1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

A little more time

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Annabella101, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Annabella101

Annabella101 New Member

I recently joined The Forum Wheel and so far I have only signed up for one forum where I think I can make a meaningful contribution. I like to think my writing is half decent, but sometimes I make some grammatical mistakes which I only notice when I am alone without any distractions.

Recently I found out that you have 30 mins to make any changes in the forum I am associated with. If grammar is as important as I have been lead to believe, can I just ask for 'a little more time' to make my corrections?

2. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

You'd have to ask the site owner about that. Maybe send them a PM and ask them to extend the edit time. However, it's ultimately up to them. We don't have any control over the sites and their functionality.

3. Annabella101

Annabella101 New Member

Thank you for responding. After posting, I thought that might be the best course of action, but I knew you would be back here to provide me with the right answer. Still, I now know that you don't have any control over what a forum owner does. When I have settled in and feeling a little more comfortable I will ask. I also thought to put it here to see if others had this concern. Of course, my best bet would be to read over before posting but we all know how that goes.

KenBrace likes this.
  4. KimberlyD

KimberlyD Well-Known Member Moderator

This may help you out. If you have Microsoft office or Open Office (Oxygen Office), they have grammar checkers on them. Write your responses in there then copy paste to the reply box. There are also online grammar checkers (https://www.grammarcheckforsentence.com:44794/) that you can use if you do not have access to a word type program that has one.

KenBrace likes this.
  5. Annabella101

Annabella101 New Member

:):) Thank you Kimberly. You are always giving me advice even if under another name;). So here is the thing. I am still relatively new to forums and all the rest of it, but I actually thought you'd be cheating to use things like that. Still, I want to think I am just as good as any grammar checker out there given "a little more time." I will check this out. I always get my inverted commas a little mixed up.

6. KimberlyD

KimberlyD Well-Known Member Moderator

It is not cheating. Even the best writers have slip ups and many of them use tools to double check behind themselves. I use them myself and I like to think my grammar is pretty decent.

KenBrace and Annabella101 like this.
  7. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

This is correct. Forum owners want good quality posts. That's it. They don't care how you go about doing it so long as you do a good job.

8. Fawk

Fawk Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    http://setuix.com
    If you mess something up and the edit time is over, you can report your post with the changes. Forum admins appreciate this especially dealing with broken quotes, double posting, half replies etc.

KenBrace likes this.
  9. Annabella101

Annabella101 New Member

I was happy to see this question raised elsewhere by another poster. In a couple of days the admin reported that we could edit well beyond the 5 mins that was previously allocated to editing. I was thrilled and jumped in and made some corrections. I still might have missed something as I am here at my 9 til 9 job, but I like 'a little more time' when it comes to most things. I honestly don't want to have trouble admin with my little mistakes.

Kimberly I actually came back to check out your grammar check for another project.