1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

THIS IS VERY UNFAIR

Discussion in 'General Support' started by cherry, Jun 24, 2018.

1. cherry

cherry Member

Hello Admin,

I was banned from your site since last week and I was asked to write to find out why and I did but till now no response from you. I wouldn't mind to know why I was banned.I don't think I violated any rules if I did please let me know,I was only posting to a forum which I had knowledge about the topics there and there wasn't any problem, so where did the ban come from. please reply on what cause the ban.I'm very much eager to know.

2. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

Hi cherry! No rules were violated. The ban was placed because of poor grammar. I dislike banning a member when no rules were broken but good quality content is a top priority.

3. penelope

penelope Well-Known Member

Brushing up on how to punctuate a sentence with a capital letter at the start, and period and space at the end, would be one step towards earning as a forum poster.

4. Happyflowerlady

Happyflowerlady Well-Known Member Moderator

The posts that @cherry wrote on the Gateway seem like good posts, and the only other rating that I can see that she received was a 4.1 from another forum that she was in.
    Have you seen the posts she made that caused her to be banned for her grammar and spelling , @KenBrace ?

You might not know, but I was actually banned from a forum recently, and the given reason was that I had poor grammar and needed to use spell-check.
    All of the posts that I made on the forum showed that they had been “edited” , but every post looked just like it did when I posted it.
    Even when I sent a screenshot of the post before posting it, it was still claimed that it didn’t come through that way, but it still looked identical to what was on the forum.

Here is a screenshot of the message I was sent when I was banned. One of the sentences in this message written to me (by the forum owner ) is almost five lines long, and has at least 14 punctuation marks in it.

35CF017B-CCC0-439C-977A-4E22C4474504.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  5. to7update

to7update Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was banned from DigitalGlobal too, only allowing 5 posters really reduces things I believe...

Happyflowerlady likes this.
  6. penelope

penelope Well-Known Member

Requiring daily posting seems pretty unreasonable. It should at least be stated up front so people not available that often don't waste their time.

Kaynil and Happyflowerlady like this.
  7. Happyflowerlady

I actually had been posting each day, but every post that I made would then show that it had been “edited”, even though it looked exactly like it did when I wrote it and posted it.
    Finally, I wrote a post, took a screenshot (before it was submitted), and then submitted the post, so that I could show the forum owner that the posts looked exactly the same before and after the moderator’s “editing”.
    Even then, the forum owner insisted it was wrong, so I then stopped posting every day until we could figure out why the posts didn’t look right to the moderator.
    This was when they banned me from the forum; but I had no idea WHY that was done, so I wrote to ask why I had been banned.
    The above screenshot is the answer that I received.

to7update likes this.
  8. to7update

Crazy, we used to post a lot there, and all of a sudden they change the rules. They could have simply been honest about it instead of banning people and making us lose time contacting them about it.

9. to7update

Was cherry banned just because of this forum @KenBrace?

10. Happyflowerlady

That was my question as well, @to7update .
    If so, then probably every person who was subscribed to DG will also be banned from TFW, because the forum owner has just said (in another thread here ) that he banned every single writer from his forum and the reason given was bad grammar.
    Even @Alexandoy was banned , and he is probably the most prolific writer on Forum Wheel.

Otherwise, if no other forum has banned @cherry for her posts, maybe Ken can remove her ban as well and let her post on TFW again.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    to7update and Alexandoy like this.
  11. DigitalGlobal

DigitalGlobal Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    https://digitalglobal.com
    It is a sign of disrespect to write on a forum in a manner that other visitors have to struggle reading content. We can deal with minor grammar issues, however, when the entire post is made up of broken English, then that is not acceptable; Broken English is a sign of low quality, and does not promote forum health in the eyes of Google, and I am not sure why anyone is shocked. DGStaff and I have sent warnings to improve English, and these warnings fell on deaf ears. Forum members cannot write good English, or they simply do not care, and if I remember correctly, everyone was advised to write in their own language, then translate to English using an online translator, and this would only take an extra few seconds, and this also fell on deaf ears. I find it more cost-effective to write high-quality blog articles, then continuing allowing forum members to create broken English content.

I do not like banning anyone, but at the same time, I simply can not sit back, and allow the forum to fill up with content that is written very poorly and this is no different than watching money being flushed down the toilet. This would be a good time for @KenBrace to come up with an addon that would allow forum members to write in their native language, then the forum would convert that post to English when that post is submitted, however, I am not sure if an addon like this would even be possible, as it would be complex, and it is possible that the converted post may not come out, and even that post would be filled with language issues as a result of converting one language to another.

