IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Would you rather be rich or healthy?

Discussion in 'Health' started by Anand Mitra, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Anand Mitra

Anand Mitra New Member

I would rather be healthy than rich, happy then wealthy. Personal wellness is wealth. I have a friend that works his arse off. Probably works 80 hrs weeks. When he is off he is still on call and indebted to his customers. He's a multi-millionaire, but has more health issues then someone at 41 years old should have. I am working with him on proper diet, rest, and how to deal with stress.
    If you're dead you can't enjoy the life you left behind at such an early age.

2. Antoinette

Antoinette New Member

Hello! Everyone expects me to say i rather be healthy than rich. But lets face it, who wouldn't want to be rich? I think it would be a great combination if i could have both since they are interconnected in a certain way. Let me explain. To be healthy you need to have the right nutrition, vitamins, and to complete several activities to keep your body healthy and in great shape. What if you do not have the resources to have a great balance. You need money to buy food, clothing, a shelter, medicine, and everything needed to be healthy. In this case i will have to say i would rather be rich than healthy since i could use that money to maintain my health.

3. supersash

supersash New Member

Our health is our wealth, so goes the saying. Personally, I would rather choose good health over wealth. When someone is healthy, it means that you can do anything you want and become wealthy later. No amount of money can equal a healthy body and mind. Additionally, when you are healthy, you can live a lifetime of happiness and contentment.

4. DonMakaveli7

DonMakaveli7 New Member

I will always choose good health over wealth and I think that almost everybody else will do the same thing. Money dosen't buy happiness and no ammount of money can really help you if you get very sick. Of course, rich people tend to be healthier because they can afford better food and medicine. This is not a rule and I will say again that being healthy is more important. In order to enjoy life to the fullest, you need to be healthy. Stress will affect both poor and rich people.. Money dosen't guarantee good health, but can improve your life quality. At the same time, there are a lot of healthy poor people, so there is not a rule at all. Overall, being healthy is more important than being rich !

5. mimi88jade

mimi88jade New Member

Based on other comments here, health is the most important to them and I think for me too. Only fool will choose to be rich rather than to be healthy. If we think deeply, we can say that we are all rich if there are no diseases and illnesses on our planet. Think in this way. We invest money for studies for new vaccines and medicines for the various diseases and if there is no diseases those money would go for food and infrastructure.

The government will be more focus on education and livelihood. The hospitals will be a place only for wellness but not for cure and medication. We are all rich and no problems. A poor (materially) will be contented to his income and no worries if he receives low wage because sickness will out of the topic.

6. CloClo

CloClo New Member

I would much rather be healthy than rich. Money is nice, but you can't truly enjoy it if you are sick. I strive everyday to make healthier lifestyle choices. It's not the easiest thing to do, but it's the right thing to do. I also have heard of people who are multi-millionaires with stress related health problems. It's always a sad story to hear, and it's very unfortunate.

7. happyone22

happyone22 New Member

I would much rather be healthy because it's so much more important than all the money in the world. Taking care of myself comes before a big amount of money. I know I want to live a long life without any diseases which is why I'm all for the whole foods plant based diet. Now I'm not saying not to eat meat but I am saying to make sure to get daily intake of fruits and vegetables. Yes being wealthy is nice but it sure is not everything in life and it can't make you happy if your already torn up on the inside. If your rich it won't make your problems go away even if you think things will be better with all this money. I want people to remember me for the positive difference I made in the world and not about how much money I had.

8. Susan

Susan New Member

I would definitely rather be healthy. Without your health it really wouldn't matter how much money you had. Money can't buy you good health. You may have money but you wouldn't be happy and you wouldn't be able to enjoy it. So what would be the point of being rich and being sick. I would much rather life the way that I am now. I don't have a lot of money but I have my health and I am thankful for that.

9. jodyrenee12

jodyrenee12 New Member

I would rather be rich. Then I could buy my health. That sounds superficial but it's true. What is the point of being healthy if you have to live miserably. I would rather enjoy the finer things of life as a healthy person but since I was asked to choose one I chose rich.

10. Ladyhibiscus

Ladyhibiscus New Member

I would rather be healthy. You could have all the money in the world but, if you have a terminal disease, that money would not save you. You can always make more money but you can never buy a new body or a new organ. You need to have health as a priority and stop overworking the body that you where given. You only get one in a lifetime.

11. HappyHeart

HappyHeart New Member

I have had a lot of health problems in my life and in Canada we have our doctors and hospital visits payed for through the government and taxes. I think poverty has a lot to do with our health. There are a lot of things money cannot solve, but I wouldn't want to starve. Without my health I am pretty useless so I would choose my health. Money comes and goes and like I have read above can be earned when we are healthy.

12. Rex2fx

Rex2fx New Member

I would have to say when it comes down to it both. There's no point in being in bad health then becoming rich. In most cases health is wealth, nothing can replace that. Of course no one wants to be poor, but no one want's to have bad health either. I would have to be greedy and say both. Good question.

13. Shawn

Shawn New Member

If you are able to take care of yourself being healthy is easy right? I would love to be rich, but money isn't everything. Or is it... I think you know where I'm headed with this. The answers will vary depending on where you are at in your life. If you ask a teen this question they will most likely say "rich". If you ask an older person this they would most likely say "health". Some younger people may not be as fortunate. Health is the #1 key, because when you get old money can only buy you a ticket into a nursing home. Here would be another possible question. Would you rather be sick and rich. Or healthy and poor.

14. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member

I would rather be healthy than rich. There is no point in wealth, if you are suffering and risking a shorter lifespan. I think it would be smarter to live a healthy lifestyle, so that I have the potential to build a life for myself. I cannot think of any amount of money that would leave me wanting to shorten my life and live uncomfortably.

15. wendy aka

wendy aka New Member

We are what we eat, and that we can only function to our full potential if we have a healthy body. So I'd rather be healthy than be wealthy because no amount of money can buy good health.

16. Melissa T

Melissa T New Member

I would rather be healthy than wealthy. I am very healthy but not wealthy. They say your health is your wealth. Wealth can be abundance of anything. So if you are healthy you can also be considered wealthy even though it's not in what money or possessions you have.

17. hhelenak

hhelenak New Member

It's difficult question for me, when you're young you usually think that money means everything and you want to work overtime, but later it will cause many health issues and the medications will be expensive... So I personally think that health is more important than money, but to eat healthy you also need money, because usually the unhealthier food is more expensive that healthy one.

18. valanchar

valanchar New Member

Health, is one of our most important issues of the day. I would prefer health, over wealth. Furthermore, you feel good. It seems with wealth, you can feel horrible.

19. ismailf42

ismailf42 New Member

I Would rather be healty. Because health is everything. If you are not healty, you can't spend your money. You can't enjoy life, you can't do what you want by yourself. However, if you are healthy and poor, you can get enjoy the life despite of being poor. Because money can't bring happiness. Money rarely bring happines in my opinion. Health is most precious thing that we own.

20. beachinparty

beachinparty New Member

I prefer to be healthy. Because health is the greatest wealth for a human being.

Decentlady likes this.