IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Would you carry a power bank with you?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Luka, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Luka

Luka New Member

Yes! I would like alot to carry a power bank with me because, most of the jobs I do are online jobs and require fast internet connection, which is likely to drain my battery at a fast rate. That is why power bank is a major gadget to carry when travelling.

2. Tiile23

Tiile23 New Member

Yes but depends on the period in-between successive "normal charging". By the latter I mean times in which you will normally pluck it into a power socket to charge.

If the period in-between successive "normal charging" is long, for instance, when travelling, then I need a power bank with me for frequent charging along that period.

Also, if am using my phone unusually, like playing a game, browsing, etc which consumes battery abnormally, then again I need a power bank with me.

3. McB Carino

McB Carino New Member

As a traveler, i would carry a power bank with me but I only used it if I have no choice. Most of the time I have it inside my bank but rarely use it. I didn't use it much because on my own experience it will make your battery life span shorter. It will damage its capability of long lasting used. Most of the people think that power bank is safe to use but believe it or not it will make your battery worst. To those who owned an expensive mobile phone I suggest that you should power bank only in case of an emergency like lost in the forest or experiencing brownout for days.

4. Johnwaweru

Johnwaweru New Member

Yes. I would carry a power bank with me as my portable charger for my phone when am travelling for long distance's. Where I spend more time on my phone which has less battery capacity and ends up switching off unexpected. Thant's why I would carry my power bank (portable charger) in my pocket.

5. Gaurav Singh

Gaurav Singh New Member

Yes, it is a great tool for anyone who uses mobiles. Reason:

I use a power bank with in-built cable, 5000mAH capacity, close to 90% efficiency, 2 X 1A charging ports, 141gm weight, micro USB + lightning bolt ports for Android & iPhone, 168 x 78 x 18 mm dimensions (size of a credit card + width of a parker pen), with power and temperature protection.

https://www.croma.com/tukzer-5000-mah-power-bank-black-/p/196556

Why wouldn't one?
    It gives a single charge on-the-go so you never run out of juice. With such packed technology.. while there are variants with greater capacity but their efficiency (the usable % of the manufactured capacity) drops.

6. jonathscliq

jonathscliq New Member

Definitely. It's a given for me and it is a gadget that one can almost not do without, especially when you consider the fact that we are in an Internet generation. In fact, I'm looking at going for a very powerful power bank this time, as the one I'm currently using doesn't last as long as I would want.

I'll be watching out for reviews just like the one above (and I hope they are true) to see that my next power bank is something that will not cause me regrets. The one I have now came with a lot of unfulfilled promises as to the supposed capacity and features. I'll be careful not to repeat the mistake in my next purchase

7. neville

neville New Member

It's definitely one of the most innovative and useful inventions, especially in this day and age where everything can be operated through mobile, it will present itself as a great alternative to normal charges, i for one use it quite regularly throughout the day since some of my work is solely online which can be a hassle and a stressful situation if my phone battery were to die on me during work.

8. neville

neville New Member

It's definitely one of the most innovative and useful inventions, especially in this day and age where everything can be operated through mobile, it will present itself as a great alternative to normal charges, i for one use it quite regularly throughout the day since some of my work is solely online which can be a hassle and a stressful situation if my phone battery were to die on me during work.

9. nosleep3134

nosleep3134 Member

You know i think that the one major problem that goes along with having the struggle of having a dead battery is not
    having the re generator powered up either, if i forget to charge my phone, Ill forget to charge the power bank or forget
    the cord needed to receive the juice needed to keep my phone and utilities off e. I once did see a handy power bank,
    that were sold in the dollars stores and if you peeled the tape off you would come to find it was powered by a double A battery
    Not sure the of the Life spanm but anything helps wen dead battery's shorten your phones life.

10. Heatman

Heatman New Member

Oh Nigeria my beloved Country, how can I not take my power bank to where ever am going, including my phone charger as well?

The nature of epileptic power supply in this country makes it difficult for one to stay a whole day without looking for where to charge his/her electronic gadgets. Some part of the country haven't seen electric lights for months, making it virtually impossible to go anywhere without one's power bank and phone chargers.

The funny aspect is that our government or authorities involved do not care about the poor masses. They are all very comfortable in the homes with the availability of generators for them the higher class in the society.

Suffering is very common at the grass root of this society. Poor masses are seeing hell on daily basis. Those that makes use of light to carry out their daily business have to incure another expense of buying petrol to power their generators.

11. vashk

vashk New Member

I always do. Am always on my phone on the internet due to my businesses and thus my battery life isn't that long. I need my power bank in order to keep my phone activated the whole day or else I will incur a lot of losses.