1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Investment option for TFW credits?

Discussion in 'The Forum Wheel' started by KenBrace, Oct 3, 2016.

1. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

So I've been trading the forex markets for the past few months and started doing pretty well. My return last month was 30% and my strategy should be able to return at least 10% per month on average.

I was considering the possibility of opening up a new feature here that offered people the option of investing their credits. We would take 25% or 30% of the increase. It may only be small amounts but (especially for people in poorer countries) those amounts can add up.

So for example...
    • 100 credits ($5) in one year = ~290 credits ($14) [$0.75 per month]
    • 500 credits ($25) in one year = ~1,300 credits ($65) [$3.30 per month]
    • 1,000 credits ($50) in one year = ~2,600 credits ($130) [$5.25 per month]

Maybe it's more trouble than it's worth but it's an idea at least.

Of course, it would be some time before something like this would be possible. I'd want to be able to produce proof of at least a year or so of consistent returns before I started trading with other people's money but yeah it's just something I've considered.

It could work especially well for forum owners. Every time you buy just reserve 10% of that amount and over time you'll build a decent portfolio. You might eventually reach the point to where you can just withdraw from your investment account each month and have a free supply of credits! :eek:

talk2me, biege and Kaynil like this.
  2. biege

biege Active Member

It's a pretty awesome concept, @KenBrace. For an investor like me I would definitely support your idea. It saves us time in doing the investment on our own, and you don't have to learn a lot of stuff in Investing or Trading.

3. talk2me

talk2me Well-Known Member

This is an excellent idea and I would love to go for it. But I doubt if there is any issue with PayPal on this. Do they support such things?

I heard that they block PTC (Paid to Click) sites when they run schemes like this. But I am not sure about this.

4. KenBrace

Well PayPal wouldn't really be involved. You'd place credits into an investment account here on TFW and I'd place that value's worth of money into an account and trade it. When you wanted to withdraw, you'd request an extraction and I'd add the credits to your account and pull the money back into TFW's PayPal. From PayPal's perspective, it's just money going back and forth between the PP account and a bank account.

talk2me likes this.
  5. biege

biege Active Member

How about placing interest on savings? :D

6. KenBrace

Well the account would have to be more than just the regular savings about that we currently have, because transfers from PayPal to the bank take 3-5 days and I can't be constantly making transfers every time someone moves a few credits around.

It would definitely be similar to the savings feature though. Just more official.

7. biege

biege Active Member

I can see your point. Bank mostly use partial amount of money from the savings of their customers in a form of temporary investment. It would take significant number of members to be able to sustain and provide interest. If we have at least 100,000+ members it would be then possible.

I have a question with how you reward your members though. It just came to me out of curiosity. Why not make an automated payment system with Paypal?