IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Would you go on a blind date?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Rossy, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Rossy

Rossy New Member

Blind date is where you go on a date with someone you have never met before and probably have no idea of how they look like leave alone their name. This is usually arranged by a third party who knows both of them.

In today's world people are too busy trying to earn a living which leaves them no time to search for a life partner. Some would find it easy and time saving if set on a date by someone else.

The third party setting people on a blind date usually think that the two could make a nice couple. However this is not usually right most of the times. Very few blind dates come out successful. The couple could be two totally incompatible people who don't even fancy each other. This is usually a game of trial and error if I was asked.

Rowzers likes this.
  2. temmygabriel

temmygabriel New Member

Yes I would give it a shot! I have never been on a blind date. To me, going on a blind date would be one heck of an experience. Its where you spend time with a complete stranger. A person whom you haven't seen before. That itself is an experience worth having. So I would surely give it a go at least once if I get a chance.

3. lxst

lxst New Member

Yes, sure! I'm always open to meeting new people. Even if we don't turn out romantically compatible, we could still have a decent time together.

4. macdonald001

macdonald001 New Member

For the simple fact that I haven't been on a blind before, I will give it a shot. Even though I won't be expecting so much from the experience.
    But for the fact that it will make me explore, I think it's deserves a try.

5. ahmedo24

ahmedo24 New Member

The third party must have have seen some qualities of compatibility before organizing such a date. I will give it a shot, life is all about taking risk. Friendship begin from being strangers.

6. nosleep3134

nosleep3134 Member

I believe that literal defintion of a blind date, should be an actual blind date .
    As in when this dates begins you see each other for the first time then you
    will be blind folded for the remainder of the date. Since the purpose of
    blind dating is actually getting to know someone you never met being open minded
    and most of the time less picky in your choice of the opposite or same sex.
    i believe that if this sorta date can be succesful to at least make it through
    an uber ride and drinks with alight meal while being blind folded only after the
    person for the first time you will not only receive a txt message three days
    later but a full date with 20/20 vision.

Rowzers likes this.
  7. Rowzers

Rowzers New Member

What an amazing idea nosleep3134! I would most certainly try that if I wasn't married.

I tried blind dating some time ago. The general kind (You show up and see him for the first time). The reality is this, I saw a gorgeous man but I knew there and then something wasn't right with him. Anyway, since we both liked what we saw that night, we dated for a good 2 weeks. Oh, the heartbreak was devastating but then again, I was too young to see the importance of knowing someone beyond looks.

There are also success stories in this topic among my close friends. One of my favorite couples met on a blind date and they're married for 8 years now!