IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Your first MMORPG?

Discussion in 'Games' started by dextergabat98, Aug 28, 2017.

1. dextergabat98

dextergabat98 New Member

My first MMORPG was Luna Online. It was fun when I started but it wasn't the high quality type of game that I was looking for. It was also too childish for me. Luna lasted for a while but it's now closed down. If we were talking about the best one that I've played I would have to say Dragon Nest.

2. huggy212

huggy212 New Member

My very first MMORPG is Ragnarok Online more than 10 years ago. I really enjoyed playing it specially with my cousins and friends. There is a thrill inside me to become strong and defeat strong monsters with my party. I even woke up 3AM in the morning to avoid lag because of high network traffic during daytime here in my country. After class most of my classmates will go to computer shops with me to hunt and raid dungeons. This was not my best MMORPG because I was too young back then that I do not know how to become really strong.

Although I did not become very succesful in that game I can say that I still enjoyed playing it during those days.

3. KhalilaRose

KhalilaRose New Member

My first MMORPG was World of Warcraft. I played it for a good five years or so until real life forced me to go on a hiatus. Sadly, once I had the time again, I had missed too much and just didn't have the same motivation to catch up on all the gear again. It was wonderful when it lasted though. I started a guild, went on raids, made tons of friends, and got pretty good at playing my character. I haven't found another MMORPG that made me feel the same way since. I wonder what it is about WoW that sucks you in and immerses you so completely when there are newer games with much better graphics.

4. Azrile

Azrile New Member

My first game was Ultima Online which I started playing only a year after it launched almost 20 years ago. After playing single player games most of my life, it was really amazing the first time I played and went to a crowded area and realized that all of those other characters had someone else controlling them. Seems basic now, but that particular part of MMORPGs was groundbreaking back then. The game itself was fun and addicting without the leveling grind or gear grind that current games have. In a way, back then it was better because you just developed your character and played the game without having the big feeling of ´needing´ to do a certain thing. You simply did what you thought would be fun or silly at that moment without really focusing on progressing your character.

5. gjgcint

gjgcint New Member

My first MOORPG is Ragnarok Online. It is one of the earliest MOORPG. I remembered that one of my friend invited me to play Ragnarok Online. I remember leveling up with my friends. We do not have any guides and we only use NPC items. It was really fun because everyone is playing it. We constantly talk about Ragnarok even in school during lunch time. Today I am still playing Ragnarok despite of my heavy work schedule.

6. maxwell123

maxwell123 New Member

My first MMORPG was Cabal Online. It was fun although I haven't completed my quests during that time.

7. archelix18

archelix18 New Member

The first MMORPG that I played before, was MU Online. I really like the graphics in that game, very attractive and full of specialization. It is hard at first when your leveling and trying to build your own character, but as the game progress, you will feel the excitement and thrill of the game. The game is very competitive. I think MU Online is one of the very first MMORPG game in Southeast Asia country.

8. Cthaeh

Cthaeh New Member

First MMORPG game I've played would be Tantra Online. Looking back to it now I can say it was a bad game compared to the games I'm playing today, but it still has a place in my heart as the first MMORPG I've played.

9. rrreee

rrreee New Member

Ragnarok online because it was the first MMORPG in the Philippines and everyone was playing it.

10. erictheguy

erictheguy New Member

My first was City Of Heros City Of Villians and I quit playing it when it went F 2 P and I'm wishing I hadn't. But someone in another thread told me they shut it down 3 years ago so I guess I would have been forced to quit playing anyway. I kind of miss that game I had some good memory's from that game.

11. Somethingclever

Somethingclever New Member

My first MMORPG was Wizard 101, but after a week I stopped playing it because in order to advance in the game you had to pay real money and I don't like games like that. I don't mind games that make you pay real money for in game gold/silver/tokens or to get a new character/outfit, but if not paying real money interrupts your overall ability to play the game then that's not a game for me. Also, the game is targeted towards little children because it's advertised all over Nickelodeon, there was filter chat and if you were under a certain age, you needed a parent's approval. I was 18 when I played that game for the first time and most of the players were 10-15. I didn't want to play with mostly children. So, that's another reason I stopped playing. However, if you're new to the whole MMORPG community, then Wizard 101 is a great starter game if you're willing to pay real money for most content. It's user friendly and really simple.

