IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Why We Are Here?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by babyblue09, Sep 10, 2017.

1. babyblue09

babyblue09 New Member

My belief is that understanding the universe and everything in it is the primary goal of mankind. Our ability to imagine new ideas, new technologies and build up detailed pictures and opinions of the world mark us as distinctly different from our Homosapien ancestors.

When I was a child I reasoned like a child. And now I've unraveled that my childhood reasoning was an understatement. People evolved and so our thinking, beliefs and principles.

2. jaymish

jaymish New Member

Million dollar question. All the gurus and personal development advocates suggest that to be happy we need to discover our purpose. In my experience that’s almost impossible. The assumption is that everyone is on earth to accomplish one specific task.

I think we are here to be all that we can be. To be our best selves. I also believe that our best selves is not one thing in particular. I think our purpose changes from one season of our lives to the next. The small achievements than add up to make us our best selves.

Our best selves through our unique achievements make the world a better place. We are more progressive and enlightened because of the inventions of people who strived to be their best selves.

3. Aggy91

Aggy91 Member

@babyblue09 I believe that if we can understand the universe ,then we will understand why we are here. When I look at history it seems like our ancestors knew more about the universe and life's purpose than we do these days. They understood into depth and lived in harmony with nature and where able to start sciences,mathematics,medicine, the calendar etc. They understood the processes and laws of the universe and I believe in this way they knew the deeper purpose of human beings on this earth. I think if we could go back and study what they knew then we could be able to answer so many questions that we have in this error.

4. Monique ST Lewis

Monique ST Lewis New Member

We are here to worship our creator, our creator is Allah. This life is only a test. There are only two outcomes of this test, if you pass you go to heaven and if you fail you go to hell. We have been given free will for Allah to see those who truely worship him or disobey him. Worship Allah that is the key to success in this life.

If you are looking for answer to this question "why are here?" which many have asked before, read the Quran. The Quran has the answers and is like a light of truth that shines through.

Aggy91 likes this.
  5. Erica

Erica New Member

Honestly I found this post to be very inspiring. I never believed in that one "passion" or one purpose. It always seemed quite silly to me to become attached to a certain job or role in life. Those things are not who you are. Honestly this is very helpful to me because I often become depressed by the big questions. If I do something as simple as striving to be my best self, that's enough for me.

6. Ariana Maissi

Ariana Maissi New Member

I believe in Nietzsche's belief about the self. We need to let go of our idea of a God, that we were put here for a reason, so we can live our lives fully. Our existence is the result of the (amazingly, yet random) evolutionary process, and life, of the combination of amino-acids and other biochemical processes. There is no such thing as a general purpose, which is why we own ourselves. We are completely free in the vastness of the Universe.