1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Don't mention paid posting!

Discussion in 'Content Writers' started by GearZ, May 30, 2015.

1. GearZ

GearZ Well-Known Member Moderator

I've noticed a rash of TFW posters referring to this on a forum I'm going to leave unnamed for now. While not officially a rule, it is best not to mention paid forum posting or The Forum Wheel unless the forum owner specifically and unequivocally says you can. Doing so can have serious results for the forum owner's community, your post will likely get removed so you won't get credit, and you might get revoked or banned from the forum.

Just don't go there; there are a ton of other perfectly fine topics to discuss. Thanks for reading.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  2. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

Thank you for this post @GearZ. You are quite right. Writers should never mention paid posting unless it is explicitly stated as being ok to discuss.

To everyone. If you see a Forum Wheeler mention paid posting then please send me a PM and report the user so I can warn them. Thanks in advance.

Kieranlewix, Kaynil and GearZ like this.
  3. KimberlyD

KimberlyD Well-Known Member Moderator

I haven't seen any so far in the forum I moderate for or any of the other sites.... I don't think I've made that mistake.... I HOPE I haven't made that mistake??

4. KenBrace

I've never seen you make it.

5. KimberlyD

Well that is good news. LOL Hopefully I wont make that mistake. I try to adhere to the rules of every site I am part of, but I am FAR from perfect.

6. dfarmer2001

dfarmer2001 Well-Known Member

I have noticed this several times. This is why I was complaining before, lol.

7. panzerhacker

panzerhacker New Member

I don't really see why exactly you would mention it anyway. The idea behind this seems to be that you pay for posts without anyone knowing to get a bit of action happening in your community. Mentioning you pay for your posts seems to just completely ruin the whole object of it.

Kaynil and KenBrace like this.
  8. Happyflowerlady

Happyflowerlady Well-Known Member Moderator

I have noticed TFW being mentioned in Discuss Truth, one of the forums which I am subscribed to . How do we tell when it is okay to mention TFW on a forum ?
    I have always just gone on the assumption that it should not be mentioned at all; but obviously, that is not the case. I thought that I could just look in the rules for that forum; but the rules do not show up when a forum is offline, or you have posted your max for the day.

thisnthat likes this.
  9. KimberlyD

Some forums will have a section where places like TFW and PL are allowed to be spoken about. These places are typically places where you talk about making money online. Rule of thumb, it is always best not to mention paid posting unless you know for certain that it is OK. It is best to ask the admin when in doubt.

Kaynil and KenBrace like this.
  10. KenBrace

You should never mention TFW unless the site owner states that it is ok. If you're not sure, then send the owner a PM and ask. Just because you see someone else mention TFW doesn't mean that it's ok. That person shouldn't have mentioned TFW on Discuss Truth.

Very sound advice.

11. Happyflowerlady

Happyflowerlady Well-Known Member Moderator

Thank you, Ken ! I did not think that this would be allowed, especially since your forum has nothing to do with earning money, or anything that could possibly be related to that.
    However, since you had left the post on the forum; I thought that I should mention it. Now, I realize that you would have preferred to receive a PM about the post.

KenBrace likes this.
  12. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Well-Known Member

I have encountered this caution in one of the forums I have joined lately. It says in one of the forum's instruction in joining them is not to mention The Forum Wheel or else his subscription won't be honored and approved. It is good I have not every mentioned TFW, though I am very much thankful.

KenBrace likes this.
  13. Nocturnal Writer

Upon entering your subscription to any forum you want, there are instructions on what to do. If the instruction is so clear not mention TFW then it is. But if there is none. No worry at all. The point is obedient by digesting well the instructions.

14. Nocturnal Writer

What about link of our blog sites? Could we put our blog's link in our comments here? Or is there a particular topic which it is allowed for free?

15. KenBrace

I think most forum owners don't mind. You just need to make sure and check their rules list to ensure that it's ok. The rules are viewed before subscribing and can be viewed again via your "Subscriptions" page.