IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Would you rather be rich or healthy?

Discussion in 'Health' started by Anand Mitra, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Member

It's accept the fact that wealth won't last when you're sick, when you've a lot of medicines to take everyday as your maintenance of having illness. It is therefore, a hypocrisy if you rather prefer to rich over your unstable health. There is a sense in saying that health is wealth. Of course, we want to have better health than to be a multi-billionaire but sickly.

2. phantom7

phantom7 New Member

I have read about and seen rich people who have no appetite for anything and have given up on life itself.
    Yes,you can have the money,but there are something's money can't do. For example money can't buy happiness,give you appetite when sick,make an infertile lady give birth and so on. On the other hand a healthy person will have peace of mind as long as he/she understands that health is wealth.

3. zombie43211

zombie43211 New Member

Personally, I would rather be healthy than rich because health comes before wealth but some people might choose to be rich as they might be old already and be unhealthy already. It really matters on the person, for example a 70 year old person would not pick to be healthy as they are ageing and eventually they would get unhealthy anyway but if you were a 18 year old person you choose to be rich as you young and happy.

4. jeanette havekotte

jeanette havekotte New Member

You make it sound like being rich makes you a happy person. Being poor equals being miserable? What nonsense that is. Getting rich normally means that you work all the time, have stress, have no time for yourself and definitely not to look after yourself. i think being rich can actually make you unhealthy. Take time out and be nice for yourself.

5. Isleide

Isleide New Member

Being healthy is important to me. Even with all the money in the world there are many health issues that money can't fix. I would hate to have all the money I could ever want and not have what I need such as the ability to walk or wipe my own tush.

osjdaniels likes this.
  6. Karde

Karde New Member

I would take being healthy over wealthy any day. The possibility is that you can be wealthy but and is unable to enjoy all the wealth that you have accumulated. It is better to be emotionally, physically and mentally healthy than be rich. And beside that being, not being rich doesn't mean living in poverty; could simply just mean that you have not fallen in the category of what is considered rich.
    So the real question might just be, "What does it mean to be rich?

7. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy New Member

I always value my health that is why I would rather be healthy than rich. What is the use if we have the money and material possessions in this world if we are having an underlying health condition that is affecting our everyday life. Money cannot buy everything especially when it comes to our health. Our happiness in life does not come from money alone and having a good health is what would make us content and happy in our life.

8. ngige

ngige New Member

Being rich guarantees that you will be healthy. You will have a wide array of healthy foods and good insurance cover to ensure that whatever disease you get is covered.

Bottom line is this, I would rather be rich and unhealthy than poor and healthy.

9. RapidBlue

RapidBlue New Member

This is really easy to answer, I would definitely would like to be healthy because a healthy person can do so much in the life and achieve the wealth and prosperity as well. Hardly you can do a thing to benefit yourself, a family or your friends as well if you are terminal ill. I can say that i know people from my real life and from the news who define that rule, they are sick - still very determined and prosperous. Sometimes your own illness and misfortune makes you a better and stronger person, and you rise, but in many cases people end up in the hospital and they never return from it.
    I vote for the health.

10. hmary

hmary New Member

I choose health without a second thought or doubt.What would I do with so much money and dying from a disease? Money is not a solution to everything,and in this case there are some health issues which will always lead you to your grave.Some diseases can't be cured whether there is money or not.So for me it's definitely health.

11. Tony16

Tony16 New Member

Ladies and gentlemen I would rather be healthy than be rich. I can't see anything that is comparable to good health. I see health as wealth that cannot be quantified. A healthy person that is not rich is happy because he does not suffer from any illness or pain in his body. As a healthy man I will be hopeful that someday I could be wealthy.

On the contrary a rich but sick man is almost hopeless because his money couldn't get him good health, he may continually fear for his life. I heard a story of a popular rich world renown musician who was blind and was ready to pay half his riches just to see for a day.

12. MikeTheKnight

MikeTheKnight New Member

I would prefer wealth. I am healthy and have a lonely and depressing life as is. A swift and enjoyable life is better for me than having a long depressing one.

13. Bianca88

Bianca88 New Member

After reading all the replies on this thread I find it interesting that most of members say that they would rather be healthy than rich. I would rather be rich than healthy because frankly we live in a world where everything can be bought, including health. When I consider how expensive good health care is and how pricey healthy organic food is, I come to the conclusion that a rich individual has better odds of surviving many of our modern day illnesses and even if they do not, they have the financial means to increase their life span significantly.

Money gives one an opportunity to enjoy the finer things in life, to explore and experience the world and all that it has to offer.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  14. paola

paola New Member

I rather be rich, and I guess that is something you learn when you have no money, and find out that no having enough money for the basic things can make you sick too, mentally and physically. And things like anxiety (for no having enough for eat or something like that), depression (for the same reason), stress (for the things you have to do for your family) are serious diseases, that could even kill you. So, money will give me peace, and healthy mind, healthy body.

15. kalchakrag

kalchakrag New Member

Both the terms are not interconnected . Health is Wealth . But that is a saying and that too in different view of life. A healthy person may not be wealthy , a wealthy person may not be healthy . But a wealthy person has got ample money to spend after Six Pack Abs or go to gym or eat costly foods , go after everything that may regain his health . But a healthy person may not go for costly foods , because costly foods does not necessarily mean healthy foods . I prefer to go for health and will try to work hard for the best results . Wealth will come in normal way and if it exists in my destiny .

16. Decentlady

Decentlady New Member

Health has always been my priority but as Antoinette has pointed out a combo would have been a great option. Nevertheless, it doesn't hurt to be healthy and hard working. Hard work does pay so money wouldn't be a real problem if you have a decent source of income.

Without good health, life is a real fix. You probably will be spending on medical bills despite being rich if you suffer from ill-health. A minor flu leaves us uncomfortable and wishing to be left alone, imagine more debilitating illnesses! There is really no point in having a fat bank balance which gives no happiness that we desire.

17. BlueSky

BlueSky New Member

I would rather be healthy than rich.I believe being
    rich rather then being healthy will only result in you
    dying and leaving all that money behind. If you are
    not healthy you will not be able to enjoy the money.
    If you are healthy you can always find ways to make
    money because you will have health to do so.

18. getnpaid

getnpaid New Member

I would love to say rich (I used to say it as a child) but now that I more knowledgeable, I look at life differently. I am aware of filthy rich people out that are not happy with their bodies and would use their money to try to make themselves better, but in the end they just end up dying and leaving all that money behind

Healthy persons, at least has the opportunity to live a stress free, happy life, and live long enough to enjoy it. With or without the wealth.

19. BlueSky

BlueSky New Member

I would love to be rich ,but health is more important
    to me than being rich.If your health is bad you can not
    spend the money in a joyful way,but if you have good
    health you can always find ways to make money and
    enjoy it.

20. judyd1

judyd1 New Member

What is the point of being a very sick person with lots of money? You can't enjoy money unless you have a certain measure of health. Conversely, you can enjoy just about everything if you are healthy. And with health and vitality you could change your financial situation.

The only advantage of wealth is that it gives you the freedom to do and be whatever you want. You can travel, meet new people, live in beautiful foreign lands, have no worries about bills, or what you're going to eat, and be able to help anyone who needs it just because you can.

It's so easy to say that health is better than wealth, but do you really mean it? In other words, do you actively work toward good or better health, or do you spend most of your time trying to make money, or worrying about money or your financial situation? Because what you do on a day to day basis proves which asset is more valuable to you.