1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Why Do Forums Get Deactivated?

Discussion in 'General Support' started by xXTHEICEXx, May 24, 2015.

1. xXTHEICEXx

xXTHEICEXx Member

Just wondering...I never understood why

2. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

Forums are automatically deactivated once the owner runs out of credits.

It can also be manually deactivated by the owner at any time, for any reason.

3. xXTHEICEXx

xXTHEICEXx Member

Thank you for the info!

4. ianw

ianw Member

Home Page:
    http://www.swgoths.org
    In a word for "financial" reasons.

Also most forums use paid writing services when new to get interesting content while still low down in googles search results but eventually if all goes well a tipping point will be reached where the admin will be getting more and more members from the search engines and will become less and less dependant on the excellent services of the forum wheel.

This is normal and to be expected and just means you guys have done a great job of getting the forum off the ground

KenBrace likes this.
  5. KimberlyD

KimberlyD Well-Known Member Moderator

There are often times when an admin loses interest in their forum and just let it go. I have seen forums go that way often. The person thought it would be fun to open a forum but then when they realize the work it takes to get it off the ground, they lose all interest.

6. ianw

ianw Member

Home Page:
    http://www.swgoths.org
    I think people who start a forum just to make money from adsense and other monitization methods can quickly get disilutioned as you have to invest money on content, hosting, promotion etc on average for up to a year before the tipping point I mentioned is reached and the traffic gets sufficient for a payback.

On the other hand, if you are so passionate about your forum, it's subject and if you are lucky enough to have like minded friends and family who will post you will be having fun first and foremost, then one day you may notice others joining.

In other words if driving force is passion but some money would also be handy to pay some if not all the bills, your more likely to succeed.

If your real passion is making money with a money niche rather than a niche your passionate about, it will cost you at first with no guarantee of success.

KenBrace likes this.