IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Will we ever find a cure for cancer?

Discussion in 'Science' started by sergioh651, Jan 21, 2017.

1. sergioh651

sergioh651 New Member

One of the biggest causes of death here in the United States is cancer. No one is safe anymore. Anyone can get it at anytime. As I was analyzing and reading some experiences the other day from cancer survivors, I thought to myself: "Why hasn't a 100% cancer removing medicine been found yet?" I am well aware it takes a lot of work, but after many years of scientific work, I would assume that we should be close to finding a 100% effective cure.

2. Cryptoreal

Cryptoreal Member

I believe it's already here, we just don't know it yet. It will happen just like the invention if the first Tv. No one knew it existed until the military and super private-money making institutions had a really super cool ride on the product.

3. sanjeev kumar

sanjeev kumar New Member

It is really difficult to find a cure for Cancer as the disease is related to one's genetic makeup. Genetic makeup is one of the most difficult and tedious information to study about Human beings. Just a single mutation can lead to deadly diseases. Researches are going on to study the relationship between Genetic and biochemical events related to Cancer but are not producing desirable results. Lets hope scientists soon find out the solution for this deadly disease.

4. JOSEPH

JOSEPH New Member

Despite the progress against cancer, however, it is still the number-two killer in the U.S. after heart disease. Although more people are living or living longer with cancer than in years past, that is still not truly curing cancer. Cancer will certainly remain part of the human condition but the question is how best to tamp it down when it does appear. One of the biggest challenges that remains is making sure therapies continue to work with patients in the long term and pinpointing if that means cancer therapies should be administered in combination or deployed in a specific order for certain patients. “Unfortunately, we see some patients don’t respond to these wonderfully new therapies and some patients that do respond initially eventually develop resistance to those therapies and so the tumor returns,” Bertagnolli says. “Obviously that’s in the way of curing cancer because we want a treatment that a patient will never develop resistance to.”

Indeed, the fight against cancer is a long one and the president only has one year left in office. In the 1970s Pres. Richard Nixon called for a “War on Cancer.” That effort, alongside its public relations campaign, fueled unrealistic expectations that cancer would be quickly extinguished. So what’s different here? For one thing, the base level of knowledge about cancers and their causes—and targets to combat them—is fundamentally different. “I hope people don’t think the cure is right around the corner but I do think there’s reason for optimism,” Allison says. “To use a Texas term, we finally have purchase on it.”

Kenneth Sweezy likes this.
  5. Daniella

Daniella New Member

Yes and No!

We will find cures for many cancers with time but every desease reinvents itself all the time so even though we find a cure the desease will find a way to survive the cure. And so it will continue. Meaning we will have to find a new cure.

6. lemos10

lemos10 New Member

I'll add my 10 cents to the discussion, as others have already said most of the important details. Cancer is a very complicated disease, one that can't be generalized into an unique model. What I mean is that, this is a disease that is kind of unique to each person. A treatment that may work on a certain group of people may not work on you, even if you have the same "type" of cancer. This happens because the body is a chaotic system with lots and lots of interactions and sadly we haven't found a good model to properly predict how your body will react to a certain substance or treatment. It's a lot of trial and error and a combination of treatments that apply to very specific cases. To add my own opinion, I think the future of cancer treatment relies on the development of better machine learning algorithms that will enable us to pinpoint the best treatment for each cancer. This could be a "cure" for cancer, but we're still very far from it.

7. Enzieeee

Enzieeee New Member

Let me share some intriguing thing, treatment for cancers if not all, have already been invented. Even certain machines that perfectly calculates patterns in human bodies to cure some specific cancer is already made. Now, at this very point that i knew this humor, im intrigued of course, so i made some research about this.

To furtherly explain, this thing im sharing to you guys as of now is still just a "factual humor", i think you're all aware that this systematized world has lot of dark secrets, specially in dark ages, this world has been decided to systematize for the things to have order, to keep things short, secrets, a secrets that is only on a hands of very selected people.

Im just thinking of this, what if cure is really here but is just kept at a very confidential secret? You're free to think on the what if's, this was just a pure opinion of mine.

8. Nugget2019

Nugget2019 New Member

Sure, I don't see why we couldn't when you think of all the other amazing cures and technology we have now. Like many others, I think we probably do have a cure right now but they just haven't found a way to monetize it enough yet as it brings in a lot of money currently. My husband takes a new drug that helps to build his immune system and it can reverse his cancer. I think that is the way it will go in the future. The cure is to get our body to attack the cancer naturally as it already does this anyways. When we get cancer, it's because our bodies immune system can no longer keep up with destroying cells and they are rapidly growing too fast. It just seems like our body goes out of control, so to fix our immune system would be the answer. I believe they are pretty close.