1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Advertising System

Discussion in 'The Forum Wheel' started by KenBrace, Jun 26, 2015.

1. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

I'm thinking about creating a new advertising system but I'd like some advise before I start.

Currently there are two places to advertse here on TFW. You can purchase banner ad space in the Gateway or you can buy a spot in our Partners list.

I'm going reserve another spot or two for advertising but things are starting to get a bit scattered. Advertising is on a monthly basis and it's difficult to keep up with payments, expirations, and such. It would be better if there were an automated system that handled the ad spots. If you want to advertise then you simply purchase the spot and input the information necessary. Your ad appears immediately and it expires when the time is up. An email would be sent when it expires to notify the owner.

Here's where I need advise. How should the ad system manage payments? Should ad space be available in the Store for purchase? Or perhaps advertisements should run off "Ad Credits". When your ad credits expire, your advertisements disable. All your ads run off your 'ad credit' balance. These credits could be purchased from the Store. Or perhaps there is a better idea that I haven't thought of yet.

Suggestions?

2. Hugop

Hugop Active Member

Could our "credits" be our "ad credits"? Or what exactly are "ad credits"?

Since you are using credits for forum posts, I guess everyone would be okay using it for ads too. You can seperate the credits into "post credits" and "ad credits" to give the ones using the service a limit.

3. KimberlyD

KimberlyD Well-Known Member Moderator

I think buying ad credits in the store would be the best option. Less confusing. You could set it up so that when a admin is ready to cash out (if they are writing for posting credits) that instead of cashing out they can just use their credits to buy ad credits or they can pay cash for them.

KenBrace likes this.