1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

More rating issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by to7update, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail Active Member

I'm also having the same issue. I received a new rating of 3.7 and from my previous rating of 4.8, it's now down to 2.6 which totally affects my credit per post :( I hope this bug will be fixed as soon as possible :(

2. to7update

to7update Well-Known Member

Yeah, @KenBrace definitely needs more support staff with capacity to decide on this, because having our earnings cut and having no feedback about it is really messing my working spirit here. Just giving Ken the benefit of the doubt because he has always been a 5 stars guy, but this is too much now.

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Yeah I understand. I was really sad about this since TFW is one of my main source of income and it has been great since the first time I became a writer here, I just hope that this issue will get fixed as soon as possible. I believe @KenBrace is doing all the best he could to fix this issue and accommodate us all so I guess we should just wait.

Kaynil likes this.
  4. Happyflowerlady

Happyflowerlady Well-Known Member Moderator

The Forum Wheel is not a work-from-home job, and should not be considered as such. If all a person is here for is to earn money, then you have missed the whole idea of TFW and are probably in the wrong place.
    This is a great place where people who enjoy writing can be involved on forums that they are interested in, and also receive a little compensation for doing so, in return for being a valuable poster.
    This whole website is owned and managed by @KenBrace , who also has a real life to live and a job to work.
    He is revamping a rating system that did not work well, and making it into one where quality posters can receive proper ratings for their work, and those who do not contribute much to the forum will receive a rating that shows where they need improvement.
    We, as writers, should always strive for improvement, and one of the best ways to learn is from communication with the forum owners as to what they are looking for in our posts.
    This new rating system will facilitate that.
    It might take a little while to get all of the little discrepancies fixed and working properly; and in the meantime, we can just keep on writing and enjoying the forums that we are already subscribed to. Once the system is fully in place, it should be very beneficial for us when we want to join a new forum, as well as for the forums where we are currently writing posts.

Jasmin Cottontail and KenBrace like this.
  5. to7update

Happyflowerlady likes this.
  6. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

Hi everyone. The new rating system works differently than the old one. A 3.0 is equivalent to what used to be a 4.0.

NEW 2.5 = OLD 3.7
    NEW 3.0 = OLD 4.0
    NEW 4.0 = OLD 4.5
    etc.

I've changed the algorithm a little so that a 3.0 actually equals a 4.2. This will remain until enough new ratings have been received.

Kaynil and Happyflowerlady like this.
  7. to7update

What about the points, cut from 2.2 to 1.45, is this a new payment system too, cut down to almost half?

Kaynil likes this.
  8. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

I received my one and only rating of 4.5 so why does it show's as a 3 on my dashboard then?

9. talk2me

talk2me Well-Known Member

I think the new rating system is more effective and specific and it can give accurate ratings. But there are are serious bugs that make it quite confusing now.

For example for six parameters I got 6+4+4+4+4+1 and the average is shown as 3.17. I think it should be 3.83 if we take simple average of all these scores, like :

(6+4+4+4+4+1)
    -------------------- = 3.83.

I don't know if system uses any other method to arrive at the final score.

I also have the following doubts in mind :
    • I have been rated as "1" in "rule following". That means "terrible" and I wanted to know what I did so wrong to get me the lowest rating here. I also wrote to the forum owner to guide me on this so that I can improve.
    • In "general" category I have been given "6" but is it possible on a 5 point scale"

Kaynil likes this.
  10. Jasmin Cottontail

I also used this formula to compute my rating percentage which is 5+4+3+4+2+1 and the average they gave is 2.63 when it should be 3.1. So yes it's kinda confusing.

Have you received this from Bloated Toads? They also gave me a 1 for the Rule category but I believe I'm following their rules. Not sure what I did wrong :(

talk2me likes this.
  11. talk2me

Have you received this from Bloated Toads? They also gave me a 1 for the Rule category but I believe I'm following their rules. Not sure what I did wrong :([/QUOTE]

You are right. I got this rating from Bloated Toads (the only one rating I have now). But I haven't even posted in their new setup. In fact I could not log in due to some technical errors so I gave it a pass. I wonder why he rated me now.

12. Happyflowerlady

This is what happened with me, too; but I just hit the subscribe button and it re-subscribed me with no problems. I really enjoy that forum, so I am glad that they put it back on again.
    So far, it is the only one who has rated me, and I got the 1 rating for rule following, too. I looked, and could not even find rules; so I think that they just entered a 1 because they didn't know what it should be. This whole new rating system is new to the forum owners, too.
    Putting a 3 for average would have been a lot better choice, and I am sure eventually, it will all be working right.

Kaynil and talk2me like this.
  13. KenBrace

It was a bug that caused the 1.0 rating for the "Rules" section. I fixed it by changing all 1.0 rule ratings to 5.0. That will help the rating avg which will also boost your account rating.

Kaynil, Happyflowerlady and pwarbi like this.
  14. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that the changes will take a little while to take effect? I've just looked on my dashboard and the rating is still 1 so before we all start complaining again, haha! Is it worth us waiting 24 hrs or a certain amount of time for it to take effect?

Kaynil and talk2me like this.
  15. KenBrace

They should take effect immediately. Can you send me a screen shot of the rating?

pwarbi likes this.
  16. Happyflowerlady

Here is what mine looks like, and the numbers do not make any sense to me at all, @KenBrace . I am still at a 1 for rules, and not much better for grammar, and the rest of it is just plain strange.
    IMG_0212.JPG

17. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

Actually, 3.6 isn't a bad rating.

18. penelope

penelope Well-Known Member

It's been redefined as not a bad rating, but regardless of what you call it, it's a pay cut.

19. Happyflowerlady

No, and I am not saying that the rating itself is bad. But when you look at the stats underneath, they are fractional, and don't fit with any kind of a 1-5 rating system that I can tell.
    How on earth can I get a "10" for post length in a 1-5 rating system, and also getting the exact same answer for grammar and interaction with FOUR decimal spaces......what is that all about ?
    Hopefully, Ken can explain what it all means.

20. talk2me

I too hope so. However, I don't think this is complaining but a proper feedback is required to make the system perfect.