12. Garret

Garret New Member

My first MMORPG was Toontown. It was a game created by Disney and it was my younger self's dream. The story revolved around players named toons who had to defeate the boring, corporate cogs. It seems simple in theory but there were so many strategies and play styles that made the game so much fun to play.

I spent a good couple of years playing daily and made some wonderful memories. Unfortunately, it was shut down a few years ago, but I'll never forget the fun I had.

13. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher New Member

Boy, do I remember my first MMORPG! It was June of 1999 and my cousin introduced me to Everquest and it changed my life forever! I was hooked on that game after the first 10 minutes. I remember I knew nothing about the game and I had a cleric and I was wearing bronze armor and it was so heavy I had to keep casting yelp which was a 10 or 15-second strength buff just to move lol.

And then the other good memory I have is when my cousin paid a wizard for a portal to get to Freeport so that I could buy and sell. And the wizard dropped us off in Oasis and back then you had to bind to an area or when you died you would go back to your bind point. At which that time was in Felwithe. So the whole time from Oasis to Freeport my heart was pounding out of my chest LOL. I still laugh to this day when I think about it lol.

14. akjangra

akjangra New Member

Ha! This takes me back! My first MMORPG was Club Penguin, if someone remembers that. I still distinctively remember seeing an ad on Disney which showed some colorful penguins dancing and flying and jetpacks and stuff. As a kid I was really really attracted by the ad, and signed up the next day!

I have a lot of memories from CP. I used to be a part of a really big CP forum, and that was where I learnt fluent English. In a way, CP has a big part in me as a person today. It was shut down last year after 12 years of being online, to give way to a "sequel" called Club Penguin Island. I'll be honest, I still play Club Penguin Island sometimes. Well, I'm one nostalgic man!

15. akjangra

akjangra New Member

--This was posted by mistake--

16. ghalymt

ghalymt New Member

I still remember my first MMORPG. It was Silkroad Online by Joymax. I think it is still alive. I started playing this game on 2003. It was one of the most famous games in my country at that time. Its only rival was Conquer Online. Many of my friends were playing this game and I know many people who spent lots of money on this game, but also I know people who made a lot of money from this game. I played this game for almost 12 years and I enjoyed every second of that time. I only let it go because of my work, but I still check it from time to time.

Thanks Silkroad for the many friends that I made through you and for the wonderful time that I spent playing you. Thanks Joymax for creating such a wonderful game.

17. Juilee

Juilee New Member

I heard of Dragon Nest but I never tried it. People say that it was good and from the looks of it, it has nice art and the gameplay looks fun. Now onto your question.

My first MMORPG was a flash based RPG game called Adventure Quest. But I abandoned it because it wasn't exactly that fun anymore. It feels like I'm just grinding for gold or levels in order to unlock and buy higher level gears. That online MMORPG still exists, it hasn't close down at all.

In fact, I think they updated it with better art, extra quests, weapons and etc. You can try it out if you are interested because it's free but don't expect something amazing.

18. scottnoo

scottnoo New Member

Just MMO then it is Cross Fire

19. Tomah

Tomah New Member

No Tibia old-schoolers here? Admittedly, it was already a fairly outdated game by the time I played it, and I don't think I played for more than a few days anyway. My "fondest" memory is being trapped by some dude who mocked my nickname and demanded my items, so... yeah, not exactly great first impressions. The first MMO I really got into was Ragnarok as well.

20. 14yumj1

14yumj1 New Member

I'm surprised noone has mentioned Runescape here. I got into in primary fourth grade, and got absolutely addicted for the next five years. As a child ( and now it still somewhat is) it was amazing how I could control a character in a beautiful and amazing fantasy world and do almost every I wanted. Well of course not everything, but as a kid the sandbox and free play elements of Runescape gave me the illusion. I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said Runescape had made me into the person I am today. The friends I made back then in 4th grade because of Runescape, are some of my closest friends today, maybe because of that game I am still so passionate about video games.