IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Would you rather be rich or healthy?

Discussion in 'Health' started by Anand Mitra, Jul 19, 2015.

1. ibezsocial

ibezsocial New Member

It seems the unanimous choice is HEALTH above WEALTH! I will concour with this choice, as I believe; just as it has been stated so many times in this thread that your health is your wealth and to sacrifice your health can defintely affect your ability to produce wealth.

Your health is a physcial thing, something that is tangible, that you can feel and others can see. You know your health is suffering when you lose the strength to do things for yourself, like taking a walk, cleaning your house, riding a bike, or preparing your own meals.

On the otherhand, wealth is a mental thing, it's your state of mind, and typically a battle of wills. Most of us have all that we need, but feel less than wealthy because we do not have all that we want. The mental struggle lies in the influence of others that make us feel less than wealthy through the power of prestige, value, or quality.

For example, you own a car free and clear, but feel less than wealthy because someone else is driving a newer car that has payments attached to it. Sure their car maybe newer, but it is merely borrowed as long as payments are made. You have shoes on your feet and they serve the purpose of protecting your feet from the different weather conditions and damaging debris like glass fragments, rocks, and twigs, found in roads, sidewalks, and lawns. Yet someone can make us feel less than wealthy because your shoes are not a popular name brand. The purpose of the shoe doesn't change only the brand's name. We are constantly side tracked by these perceptions, measurements, or mental battles and seek the approval of others to validate our wealth status though these distinctions.

We need to be strong mentally in order to maintain our wealth mindsets. Without a strong wealth mindset, we may feel less than wealthy although we may have all that we need. A weak wealth mindset can lead to stress, that can threaten one's health, but placing confidence in our health can allow us to utilize our strengths to produce enormous wealth.

HEALTH above WEALTH!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  2. BlueSkyeLove

BlueSkyeLove New Member

Quis hoc dicit? Quam ob rem tandem, inquit, non satisfacit? Ille vero, si insipiens-quo certe, quoniam tyrannus -, numquam beatus; Ut non sine causa ex iis memoriae ducta sit disciplina. Placet igitur tibi, Cato, cum res sumpseris non concessas, ex illis efficere, quod velis? Scaevola tribunus plebis ferret ad plebem vellentne de ea re quaeri.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  3. BloomingThrough

BloomingThrough Member

I would rather be healthy most definitely. We have to get out our heads that money is everything. Money is apart of life and we need it right not, but it's more to life than it. My health is important down to fitness& the things that I consume. I don't take these things lightly, I take them very seriously. Some people may say health subconsciously, but all along sacrificing their health for a job or to have money. We have to sit back and look at these things as well because jobs can be very stressful .

4. Anas Naji

Anas Naji New Member

Rich, because then I would be able to pay my medical bill, hence, giving me better health benefits.

A healthy, but poor person, has a positive outlook on life, though, he/she would most definitely encounter stress just by thinking about their overdue medical bill, alone.

There is medical insurance, but insurance co-pay is currently at a rather pricy amount in present times, and would cause family crisis and possible heart attacks to occur, all caused by the huge chunk that a medical insurance co-pay fee took out of their net worth, whatever it may be.

This would be the more realistic approach to such a question.

5. Shana-Kay Barrett-Smith

Shana-Kay Barrett-Smith New Member

Health is more important because without good health you cannot make wealth. You can have all the wealth in the world, but if your health is of poor quality, you are living a depresssing, meaningless life. You will soon lose your wealth in order to save/ improve your health.

You can be poor financially but have optimum health and that can make you wealthy in health. Morale- Take care of your health and it can be used to give you great wealth because once there is life and good health, there is hope.

6. jahanzeb ali qureshi

jahanzeb ali qureshi New Member

Someone said "Health is Wealth" and that is very true. If you don't have a good health then you cannot enjoy the money and fun in life. It is necessary to have money but the health is factor to stay happy in life. If someone have a lot of money but they are having some critical disease then he cannot enjoy the good and healthy food. So never compromise the health with wealth. Don't work more than 10 hours as it is not good for health to get your mind and body working more than its capacity. You must eat healthy to live long and to enjoy good health. You ma stay young for long and work for many years. It is same like to eat an egg daily or eat the hen in a single day.

7. Amanda2801

Amanda2801 New Member

It looks as though most people on her would go with healthy over rich and to be honest I think I would have to agree. Although there are always points in my life where I would choose money, I think over all a healthy and happy life is the most important thing.

8. ezjason

ezjason New Member

Yes having a healthy life is key and is much better than having a wealthy life with a not so good health. I also noticed most people here saying they would rather have a healthy life over a wealthy life which makes perfect sense and is a natural answer to pick, and in my opinion. The right one.

9. Treon

Treon New Member

Healthy over anything. I have a chronic illness and I can't stress enough how low we actually value our health until something is wrong. When you truly get ill is when you start appreciating health. It's sad but it's the truth. The values in today's world are up side down and I believe that people value wealth way too high. Money comes and goes.

Also health CAN'T be bought. Yes, you can buy a better medical care or assistance and so on but you can't do anything when you have some rare disease or cancer and nobody can just magically cure you. What good would it be to have a million dollars if you know that you will die in the next week?

10. Mortemonee

Mortemonee Member

Been healthy is a sign of Richie's, you have the Richie's and you can't even get up from your bed and feel the weather forecast heating on you, that is not Richie's, you have a mansion but you spend all days, months and years in the dispensary, that is not Richie's. But if you can smile and feel free to walk around and feel happy with things you are doing, I think you are rich.

11. Jaylah

Jaylah New Member

It's a catch twenty-two.