1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Horrible Writing? Wasted Points?

Discussion in 'Forum Owners' started by dfarmer2001, May 28, 2015.

1. dfarmer2001

dfarmer2001 Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I just wanted to ask an admin or moderator what I should do about a writer? I noticed that I needed to rate a certain writer from a while back, and I was scrolling through their posts to see what a job they have done. I am not going to give any names unless PM'd by an admin or mod, but the writer was rated a 1 star by me and banned from my forums. Their content was very, very poor and honestly looked like a 5 year old wrote it. When I come to The Forum Wheel posting good content on others forums, and paying real money for content towards my forums I expect good quality posts, but this writer didn't give it too me.

So I am just curious, is that all I can do is rate them a 1 and ban them from The Forum Wheel writers list on my forums? I am positive this certain user should not be approved as a writer, and I think something should be said to the writer if they are still active.

Thanks,
    Devin

---------------

Here are some examples of the content I have received from different writers:

"I always when I'm out of school i eat from fas-fods around of my school, cheap&good.[​IMG])"

---

"Hmmm , it look quite good BUT you should do something a little modern, I think yours look a little bit old but depends of your forum theme. You should try something that combine modern design with easy read and eye-catching.

Have a good day,
    [Name removed]"

---

"I barely buy albums now. If i really like the album then i will buy it."

---

"I do not believe alien exists. There are many proofs that they do exist but we have not found the which can make us believe that alines really exist."

---

"I am right handed. I can write with my left hand too but i do not do that because if i use my left hand to write i write very slow."

There are many more posts such as the ones above, and I am unsatisfied with them.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  2. KimberlyD

KimberlyD Well-Known Member Moderator

If you are having an issue with a writer then contact us about the writer and let us know what is happening so that we can address it. You can send a message to either myself or KenBrace using the conversation option in the inbox.

Those are definitely poor post and we do NOT want our content writers to post poor quality.

dfarmer2001 likes this.
  3. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

It took me about a week to learn which writers to approve. A few bad writers slipped in during that time. They've pretty much all been weeded out of the system by now. How many credits did they earn? I'll be happy to refund them.

dfarmer2001 likes this.
  4. dfarmer2001

Okay,
    The first user earned 6.60 points. Then, the second user earned 6.30. So total points was 12.9.

Thanks!

5. KenBrace

Credits have been transferred back to your account.

dfarmer2001 likes this.
  6. dfarmer2001

Thank you! Appreciate it bunches..

7. Fawk

Fawk Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    http://setuix.com
    If we the user is banned and posts deleted, there is no auto refund?

8. KenBrace

Deleting posts will issue a refund request. After deleting the posts, just shoot me a PM and let me know. Sometimes the system will detect refunds that weren't really issued. This can happen if a site is having some down time or we are unable to communicate properly for whatever reason. So most requests are denied. A private message to let me know that the posts really were deleted will expedite the process.

Banning a user's subscription will not refund their posts. The posts must be deleted.

Kaynil likes this.
  9. Fawk

Fawk Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    http://setuix.com
    I guess I will be shooting you a private message in a bit. If a user is banned from the forums its due to something severe the user did and all posts will be deleted.

10. KenBrace

Alright, sounds like a plan. Whenever you spot a bad writer then try to have them reported as soon as possible. This way they are stopped quickly and don't have a chance to post on any other sites or cash in credits that will have to be refunded.

Kaynil likes this.
  11. thisnthat

thisnthat Well-Known Member

I've recently seen some people posting on other sites about tricks for getting accepted here (and the other place). English isn't their first language, so one scam they use is getting someone else to make their submission posts for them. Then, once accepted, they hit the forums with posts like the examples given.

So, Ken won't be able to tell immediately, if the submission posts were okay. I see he's already acknowledged that he doesn't expect anyone to pay for those posts, so that's good for forum owners (although not so great for Ken).

I'll shoot you a PM, Ken, to give you a site you may want to keep an eye on for such shenanigans.

Kaynil and KenBrace like this.
  12. ForumAdmin

ForumAdmin Member

Maybe prevent all new writers from making any withdrawals for the first 30 days and set a minimum rating level? I guess that way forum owners and The Forum Wheel aren’t out of pocket financially.