@Happyflowerlady you also did not tell the full story, as you stopped posting, in order to keep my console from filling up with inactive users, then you were banned, however, I also lifted your ban, and invited you back to test the new theme, however, since you never came back, then you were banned again. @to7update stopped posting, and he/she was banned also, and since there were other members doing somewhat better, then there was no reason for bringing him or her back, and I disagree that @Alexandoy is a prolific writer, as I have not run across anyone yet that can write decent English, and I suspect this person also was banned for grammar/English issues, however, it has been a while, and bad English and inactive users are the main reasons.

take a few minutes to actually read some of the posts on DG, some posts are not that bad, however, most of them are written very poorly, and poorly written content is of no use to any forum, and if this is too much to ask for, then I am sorry to say, we can not use you.

@Happyflowerlady please see attached image. This is how your posts appeared on DG, and it appears that the forum was not the problem after all, as I have taken a screenshot of your actual post on FW.

as far as @cherry is concerned; All I can say is "I DONT KNOW" The name sounds familer, however, I have quite a bit going on, and it is safe to say that I just do not remember.

I am currently working on a community guest blogging platform, so guest bloggers can submit their articles/content for readers and visitors, and this platform will be treated no different than the forum, so if guest bloggers submit quality content ie: broken English, duplicate content, etc, then this content will be removed. DG will never become any kind of authority site if we continue to allow content that Google simply is not looking for. I know this means nothing to you, however, for a site, it means everything, so if I have to decide between quality, and zero, then I will have to go with zero, because low-quality junk content is not an option, and this is not personal, it is just my long-term business strategy.

We do not expect anyone to be a Guru/master grammar/English writer with a degree, and we all make grammar mistakes, however, you must write basic grammar/English in a manner that EVERYONE can read and understand and broken English that is written badly is far below standards of basic grammar/English writing, and I mean US English, not your version of English in your own country.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      185.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  12. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

No need to waste time on a nonsense forum.

to7update and DigitalGlobal like this.
  13. DigitalGlobal

Home Page:
    You are so right.

14. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

@Alexandoy is an excellent writer in all aspects!

15. Heatman

Heatman Well-Known Member

Exactly! I look forward to emulating him with how he writes both in replies and new thread. Keep up the good work @Alexandoy.

Alexandoy likes this.
  16. to7update

Thank you for dropping by @theforumwheel @DigitalGlobal - next time maybe there's no need to ban all the writers? :D

Mantis and Happyflowerlady like this.
  17. DigitalGlobal

Home Page:
    It is possible that I may open the forum up in 2-3 weeks, however, if posters do not improve their writing skills, then we will just repeat this cycle again. DGStaff has two complaints. English and grammar issues are at the top of the list followed by not enough new topic content...

now is not a good time to allow posters back on the forum since DGStaff went on vacation with her husband, and I am waiting for the new forum design to be completed; I am also wrapping up the new design for Digital Global News which will be powered by WordPress.

18. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

Happyflowerlady's post wasn't "mashed up". She wrote something grammatically correct (to a higher standard than most TFW users which I know after listing a forum here for over a year) and your complaint is just that she didn't space her lines the way you wanted. I still feel her post is easily readable. It simply does not meet your own standard, which is hypocritical as you sent her a message with a sentence that's 89 words long with 14 commas. Coincidentally, another of your sentences in this very thread is also 89 words long and others are almost as long as that.

To reiterate what you said, you should consider installing Grammarly. When you don't punctuate a post properly and fail to use full stops (perhaps periods to you) it reads like you can't stop talking and should probably take a breather. Grammarly should correct your own grammar issues. Practise what you preach, seriously.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    Alexandoy and Happyflowerlady like this.
  19. Happyflowerlady

C72B9A6B-D185-46CA-A105-2D5E0C2087B1.jpeg

KenBrace and Mantis like this.
  20. DigitalGlobal

Home Page:
    I, guess, everyone, on, this, forum, is, the, perfect, writer, right?
    Since, Grammarly, did, not, correct, any, of these, errors, then, it is, the worst, spell, check, I have ever used.

seriously, it is "practice" not "Practise"
    so your grammar and punctuation are incorrect.

IMO, happyflower was never banned due to bad grammar.
    She simply stopped posting, and I have to make room for those that want to post.

Have A Great Day.