1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Kaacu - Forum Owner of Outdoor Adventure Holds My membership

Discussion in 'Forum Owners' started by Nocturnal Writer, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Well-Known Member

I receive a message from Kaacu, the forum owner of Outdoor Adventure Forum taking cognizance of my username in which I quote here:

"For one thing, you user name 'Nocturnal Writer' seems suggesting you're a pro writer rather than an individual adventure lover. May I remind you to have a better user name to represent yourself? Thanks again and hope you enjoy the forum. Cheers,"

I prefer Nocturnal Writer as my username for I use to do writing job during night time. I am a busy person and I work during the day time. And I am free during the night. Writing is my hobby and it is in doing it that I could share my thoughts, my experiences. How I wish I could change it to comply with your suggestion but it is impossible for me to do it.

Could help me or wouldn't you mind changing it for myself? I would change it to Gilbore, the boy scout, the wood badge holder. In that point, it is more realistic that I am actually an adventurer, I do love nature. I do love outdoor outing or camping.

2. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

Yeah, it's definitely important to consider the type of site that you're on. Forum owners want people there who vibe with the rest of the community. The last thing they want is a site filled with people who are obviously just posting to make money. That's why "The Forum Wheel" should never be mentioned on the forum. Posts need to look natural and so do the users. Perhaps "Nocturnal Writer" is not a good username because it reveals that you're a paid poster, which is a bad thing. Maybe "Nocturnal Thinker" or something along those lines. You can still keep the "Nocturnal" part, just not the "Writer" part. If it's a forum about camping and outdoor adventures, then perhaps "Nocturnal Camper"?

GearZ likes this.
  3. Nocturnal Writer

I got it. Thank you for the good suggestion. You're right my username is misleading or restricting to a paid writer or writing for money. I would have to change it. In the case of TFW, could I have the option to change it as "Nocturnal Thinker" which seems appropriate?

4. penelope

penelope Well-Known Member

The name you use on the forums does not need to be your wheel user name. I use a half a dozen different names on the forums to better look like a normal user for that site. Just go to the profile for that particular forum and change the username, or start a new profile under a new name of that is not possible.

Nocturnal Writer likes this.
  5. Nocturnal Writer

Thanks @penelope I will do that. I never ever thought that before not until one admin calls my attention.

6. KenBrace

You can keep whatever username you want here on TFW. Those are just suggestions for the forums you post under. Everyone already knows that the people here are paid posters.

Cheeaka and Nocturnal Writer like this.
  7. Nocturnal Writer

In the future forums that I would be subscribing, I would strengthen my username to look natural. But in my present forums which I am writing with, it is impossible to correct or change my username anymore.

8. KenBrace

That should be fine. I wouldn't worry about the sites you've already registered for.