To be fair, this isn’t just a “The Forum Wheel” issue. The post quality from most writers using postloop is pretty dire also. I understand that English isn’t always the posters first language; personally I don’t mind the odd grammar mistake, or the odd spelling mistake. In the real world people make mistakes, it can help make a post look genuine in my opinion.

What’s important to me is that a topic stays on topic and any reply given makes sense to anyone who reads it.

Another pet hate of mine is bulk posting! Visiting a forum at the same time every day making posts here and there until you reach your daily limit doesn’t look good at all.

thisnthat, Kaynil and KenBrace like this.
  13. thisnthat

True, it isn't just a FW issue. It just seems like FW has been targeted more, because it's perceived as easier to get into.

I agree that it looks more natural if posts aren't always 100% perfect.

I never understood the problem with posting around the same time and such, as long as it isn't "hit and run" style posting. I mean, when I visit forums that I'm not paid to post in, it tends to be around the same times of day. I look around and either make a thread(s) or reply to some posts. Then, I usually do something else or visit another forum. I don't hang around all day long to spread posts out... so why would I on here? I mean nothing negative toward you (or anyone else) by this, but I don't get it. Why is it bad?

Kaynil likes this.
  14. ForumAdmin

ForumAdmin Member

On postloop users get may get an opertunity to make no more than five post, FW three... A pattern emerges, in the real world you may visit a board at a set time of day but would you visit it everyday and make exactly five post every visit? You may make one post, another day five post, another day three posts etc.

Almost every postloop user that visits my board makes exactly five posts per day one after another, most FW users do extactly the same thing. I think it stands out. :/

thisnthat and KenBrace like this.
  15. KenBrace

I've always disliked the bulk posting thing as well. It looks odd on your new content page. You have a list of exactly five posts by the same person straight in a row. It doesn't look natural. When I do paid writing I try to spread it out. I make a post or two on one site then do the same thing on another. Once I've make a couple posts on each site, I go back through and make a few more. It looks a lot more natural that way since it's spread out. It also gives some time for your earlier posts to get replies.

It might be a good idea to mention this in your rules list. Sadly, everyone doesn't always pay attention to the rules but at least a good fraction of your posters make the effort to spread their posts out evenly.

16. KenBrace

This is a good idea and it's something I've been considering for the past week or so. Will probably work on this sometime in the next few days.

17. thisnthat

Okay, thanks for the response. I think I see what you mean.

I usually try to do what Ken described. I usually try to cycle through the sites on my list rather than going to one, making all my posts, going to the next, etc. I do sometimes find myself interested and making posts out of interest, and then there are also times when the forums are slow and it looks like I"m the only one posting. There are also days when a site has very few points left and everyone tries to get their posts in. I do try to avoid making my entries look like I'm spamming the board though.

KenBrace likes this.
  18. GearZ

GearZ Well-Known Member Moderator

+1 to this. Seeing a single poster dump 5-10 posts within a few minutes and bail either looks like a wingnut or a fake. Neither of which is something an admin wants on their forum.

KenBrace likes this.
  19. ForumAdmin

ForumAdmin Member

I see this all to often and it really annoys me. :mad:

I have the following rule:
    Yet today someone decided to post three times within a space of three minutes. :(

Do people not read the rules? Not only that but the three posts had poor English, poor grammar and if that wasn't bad enough, all three posts were repetitive and gave the same information.

I don't mind the odd mistake, that's natural. After all, I have never been on a forum where spelling, grammar and punctuation has been perfect across the board. English isn't everyone's first language, I get that but what really stands out are members that dump posts within a few minutes daily!

20. KenBrace

Yeah it really annoys me as well because it makes TFW look bad.

Unfortunately, some people just refuse to read the rules. We force every writer to agree to the rules before subscribing but apparently some of them will not take the time to actually read them.

That's what the rating system is for. If they do that, then give them a 1.0 rating, ban their subscription, delete the posts they've made, then let me know that you deleted their posts. I'll then process the return and you'll get all of your credits back.

A couple 1.0 ratings and their account is fried. It does a fairly good job of shutting down the bad writers quickly.

Kaynil and pwarbi like this.