1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Hope Ken is Alright?

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Anachiwo, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Anachiwo

Anachiwo Member

It's a while since we saw @KenBrace break light here on the forum. I can't help but worry if all is well with him and that he is alright. I just pray nothing is wrong with him because this is the longest time he has been off from the site.

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

It looks like Ken is visiting this site only once a month. In his last post, he said that he was having a problem with the numerous payouts and he had to use his own money for payment.

3. penelope

penelope Well-Known Member

All that tells me is that this place is running in the red. Cash out while you still can.

Kaynil and Alexandoy like this.
  4. picasso

picasso Active Member

Wishing Ken well! and hope he gets around to payments soon.

5. Alexandoy

I received a payment last week of $25 although there was a fee deducted in the amount of $1.40. That means Ken was here last week.

Kaynil and picasso like this.
  6. Anachiwo

Anachiwo Member

Wow, that's great.

Even though he didn't respond to all my private messages.
    Please @KenBrace, I'm awaiting your response.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  7. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

That's a bummer to hear to that Ken hasn't been seen much around lately.
    I too hope he's doi8ng alright. He has always been a hardworking guy from what I've had the pleasure to witness in this site.
    If things are going dire to the point of having to use his own money it is probably really affecting him on top or whatever other things he could be dealing with at the time. Hopefully we get to hear from him soon enough.

8. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

Things do seem rather dire here lately. Content from TFW has flatlined on my forum. It was going okay and I was happy with the current posters so I closed new subscriptions. Now TFW posters aren't showing up. I opened subscriptions again, but with a 3.8 requirement which I wouldn't say is unreasonable. Forum owners who set requirements of, say, 1.0 are asking for trouble.

However, if anybody with a lower rating wants to join Outlaw Star Nexus I could arrange it so long as proof of prior quality posts is provided. I'm sure you can understand why.

Happyflowerlady likes this.
  9. mbuzma

mbuzma Active Member

I cashed out almost a month ago, still haven't received payment. That doesn't bode well for this site. Inconsistency is also a big problem. Sometimes you can earn 30 + $ in a month, other times you'd be lucky to earn 5 $ which is honestly a worthless amount for most.
    That might be driving people (writers) away.

10. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

You're right there. I can't relate since I'm making payments rather than receiving them here, but I hope Ken can rectify that soon. As for the inconsistency, I suppose that's to an extent out of Ken's hands. It's probably more due to forums' popularity declining by the day, as well as the domino effect of forums leaving TFW. It's really a team effort to make a service like this work.

11. mbuzma

mbuzma Active Member

It's entirely out of his hands, I know that. But it is still a problem.
    Having almost no forums to write on for sometimes months in a row can discourage people.

Heatman likes this.
  12. Heatman

Heatman Well-Known Member

Probably with time everything would come back to normal.

It would be a shameful thing if TFW fades off as a result of this. Personally, I wouldn't be happy at all because I love it here.

13. to7update

to7update Well-Known Member

Thing is theforumwheel, as it happened with Postloop, doesn't give enough money to the owners, who find better things to occupy their time with. It's simply not a profitable model. Not even the writers are paid that much, even if it's better than nothing.

It's a dead model I think.

14. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

To be honest my best paid poster is from Fiverr. But there's literally nobody except that person who has shown me they can do a proper job or fit the proper criteria as a forum poster. So if you're very serious about forum posting and you're good at it, all I'm saying is that if TFW goes under, Fiverr appears to be an untapped revenue source as far as paid posting goes. However, I'm hoping that won't happen as TFW is a great place and I find that its system is very easy to use. Not to mention, its means of payment appears to be more accessible to people with direct PayPal transfers.

It's unfortunate what's happening but I hope Ken will at least give us an update on the situation.

to7update, Kaynil and Happyflowerlady like this.
  15. Happyflowerlady

Happyflowerlady Well-Known Member Moderator

I haven’t had any responses to my messages, either. I know of a couple possible new forums that might come here, but there is no sense to even suggest it unless Ken is going to keep TFW going.
    I accidentally locked myself out of the Gateway, so I can’t even get in there to delete the spam posted anymore, and unless Ken unlocks it for me, I am not going to be able to help anyone needing help at Gateway either.

Heatman and Mantis like this.
  16. Heatman

Hopefully, he gets back sooner rather than later because it would do the platform a lot of good to have him around and more active.

Even sent for a withdrawal since last week, hoping he attends to it.

17. Alexandoy

For an update, I got paid the other day after 1 week of my withdrawal. That means Ken was around.

Heatman likes this.
  18. Heatman

That's great.

I will wait for him then.

19. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

Hey everyone! I've been working through some personal circumstances the past couple of months that have really eaten up my time and focus. Just want to let ya'll know I'm back and will resume speedy payments and support. Thanks for all the patience guys!

Kaynil, to7update, Alexandoy and 4 others like this.
  20. Heatman

That's awesome. Welcome back my friend. I hope everything is sorted out properly now.

I never lost hope in TFW and you.

KenBrace likes this.