IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

You are okay

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by comfie, Mar 9, 2017.

1. comfie

comfie New Member

I'm a great believer that things work out the way they should, and there's really no value in looking back at choices made, and wondering, 'what if?'

You may bump into the person you nearly married and realize you actually dodged a bullet there. Or that job you really wanted but couldn't take, for whatever reason? You get to hear that the person who took it instead had a massive stress meltdown only three years later. These 'near misses' make up for the times you didn't buy something that turned out to be a fantastic investment, or even the holiday you didn't take which your friends say was the best they ever went on.

Maybe in parallel universes there are other 'Comfies' who made the choices I didn't. With hindsight I shudder for some of them. But I'd really love to know what happened to the Comfie who was brave enough to turn her back on convention and follow her dream when she was 23. I'm content with life the way it panned out - but I'd really like to know how hers worked out! It might change the advice I give in future.