IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Why does my internet become very slow at night??

Discussion in 'Computers' started by hitesh1531, Jun 6, 2017.

1. hitesh1531

hitesh1531 New Member

I tried to look up the answer online, and the only thing I found was that there is a lot of traffic eating up the bandwidth, but I honestly don't think that.

My normal download speeds are around 110 Kb/s, and ever since Monday (5/29/17) around 8 pm, my download speed drops down to around 1.5 Kb/s, even at one point down to a record low of 236 byte/s. What I am finding odd, is that this never happened before in the 5 years I had Frontier internet, and it always slows down around 8, and goes back to normal in the morning.

I know my neighbors are not stealing from me, because the closest neighbor I have is about 150 yards away from my router (I live in the country). I already tried buying a new modem, replacing my Ethernet cord, replacing the cord from the wall to the router, and making sure that I was the only one that is active on the router.

Any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
    Reply to dA_HarV

2. robertleung.pro

robertleung.pro New Member

This may be because of several reasons. This may be because, there is more traffic in the overall network on your provider around that time, or if you are on a daily throttle limit. If you are downloading too much in one day, at a certain point they can limit your speeds to a certain amount. You may want to try to reduce the amount that you download files, or stream videos, and see if that helps. If that does not resolve your issues, you may want to contact your service provider.