1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Required Rating Changes No Longer Affect Current Subscribers

Discussion in 'Content Writers' started by to7update, Dec 20, 2016.

1. to7update

to7update Well-Known Member

Actually, just this morning I posted on Girl love Girl Forum and now the rating is 4.8 and I am no longer subscribed, so maybe this isn't working just yet @KenBrace?

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the changes will only come into effect moving forward, rather than apply to the forums that have already raised their rating and locked the existing members out? Maybe they have to lower their rating again so we become active, then raise them again for the feature to work...I don't know?

Kaynil likes this.
  3. to7update

I can't say, today I am back in so maybe they lowered the rating?

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

They lowered the rating from 4.8 to 4.5 so you would be now, and if they raise the rating you should stay subscribed unless they specifically lock you out. Think that's how it works.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

Having said that though, it's now showing that I am still subscribed again on the forums page, but not on my subscription page on my dashboard. I've made one post and not been credited for it so I give up. Back over to @KenBrace again I'm afraid, haha.

Kaynil and to7update like this.
  6. to7update

LOL good effort though @pwarbi. :)

7. Happyflowerlady

Happyflowerlady Well-Known Member Moderator

I have the same kind of issue with Camping Babble. My subscription page shows I am subscribed, but that it is offline to me. When I look on the forums page, then it shows that I am not subscribed and the forum is padlocked to me. Until this is working right, there is no sense in trying to subscribe to this forum again I guess.

pwarbi likes this.
  8. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

Mine is the opposite, haha. On the forum page I have a big red X at the side to show that I am subscribed now whereas before it changed to the padlock, but on my dashboard it's not showing up on my list of subscriptions. I posted one comment but it didn't register, and I've unlinked my account and linked it again and still no joy. I'm sure it will get sorted eventually so I'm not too concerned.

9. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Active Member

I was posting on Girl love Girl Forum until not even a half hour ago. I log back on and there's a lock on it stating 4.8 rating. Will this change? I was posting with a 4.6

10. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

I just ran an update to refresh all subscriptions so that previous deactivations due to a raised minimum rating will no longer apply.

Let me know if it's working for you.

Cheeaka likes this.
  11. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Active Member

Thank you Ken Brace. Yes I am able to post through my dashboard subscriptions, but on the main forums page there is still a lock on it, and now it says 5.0 rating needed. So far I am able to post through my dashboard and I'm getting credits.

12. KenBrace

You will still be restricted by rating requirements. They just won't apply to forums that you are ALREADY subscribed to.

13. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Active Member

Hey Ken Brace, I just received an alert that my Girl love Girl forum was deactivated. I'm confused here. I was a subscribed member now deactivated.

14. KenBrace

This has nothing to do with a site deactivating. If the owner no longer wants people posting then they can disable the site. If the site runs out of credits to pay writers then obviously people can't write until they buy more credits. This thread has to do with a new feature that doesn't disable subscriptions due to the writer no longer meeting the minimum rating requirement.

15. talk2me

talk2me Well-Known Member

Hi,

I think it's not working. I just checked it on Anxiety forum. I made a post there but it's not getting credited. I was working on this forum before they raised the minimum rating to 4.9.

16. KenBrace

The admin of that forum requested an exception so it will continue to disable subscriptions that no longer meet the rating requirement.

to7update and talk2me like this.
  17. to7update

Apart from Anxiety everything is working as indicated, good job! :)

KenBrace likes this.
  18. talk2me

I think this is not working for any forums as of now. I am not able to post in most the forums due to increase in rating requirement. Post my revised rating I think I am out of these forums.

Please confirm if I can continue posting in these forums as a paid member. Latest exclusions are from Starlight Baby Forums and Tutto Italy.

19. KenBrace

What forums are you having problems with?

20. talk2me

Star Light Baby and Tutto Italy forums show a lock sign at the end with a high rating requirement. But I was working with them earlier as a paid member.