1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Why my dashboard is empty?

Discussion in 'The Forum Wheel' started by Nocturnal Writer, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Well-Known Member

I was to reset my password. Then I gained entry to support page. I went to My Dashboard to my surprise I got zero data or its empty.

Please do something about this so
    I could activate my writing participation here. I hadn't mistaken I had an outstanding balance of $60.

I think .

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

It may be the technical enhancement that the site is undergoing. Posts are not credited.

3. Nocturnal Writer

Probably for TFW is under new ownership and there are lots to take care of. Glad to meet you here my friend. This is Nakitakona. Remember?

4. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Member Administrator

Keep posting any bugs you see. We moved the site to a new server. Sometimes problems like this happen with proprietary software and they take a little time to sort out.

5. Nocturnal Writer

Thanks for giving time on this issue. I am so glad that it has come to your attention and you're trying to resolve. Now I know and understand the real score of the problem.

6. HarleyQuinn

Could someone who had an issue with credits crediting tell me if you're still having an issue with credits. The cron jobs are back in place and running, but I'll need someone to confirm either way so that I can investigate further.

Also, the script that calculates ratings is working again.

7. Nocturnal Writer

I have still the same problem. It hasn't solved yet. I couldn't log in to TFW but here in support I could access support or gateway. But when I click my dashboard, an error message.

When can I access it?

8. HarleyQuinn

When I log in as you, I can see the dashboard, and everything is there. There is no error message. Tell me what Browser and Operating System you are attempting to access from and please upload a screenshot of what you're seeing when you attempt to get to the dashboard.

However, anything that is used to send email, such as the password reset tool, needs to be rewritten. The scripts were initially written to go through mail services on the same server. But mail services on this server are entirely shut off.

This is done for good reason. The server can't been taken down by flooding it with email requests. Also, if the server goes down, you don't lose access to both the server and email. But it does mean that time now needs to be taken to rewrite the script for this server.

I'm also looking into why the passwords between the gateway and the TFW part of the site aren't syncing.

I'll kick through these issues as quickly as possible, but I can't give a specific ETA as I might have to pause to take care of other work.

Nocturnal Writer likes this.
  9. Nocturnal Writer

I am using Google chrome in my cellphone.

I try to reset my password. The prompt says error in sending password reset link. Since you said that mail services on that server are entirely shut off, therefore I couldn't reset my password then.

Couldn't you send me my password from the main TFW server for my password in Gateway and support is not synchronized?

10. HarleyQuinn

That's fine. I will email your password to you so that you're not held up while we work out these server issues.

11. Nocturnal Writer

Thanks. I have already signed it for I received my password to use it in the said TFW portal. :)