IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Why is Education Important in Our Society?

Discussion in 'Education' started by mynameisshieldler, May 9, 2018.

1. mynameisshieldler

mynameisshieldler New Member

Education is more than just learning from books, and it is a shame that a lot of schools do not see that it is more than just a curriculum and school score. A good education can teach a child how to learn so that the child may take up independent learning as an adult. Education may also teach a child how to reason so that a child does not grow up to be ignorant.

The biggest selling point for education in our society is the fact that it helps people learn “how” to learn. It is not about the knowledge they accumulate, it is the way a child is taught how to “learn” things. A child may come away from school not knowing a lot of the course, but if that child has been taught how to learn, then that child may become an adult that learns everything he or she needs in life. Otherwise, that child may grow up to be a person that cannot see the obvious because he or she cannot reason and consciously learn new things.

If education is not seen as important, then one day it will just be all about school scores and hitting the factors of a curriculum. There will be a day when children start to hate learning because school put them off it for life (this already happens in some cases). Plus, without education teaching people how to reason things out and teaching them how to separate what is fact from what is faulty evidence, then our society will become more and more ignorant until a smarter country simply marches over and takes our country from under out ignorant noses.

2. Jayneshi

Jayneshi New Member

I consider education very important. In our societies today, those educated are respected. It also comes along with getting good paying jobs. Without a good educational background, the society does not notice you.

3. jocelynatyourservice

jocelynatyourservice New Member

I agree with you, friend because I believe education is the most important tool you can receive, that can bring you most success in society today. Education lessens the challenges you will face in life. The more knowledge you gain the more opportunities will open up to allow individuals to achieve better possibilities in career and personal growth. Education has played an important role in the career world of the twenty-first century. A person with a higher education will be easily qualified compared to a person without an extended education; as one will be prepared to do various tasks that careers demand as well as meet job standards.

I also believe education is important because it helps us develop a unique perspective of looking at life. Education has played a major role for all individuals in the society. It has allowed the community to succeed both socially and economically by enabling it to develop common culture and values. Education is the reason our world is the way it is today, doctors have been close to finding cures for cancer because of a higher education; our technology has been enriched compared to the 19th century all because of education.

If the importance of education is not recognized, then someday education will become less relevant. Education serves to unite and strengthen our country. Without education people would not be able to distinguish right from wrong. If this should happen, then our society will find itself at a large disadvantage compared to other countries. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world” once said by a wise man name Nelson Mandela, and that is why I strongly agree why education is important.

4. Mariam

Mariam New Member

I don't agree that education is really important in nowadays society. I believe that being well-read is even more important than having a degree. Why? Because reading about things you enjoy and knowing more than just a subject that you have a degree of makes people respect you.

Especially nowadays many teens drop out of college because they feel like it's dragging them down or not letting them pursue their dreams. And I have to admit, I agree with them. Education isn't for everyone and I think that these days modern society understands that much better than earlier.

5. EbonyPassion2465

EbonyPassion2465 New Member

It already is about the curriculum. I am a recent student, and can speak on this personally.

Over my school years, we had to take tests, many of them, once every couple of weeks. Those tests were not stressful, at least not to me. But I witnessed students with test anxiety. What did my school do with them? They sent the students to another room where they were somebody else's problem. But that's beside the point. The tests were logged in a grade book, and if we didn't get good enough scores, we were bad kids. Troublemakers, good-for-nothings. I had this happen to myself. A bunch of people sat around a set of classroom desks to discuss why I wasn't doing "good enough". After all, my perfect mother wouldn't want a stupid kid. My test scores were disgusting. My grades were abysmal. And to make things only this much worse, standardized test month was coming up. Acuity, iStep, NWEA, IRead, and so many more. It was the talk of the school. I got my grades back up, and suddenly I was someone to be proud of again. "My wonderful daughter, I'm so proud of her." One day, we will all be numbers on a ranking list. Yet we won't be smart at all.

6. EbonyPassion2465

EbonyPassion2465 New Member

I can agree that education is important. However, I think, especially in the upper years, that education needs to be altered. Don't make someone take a class like advanced English if they're going into mechanics. Instead, give them enough to be able to be professional and speak well, but not so much that they could be the next bestselling writer of essays. Don't force someone to take calculus if they are planning to become a writer or an English major. Give them the classes they will need to follow their path. Education cannot be a blanket package. Everyone is going to go in different directions after school. They need more personal paths, from the beginning.