1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

CodeViper - New coding channel on YouTube!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KenBrace, Oct 8, 2016.

1. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

Hey everyone. So I've just started a new YouTube channel called CodeViper where I make videos (mostly tutorials) about anything computer/programming related. I'll be releasing new videos every week teaching web design, game development, programming logic, networking, software tutorials, and everything in between.

If you're interested in computers and programming then consider subscribing to stay updated. I'll be releasing new videos frequently.

Much like starting a new forum, it's difficult at first. However, content is key, and I intend to bring a steady stream of valuable, high quality content to the tech community!

If you have any special requests for videos, then don't hesitate to let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers! :)

-Ken

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    jane marie, Kaynil and biege like this.
  2. biege

biege Active Member

Wow! This is cool! I've subscribed already. Have you done Python before? Please share us some videos about it if you have. Thank you for sharing your work with us. More power! :)

KenBrace likes this.
  3. KenBrace

Hey man, thanks for subscribing! It's nice to have the motivation. :)

Yes, I've done some Python. I plan on doing some tutorials on it soon. Will probably start with an introduction video, then move on to more advanced topics.

Anything in particular that you'd be interested to learn in Python?

biege likes this.
  4. biege

biege Active Member

Cool! Thanks! Yeah, I'm actually interested in creating bots for trading and most bots today uses Coffee scripts, Java, and Python. Of all the three, the easiest to learn I believe would be Python programming. I really want to learn to program, but the problem is, I can't find any schools in our country that offers Python programming. Currently, I play an online game that teaches you the basics in programming, it's fun so far but it would be great if I can also find some video tutorials online that I could use as a reference.

5. biege

biege Active Member

BTW, Ken. I've checked your videos, but I have a problem though; I'm having a problem reading the commands. I have to project the computer screen to our TV to see them.

6. KenBrace

Sounds cool. I'll see about doing some Python videos soon.

You bring up a valid point. I need to zoom in on the text so it's easier to read. Thank you for bringing this up. I'll make sure to avoid this in future videos.

Cheeaka and biege like this.
  7. biege

biege Active Member

Anytime! I'll looking forward to your Python videos. Thanks a lot, @KenBrace!

8. KenBrace

I just finished a video and made sure to use a much larger font this time. Do you think the text is just the right size or should it be larger? Also, should I increase the zoom of everything else (browser, filezilla, etc.) and not just the code? Any feedback is appreciated. :)

Cheeaka and biege like this.
  9. biege

biege Active Member

This is great, @KenBrace. For sure, even my Grandma would be able to code in no time if she watch this video. All I'm saying is that this is how all tutorial videos should look like. Well, if you can zoom all steps that would be better, but overall, this is a very good clip.

Kaynil likes this.
  10. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

It could be a profitable idea, though it seems free. Just join the YouTube advertising system and your good to go. However, obviously, you would need a lot of views.

KenBrace likes this.
  11. KenBrace

The channel has exactly three purposes.
    • It's a way to market myself as a software developer. If I make a name for myself in the programming community then it'll open doors that would never be available otherwise.
    • If I gain enough popularity then I might be able to make a decent income via ad revenue.
    • I really enjoy teaching things that I'm passionate about and not only do I love coding but I'm also really good at it. So teaching it is a blast! :cool:

Cheeaka likes this.
  12. Jason76

One problem though is if you have been banned from Adsense. In that case, I think it's impossible to get on the YouTube advertising program.

13. KenBrace

My adsense account is currently in good standing.

Cheeaka likes this.
  14. Jason76

Always in this situation though, is the fact hundreds of other good channels exist. So a major thing to overcome is the competition via advertising, but it will cost a lot. Even your talent might not be enough to get more views, even though the talent might be equal to some of the popular ones out there.

15. KenBrace

Well, I think the key is just to keep uploading. If you just keep on uploading quality content on a frequent basis, then eventually your web will have enough strings that it will start catching a lot of people. It will probably take a couple of years to build up a subscriber base but once you have that, your growth begins to grow exponentially.

Cheeaka, Kaynil and Jason76 like this.
  16. Cheeaka

Cheeaka Well-Known Member

So, if I may ask Mr. KenBrace, do you have a plan or some sort of set schedule in place to handle the workload of your YouTube channel, and the workload of the Forum Wheel?

17. KenBrace

I have so many things going on that it's crazy. TFW and CodeViper are just a few. I don't exactly have a set schedule. I just manage them all as best I can. I've decided to hire on @Happyflowerlady as an assistant so that should help with the workload. It will allow me to process payments faster and start looking into new features.

Jason76, Cheeaka and Happyflowerlady like this.
  18. jane marie

jane marie Well-Known Member

I've subscribed and listened to your vids @KenBrace, your voice is clear and the instructions you give can be easily understood. I like that your intro is minimalistic so you get straight into the demo. It has a good balance of voice and visual instructions which make it an interesting watch. Good job! You'll see me there under the name 'nymaatra horakte'. :)

KenBrace likes this.
  19. KenBrace

Thank you Jane! I saw some of your comments. Really appreciate it. :)

jane marie likes this.
  20. jane marie

jane marie Well-Known Member

You're welcome! ;)