IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Your first cell phone

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Vyck, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Ktaylor

Ktaylor New Member

I had that exact same Nokia. The only person I ever talked to was my mother. It had terrible service and I would have to walk around in the front yard to get a connection. I remember being so happy. Technology has come quite far.

2. ShikoKamande

ShikoKamande New Member

My very first cell phone was actually a Nokia 1110. My dad bought it on December 25th 2007. 10 years back! I should say it was like somehow a Christmas gift for me.
    It is a phone I had truly treasured.
    I loved it, took great care for it not to be stolen. The phone lasted for about two years or so. Talk of humble beginnings! :)

3. Ingabo

Ingabo New Member

Nokia 1110, so I might have been bugging my dad about how all my friends had phones except me. Smartphones were not a big deal then, you just had to have a phone.

I very much treasured that phone, and then I grew up, smartphones were all over and I had to break the little guy's electronic heart.

Kieranlewix likes this.
  4. lilmsmisses

lilmsmisses New Member

I'm surprised so many of you remember the models of your cell phones LOL. You guys must have awesome memory... I knew I should have bought the memory support pills lol. Anyway, I know my first phone was a Nokia. I, unlike most of you, don't remember the model, but i can describe the phone. The phone was rectangular without an antenna and it was purple. Man I'll tell you, I thought I was the hippest, coolest chick lol. This post is taking me back...

5. MrThoughter

MrThoughter New Member

My first phone was Nokia 3315. It was actually pre-owned by my mom and was given to me by the time she had a new Sony Ericsson phone. I was a 6th grader that time and phones with colored displays were already popular. I really don't care much back then. What's important for me was to play Snake, Space Impact and Bantumi. My mom intended to give the phone to me so that she could stay in touch with me especially if I go home late. But I really don't like the bulkiness this phone exerted to my pocket which lead me to frequently leave it at home. Also, I don't want to waste my money to buy prepaid load. Every time my mom knew I intentionally left it, she scolds me.

6. Jean Abreu

Jean Abreu New Member

My first cellphone was the very first Sony Xperia. The Xperia X1. I fell in love with the design of that cellphone and I really wanted it. I used to pack bags in a Super market, I was 13 years old. I saved up money until I reached the amount needed for me to purchase it. I loved that it was a windows phone in an era where android was just starting off. There was a fun 3d game included in the phone. The hidden keyboard was really nice, and the interface was fast and attractive. I really enjoyed my first phone, so much and I kept buying Xperia phones for a long time. I had like 5 different Sony Xperia phones. Battery life was good, I could play music and videos on it, use Microsoft office and browse the web. For me it was an excellent flagship on its time.

upload_2018-6-18_10-33-9.jpeg

7. majapile2000

majapile2000 New Member

My first phone was Motorola. Good old Motorola. :D
    In the meantime, I changed a lot of phones. Nokia (several models), LG, Samsung (several models) even now, believe or not I use Samsung. Probably this is a matter of habit (of course also needs!)

8. SweetLang

SweetLang New Member

My first phone is a Nokia 3210. Back then, it's one of the higher end models available. The battery seems to last for weeks. You can also drop that thing from the top of a building and it will probably survive the fall.

9. Eli

Eli New Member

[​IMG]
    This was my first phone: a pink slide-out from Sprint. I got it when I started middle school, since I would be getting dropped off by my grandparents in the morning, and occasionally staying late from clubs.

I absolutely loved this stupid thing :D I felt like a "big kid" (even though everything was disabled except texts and phone calls). I was a bit of a rowdy kid, so thankfully the phone held up through many drops, including several that actually made the battery fly out of the back and across the room. I sometimes miss how durable it was... not sure my iPhone could handle that.

10. zapharia

zapharia New Member

I got my first cell phone, the iPhone 4, at age 8. Personally, I didn't even want a phone, I wanted an iPod touch because that is what all my friends had. However, my mom got me the phone so I could also make calls. All I did was call her on it and play mobile games like Subway Surfers. My friends thought it was lame, and I still wanted the iPod Touch.

11. Ezia

Ezia New Member

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  12. janaya

janaya New Member

This made me nostalgic. I remember the moment I had my first cellphone. We are not that well off but my parents tried hard enough to give us the best that they can give. I was in high school when the Nokia cell phone became popular. All my friends have their cellphone with them and I felt a sting of jealousy. I am not the type of person who asks my parents for anything. One day, I was shocked when my dad asks us to get ready because they will take us somewhere. They take us to the mall to buy a new cell phone. It was like a dream come true for me. I never asked but they know what I like and give to me. But the story never stops there. We bought our cell phones but after a couple of days, it was damaged. We went back to the company where we bought it but they don't want to exchange it where in fact it has a warranty. We started a dispute and even file a case to the authority. My first cell phone's memory was not quite a good one.

13. MCHARLEY

MCHARLEY New Member

I have a fiesta of mobile devices thoughtout my years but my very first phone was a red Motorola flip phone. I remember thinking I was supper cool just because I had a phone and since it was one of the popular phones at the time, I really thought I made it. 41zQckc+gVL.jpg

14. Sammy Kalama

Sammy Kalama New Member

I've officially reached the point in my life that I can now look back nostalgically at my technology past. And since we've been talking about escapism, I thought it would be fun to start off the week with a trip down memory lane.

Lately, I've been thinking about my first cell phone, the Motorola StarTac. It was a dull, clunky flip phone with a retractable antenna. (I'm chuckling as I'm recalling it.) I tried desperately to cover it in stickers and make it look cool, but it was still relatively utilitarian-looking. I remember it was marketed more towards business folk and contractors rather than socially awkward teenagers like me. I needed something hip to fit in with the masses, like a Nokia 3310, but it wasn't offered by Verizon at the time. And anyway, the StarTac was a hand-me-down that was initially meant as a tracking device.

15. anthonyhurtadox

anthonyhurtadox New Member

I was actually late to getting a cell phone and when I did I chose some unknown Lenovo model because it had a large screen. At the time I didn't understand why people preferred smaller phones. I guess they thought the smaller the phone the more advanced it was because they had to create smaller chips. Eventually Samsung phones gave way to the large screen phone trend.

16. Joseph Greer

Joseph Greer New Member

My first cell phone was a flip phone. I don't even remember the name as I got the phone in about sixth grade. I would stay after school and needed a phone to call my parents in emergencies. My little flip phone did the basics, call numbers typed or call numbers saved. There was no texting, games, music, or anything like the smartphones we have now. The most advanced thing my phone could do was change backgrounds and add little banners saying whatever you wanted.