1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Activation Link

Discussion in 'General Support' started by darkshadow0001, Dec 22, 2016.

1. darkshadow0001

darkshadow0001 New Member

Hello, I am new and am interested in this site. However, I don't think my initial activation link was sent to my email yet. I have made my first 10 posts in the Gateway form, but when I tried to subscribe I get the message "You must activate your account and become an approved writer before you can start subscribing to forums". Any help would be great as to find out how if my activation link as been sent.

Thanks,
    Frank

2. Cheeaka

Cheeaka Well-Known Member

If I'm correct, I think after you post on the Gateway forum, you will not be able to subscribe to write on forums until after you are approved by staff as a writer.

You'll know when this happens because you will receive an e-mail saying something like, 'congratulations, you are approved...'

After you receive your approval message (and rating) you will be able subscribe to, and write on, forums.
    It might take awhile before you hear back from staff, or it could be very soon, but either way, good luck:)!

KenBrace likes this.
  3. darkshadow0001

Okay. That may be so then, I watched a video on how to use this site and it showed to subscribe to the Gateway forum first and then write your first ten posts, and then you would get approved. Maybe that is not so anymore. If I am able to log into my dashboard, does that mean my account is activated?

Thanks,
    Frank

4. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

Keep in mind that subscribing is not the same as registering. A lot of people experience confusion is that area.

Currently there are no writers waiting for approval. Are you certain that you've completed all of the following steps...?
    • Register at the Gateway.
    • Subscribe to the Gateway.
    • Complete 10 posts.

Cheeaka likes this.
  5. darkshadow0001

I registered at the Gateway, completed the 10 posts, but could not subscribe because my account must be activated. After I registered, I do not think an activation link was sent to my email... I think that is the problem, because my account is not fully activated yet

6. KenBrace

Your account has been manually approved. You should be able to subscribe now.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  7. darkshadow0001

It still says I am unable to subscribe that my account needs to be activated. When I signed up, it had problems sending me my activation link. If it does start working, do I need to redo my ten posts?

8. KenBrace

No, there is no reason to redo the ten posts. I activated it again. Let me know if it works.