time or when I need a pick me up when I'm feeling down. Sometimes I listen just to have fun whenever I'm bored.

18. silvermists

silvermists New Member

Music is the heartbeat of life. Music transport me to my own world by helping me to relax and get rid of stress and anxiety. It is the best stress buster one can have. It helps me to stop thinking , I can focus on sound. Listening to a song can bring back the emotions, feelings of a particular time, place or event. There is nothing better than hearing a song on the radio and being transported to a Saturday night with your loved ones. Music gives me excitement and energy to my usual everyday events whether it's commuting to work or cooking, I always have something playing in the background that I am singing to. For me listening to music is one of the ingredients to live life. It makes you feel alive and excited.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  19. Huz

Huz New Member

So many great perspectives on music here!

I find that my playlists change from time to time depending on my mood. In a way, it seems to me that listening to music is a form of catharsis - it lets out your emotions.

I also listen to music for the sake of entertainment, it is a relaxing thing to do when you're bored.

20. Shixmel

Shixmel New Member

I mostly listen to Neo soul. The lyrics always flow,almost like poetry. I find the music soothing and calming, and I can listen to it day and night.