IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Women with hairy skin! How to shave?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by mildredtabitha, Aug 26, 2017.

1. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha New Member

I think it is normal for men to have a hairy skin. I am not sure if it is normal for women to have excess hair on their body because most of it is caused by hormone imbalance. Imagine a case where a woman has excess hair on her legs, thighs, arms, back, belly and even facial hair.
    It is so depressing for any woman to go through this. Not being able to wear your favorite short dress because your legs are too hairy will lead you into hiding under trousers, long sleeved shirts, sweaters and jackets.
    Some of us women have accepted that our skin is hairy and above all that, it is natural. But what about those who are still battling with hairy skin and spending hours in the bathroom shaving just to end up cutting themselves? What would you recommend for them to do? Your opinion is valid.

2. meensusa

meensusa New Member

@mildredtabitha , I agree with you completely. Many women are facing this problem in their everyday life. The hair growth is completely dependent on the hormones in our body. I have heard that applying turmeric powder regularly will reduce the hair growth. But the drawback in that is, our dress and skin will become yellow. And it won't look good if we go to office or other places.

There are many products available in the market for removing the excess hair like hair removal creams, gels etc. The cheapest way is to use the women razor blades for cleaning the hair in legs, hands and underarms. You can use it once a month or every two weeks. I think using it regularly may slow down the hair growth.

I don't have much idea about the electric methods for hair removal.

mildredtabitha likes this.
  3. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha New Member

Thank you very much for the contribution. I will research more about the turmeric powder and see if it is effective. In addition to the methods you have given, waxing is also used but i heard that it is a painful process. I am not sure if there are methods to help in permanently removing the hair but i will do research on that too.