1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Issues with some forums

Discussion in 'Content Writers' started by biege, Oct 31, 2016.

1. biege

biege Active Member

Good day, everyone. I've seen some unusual things going on with the list of forums. Are you having the same problem? Please see the details below:

*International forum seems to be dead by now. We don't have any privilege to post and I don't see any new posts.
    *Cosmetic Surgery Forum doesn't seem to accept GMAIL as a subscription email. The site is stating that my email is blocked for some reason but I believe some Writers were able to register without problems. I guess I will have to contact the Forum Admin about this.
    *I've registered with Charter School Forums but I'm unable to subscribe. I guess they don't allow any subscribers right now?
    *I've seen some forum sites that allows rating of 5.0 only, is it possible to get such rating and subscribe with them? Just curious.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

International forum appears dead and then tends to manually approve (or not) in bulk periodically. I have posted a few new threads and not got credit for them till sometimes weeks after so I guess it's up to you if you want to wait that long.
    Cosmetic Surgery forums like you say doesn't appear to accept Gmail addresses for some reason so as you say either use an alternative if you have one, or contact the forum owner to discuss.
    Charter schools forum I have written posts for quite a while now and they do tend to go off-line for a while and then suddenly come back without any warning. I have contacted the owner and am awaiting a response to see if they are using the paid posting service at this time or when they will be using it again.
    As for the forums that require a 5.0 rating, it's up to their discretion really what they set their bar at and if they are happy with what posters they have now, they won't lower that rating and why should they? Forums usually do adjust their rating up and down until they find the right balance for them so just keep posting like you do to get your rating high enough to post on them, or just keep an eye on them until the rating changes is all I can recommend on that one.

Don't know if that helped but that's just my observations on the issues you listed.

biege likes this.
  3. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

Charter School Forums seemed to work fine on Postloop. I don't know what the problem is now.

4. Jason76

Charter School Forums is working now. :)

Kaynil, biege and pwarbi like this.
  5. biege

biege Active Member

*Yeah. I have a problem posting with International Forum. It said that I don't have the privilege to post. lol!
    *As per the Cosmetic Surgery forum, I was right. It's just the GMAIL account that they didn't accept. I did not email them anymore since I was able to sign up with an Outlook account. :)
    *Charter School forum is OK now as per Jason76. I've subscribed and it worked fine.
    *Yes. The 5.0 requirement rating of some forums has been lifted now by some of the forum owners. Except for Leander Tax Forum and EdChat.

I've noticed. Thanks, @Jason76! :D

6. Jason76

Possibly they operate by manually approving accounts. However, they won't approve a anyone. Looking at their posts, I don't see any new posts for months. Maybe they joined The Forum Wheel, but forgot about it. :rolleyes:

7. biege

biege Active Member

Most likely. But I hope the International Forum owner is doing well. :)

Kaynil likes this.
  8. biege

biege Active Member

Are you guys having problems with Christian Forums? It's been two days now and I'm getting the Service Not Available error whenever I open up some of their threads or if I post something.

9. thisnthat

thisnthat Well-Known Member

I seem to be able to post okay, but I haven't been credited.

biege likes this.
  10. biege

biege Active Member

I've tried posting lately but my post can't seem to come through with the Christian Forums. I hope everyone are ok still with the said forum, I can't seem to find any recent posts from the TFW members.

Have you been credited recently with your posts, @thisnthat?