1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Glitch in rating system

Discussion in 'Forum Owners' started by Jason76, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

If you are rating someone and you click the link which goes to your own forum and it's list of his/her posts, then sometimes it goes to a different user, not the one being rated.

2. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha Well-Known Member

I don't know if what I am about to mention is also a glitch. I have 3.6 now thanks to you :).

I recently was rated 3.4 by onlinerevenue forum and I was scared my rate will fall down but it was still at 3.6 :) so I was happy. I got another rate of 4.0 and I was thinking there will be a change but it is still at 3.6. I am not complaining since my rate is high enough for me but I don't know how rates change in forumwheel :)

Kieranlewix likes this.
  3. Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix Well-Known Member

I think when you get a new rating, the average rating on your dashboard is a total of all the ratings you have received divided by the number of times you've been rated. That is why you may find that a drop and rise in your rating will not affect your average unless it's a very big drop or rise. Am I making any sense? I kind of lost the meaning in the explanation.

mildredtabitha likes this.
  4. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

That is correct. It's an average of all your active ratings.

Kieranlewix likes this.
  5. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

MayI butt in for my 2 cents on the issue of rating. I don't get the logic of having old ratings being relevant. Ratings of dead forums - those inactive in the Forum Wheel for 1 year - should not be counted anymore because it doesn't make sense. Only the ratings of active forums should count in the computation of the average rating.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    Heatman and mildredtabitha like this.