1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Subscription not functioning correctly for me on Camping Babble.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Happyflowerlady, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Happyflowerlady

Happyflowerlady Well-Known Member Moderator

Yesterday, I subscribed to Camping Babble, and made 3 posts. When I looked at my dashboard, the forum showed in my offline subscriptions instead of the active ones, and it showed credit for 2 posts.
    Then, I looked on the forum list to see if Camping Babble had gone offline for some reason (they still had points), and the list showed the forum as online. However, instead of showing me as being subscribed, it shows the padlock on the list.
    I messaged the forum owner, and he replied that I show as an active member of the forum to him.

Today, I looked at the list again because I thought maybe it was the server problem, but it still shows me as locked out, and shows the forum as offline in my list of subscriptions. The post count shows I made 3 posts now, but the status shows credit for 2 of 5 , so the other post has not been counted either.
    I have never seen anything like this before, and since it shows that I am subscribed to the forum owner, there is nothing he can do to fix this.
    Can you please look at this, @KenBrace and see what is happening here ?

2. Happyflowerlady

For some reason, this is still not giving me any credit when I post on Camping Babble. It shows my post count goes up; but the points earned is still the same as after my first 3 posts there when it suddenly stopped working right. When I look at the forum list, it shows as padlocked to me and not like I am subscribed.
    I try making a post every so often, but it never counts as any points when I do. Can you see what is happening here and fix it for me, please ?

3. GearZ

GearZ Well-Known Member Moderator

Is this still a known issue?

4. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

Since we've moved over to a more powerful server and have improved the efficiency of the post tracking code, these issues seem to have been resolved. If this ever happens again then don't hesitate to let me know.

5. Happyflowerlady

I think that what happened is that the rating requirement is set at a 5. It was lowered, and I subscribed, and now it is back at a 5 again, and that unsubscribed me apparently. I didn't know before that when a rating was raised people who were already subscribed to a forum would be dropped from the forum automatically; but there are threads on here about that happening, and I think that is what happened with me, too.
    There is a change in post count every time I make a post there, but it does not count as points; so the whole thing is kind of a Twilight Zone area as to whether I am actually subscribed or not.
    It still shows up as padlocked to me in the forum list, but also shows that I am a member of the forum in my subscription page.

Kaynil likes this.
  6. GearZ

GearZ Well-Known Member Moderator

That is odd as, AFAIK, them changing the rating wouldn't result in being unsubscribed. Not to mention setting their rating that high will result in very few subscribers, but that is their call.

Happyflowerlady likes this.