1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

3.0 writers are stuck for now

Discussion in 'Content Writers' started by Kaynil, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

This is a problem for any new writer joining right now and old writers that for one reason or another got this rating right now.

In my case I used to have a rating near 4, but then when the rating system was upgraded we were resetted, which I understand, unfortunately I got busy and I couldn't work fast on regaining it and since some months ago I have found really hard to find a community open to give a chance for us to prove ourselves and rebuild reputation.

This is what I see right now:
    threepointzeroRightNow.PNG
    There are currently three communities that allows for writers with a rating of 3.0 to post.
    - Biz Cafe, which now seems to redirect somewhere else so it is not viable.
    - SEO Forums, I actually was subscribed to before and it was a bit of a pain but right now it seems like the forum doesn't exist anymore so it is yet another forum not viable.
    - Kenyans Forum, which specifically makes a rule that only people from Kenya can join.

The only saving grace was Forum Promotion a little while ago but I couldn't subscribe given that I am a well-known member already.

Anyway, I am saying this not just for the staff to weed out not working forums and hopefully come up with a way for smaller writers to get a head start in order to increase our initial rank. I am also saying it to let the forum owners know what can be part of the lack of activity.

If there is any forum owner willing to give me a chance let me know. From what's available I am good with general, video games and anime. I have done well with health-related communities. I am fine researching if I need for other communities with specific topics. I'll be happy to do a trial. You can lower your score temporarily to let me and/or the people in a similar situation.

Thank you for your time.

Alexandoy and Happyflowerlady like this.
  2. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

Hey guys, there are a bunch of USA only forums so if you are from the USA, go for it!

... I live in Australia. ^^U

3. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

Can the staff weed out the non-working forums or is that something that only @KenBrace can do?
    'BizCafe' and 'SEO Forums' are no longer working. It doesn't look good and it is giving me false hope every time I log in. :p

Once again, if any writer out there is looking for more members and wants to give me a go, feel free to shoot me a PM method.
    With both being online, you can lower your entry to 3.0 just for me to subscribe to your community. From there I will work to engage in your community and give you quality posts following your rules.

Happyflowerlady likes this.
  4. Happyflowerlady

Happyflowerlady Well-Known Member Moderator

I am the only moderator here , and all I can do is try to help people. As far as weeding out forums, only @KenBrace can do things like that, and he has better communication with the forum owners to make those decisions.
    I have no idea why the forum owners would keep their forum online here when no one can join it or make posts, and they are the only one besides Ken who can take their forum offline or change anything , except that they can raise the rating to where no one can join, and then at least, no one would still be attempting to register with those forums.

As far as the necessary rating for a forum, that can easily be worked out between the forum owner and the content writer. All the owner has to do is lower the rating long enough for the writer to subscribe to the forum, and then raise it back up.
    As a writer, I have sometimes simply just registered at a forum, and written posts for a few days or a week to let the forum owner see whether he thinks I am a good fit for that forum.

You can always register and make posts, you just can’t subscribe and get points for what you write.
    Contacting the forum owner and offering to write some posts is a good way to prove the quality of writer that you will be for the forum you want to join.
    Then, the forum owner can lower the rating requirement long enough for you to subscribe, and once you are a regular writer there, then you should also get a good rating which will help you to join other forums.

Kaynil and Anachiwo like this.