IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Why I don't like watching the news

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Re'Nata Johnson, May 16, 2018.

1. Re'Nata Johnson

Re'Nata Johnson New Member

I do not watch the news on television. It's depressing. If I catch a clip or glance over at a news article when I surf the internet, that is news enough for me.

I believe the news is meant to highlight issues that will increase audience views and rating for news stations. I believe the media highlights the news that will get and keep people angry and fighting against one another. To cause division.

I also believe the news is meant to cultivate fear and cause people to spend unnecessary money. For instance, during the hurricane season. Why else would they say things to make us feel as if we're going to die? There is no faith or encouragement. Does anyone in media believe in the word possibility?

It's all about money. I hate the way media is set up.

Mavic123456 likes this.
  2. Theo77

Theo77 New Member

Watching news may be ones hubby and others may not fancy it. But @Re'Nata, news may provide useful information at one point or the other. You were talking about the hurricane, it may intrigue you to know that many were save as a result of the news information.

News provide great medium of learning, interaction and announcement. Some times advert are placed in between news of such and such an hour. I tune the television to my favourite news stations when ever I want to eat and enjoy the food better. You also mention hating the media set up, it a money making venture and must provide quality news feed to attract it viewers . Or what do you expect or think. Every business must make out strategies for income for effective running of it.

Re'Nata Johnson likes this.
  3. Mavic123456

Mavic123456 New Member

Like you I don't like to watch news. I only watch news if there is like typhoon or storm to watch out for. I feel stressed after watching the news.

4. Re'Nata Johnson

I get your point, yet I still feel strongly about my stance again the news media. I guess they're just getting the job done.

5. Re'Nata Johnson

Yes! But after the last fiasco with Irma, I'll pass. I literally tuned in for 3 days. After the weather man basically told us we were going to die, I just turned it off, sat on the porch, and read a book. The storm ended up shifting to the very place my neighbors evacuated to, so I don't trust them. It's all about the money. Not saying that bad things don't happen, because I remember Andrew, but I will never hang my last dime on the news media.

6. Trish23

Trish23 New Member

I dont like watching news either. All the media shows are one sided. They only air the side they are on. Sometimes they even manouver the news. Faking it is one of the biggest issues here in my country. They don't show what really happened. If there are positive news, the media is there always. If the news is negative they prefer not to air it. Or better yet. They don't go to the site. Some also choose the big scoop. Rape cases of foreigners are what they choose over rape cases on our country. Its just sad because the victim cant attain justice. Because it often ends up getting paid due to lack of attention.

7. Re'Nata Johnson

It's really sad, I know. Do you all think there is something we could do about it?

8. Kay

Kay New Member

I thought I was the only one who gets stressed after watching news. I feel like everything on there is so negative and depressing. I wonder what can be done to remedy this.

9. Trish23

Trish23 New Member

Sadly we cant do nothing to change the way media delivers news. Its their own company and the government cannot interfere with private companies. All we have to do is to find the right news chanel and hope they wont change soon. Just like the other chanels

10. zacemaster16

zacemaster16 New Member

As a teenager i personally do not want to see news nowadays due to the reason that it might influence my mind to be troubled and be filled with negativities to start up my day but somehow it would help me get relevant informations that happen in the society.

11. Madiv8582

Madiv8582 New Member

I 100% agree, with all the hurricanes such as Irma, and Harvey that happened all the news was spreading was fear and sadness. I read a post somewhere where it showed all the good and positive things that were happening at the time that the news neglected to show. The sad reality is that tragedy sells more than the good thing in the world.

12. Wanj 33

Wanj 33 New Member

It gets sadder in Africa where all you see in the news is how Cartels are poisoning our sugar with hard metals like Lead and Copper and the government is fully aware of all these the whole time.

They are looting public resources and now our debt is building up. Its so sad it's like being Kenyan is a punishment on its own. We wake up and there is a new scandal of looted billions of public funds. I prefer to keep of from the news and the terrible people we voted into office.

Shillahyano likes this.
  13. Bill Arens

Bill Arens New Member

I don't actually hate watching news because it's where I get updates about a lot of things specially about our country which has a lot of controversial issues. However, you'll rarely see good or uplifting news whether you watch it on TV or read a newspaper. It's just so encouraging but at the same time, it gives me the right attitude to face reality. That means I have to be careful, wise and kind at all times. I'd still hope there will be some program that also emphasizes good deeds of other people to encourage other to do the same. That would be awesome!

14. Shillahyano

Shillahyano New Member

I don't watch news because the evolutionary development has made human focus ten times more attention to negative news than positive news.

15. leoad16

leoad16 New Member

The news is controlled by personal beliefs and the government.I think the news only shows for source of entertainment.It is a source for the people but is a scandal for citizens.I don't like the news at all.

16. Amir King

Amir King New Member

I often think that most news is biased and opinionated, and therefore fake. This includes BBC News and Sky News. I feel like it's big brother telling us what to believe. It is also very negative. Sometimes though I do watch RT to here a different viewpoint.